I was doing business in Santa Fe, which coincided with my daughter's (9 + 11) Spring Break so I brought them with me. When we booked our flight's on American Airlines, we also booked the reservations on www.AA.com. I was really pleased with the rate, and have stayed at other Preferred Properties in the past, so I was really looking forward to the stay... little did I know there was going to be a wedding party in the room next to us on Saturday night!
Here's some particulars that you might find helpful:
- The room was good. Spacious, clean, modern and the cleaning staff was meticulous.
- The restaurant is top notch. The waiter was surprised that I was there with two kids on a Sunday night, but we didn't want to brave the elements and venture out (About 4" of snow fell overnight). While I didn't feel the "love" from the waiter (I think he was more interested in the "adult" tables who were spending more/buying more alcohol, he did allow my girls to create off-menu items like an alfredo pasta dish).
- The valet's are great! They were single handedly the best part of the trip. They provided the "insiders" knowledge that made our trip successful.
- The fitness center was great!
- The location is great! Two blocks from the square, Georgia O'Keefe Museum was 12 steps out the back door.
- I called in advance and asked about the pool being heated. "No problem. The pool is heated." was the response. We got there and the pool was nowhere near heated, but the hot tub was great!
- Guest Services was really helpful... See below for more details.
- Front desk was average. I inquired if there was an upgrade available and the check-in clerk blew me off!
- Concierge was extremely helpful! She even called several art galleries looking for the artist I knew!
Ok, now that we got that out of the way let's talk about where the wheels fell off during our stay. On Saturday evening there was a wedding in the hotel. Little did I know that the bride and groom were staying in the room next to us. Not bad in and of itself (I mean, we didn't hear anything obnoxious!), but who would have thought that the they would have invited everyone at the reception to their honeymoon suite for an after-reception party? I called down to the guest services to complain and they sent security up right away, maybe too right away! I guess all the guests weren't at the after-party yet! I ended up calling back down to Guest Services again and they sent two security folks up. Things quieted down, but the disappointing part was that the next morning my daughter overheard the front desk clerks saying that the party in room 402 was crazy!
Here's my disconnect with the whole thing... If I have a client that complains one time I contact them to see what I can do to assist them as the owner of the company. I called down twice and never got a call from the hotel manager... WEAK! They knew I was hot and hid behind the Guest Services personnel. Again, real WEAK!
Bottom line recommendation... If you are staying the weekend, inquire about weddings being held in the hotel. If traveling with kids and you eat in the restaurant, I am not certain how much you need to spend in order to feel the "love." The hotel's location is great, but I've had better service at the La Fonda and Loretto in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Eldorado Hotel and Spa, where award-winning luxury and unexpected delights set the stage for an enchanting visit. 4 Diamond/4 Star Hotel located steps from the Santa Fe Plaza. Relaxing rooms, some with wood burning fireplaces. Superb cuisine at the Old House Restaurant. Exquisite drinks and apps at AGAVE Lounge. Ultimate pampering at Nidah Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eldorado Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorado Hotel And Spa
- Eldorado Hotel Santa Fe
- Eldorado Santa Fe