“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here, comfortable room, and the location is wonderful! Located at the edge of downtown & perfect walking distance to everything in that area, we loved the location of the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear EVEllis,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear that you have found your hotel of choice for your visits to Santa Fe. I hope that you can return in the not so distant future.
Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had a conference at this hotel- which has seen some better days. Justin is the front desk supervisor and is the epitome of graciousness and hospitality; however, many of the other front desk and concierge personnel need some additional training. A new housekeeper, Edward B., also had customer service in mind and will go far in the business.

The breakfast in the restaurant is amazing - and worth the price. Be sure to ask for a children's menu if you have kids- they don't bring it automatically and we didn't find out until the last day.

The rest of the food supplied for the conference was lacking in variety and taste. The rooms are tired looking (we had an upgrade which was spacious, but be careful of lighting a fire in the room- the chimney is probably not maintained well and we had some back smoke). The location is good with easy access to other restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Karin23320,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am so glad that we had a few of our staff members exceed your expectation. We are having a housekeeping meeting today and I am so glad that I will be able to share this with the team and Edward B. I am also happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the breakfast. We are planning to update the hotel in the lobby and common areas but also in the guest rooms in the upcoming months. I hope that you will return to visit us again in the not so distant future so see our changes.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very nice hotel only a block from the plaza. Beautifully decorated rooms with lots of amenities. There is a nice restaurant in the lobby and spa services which we did not use. The location, however, is fabulous.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gbwcs,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the location to be fabulous. I am also glad that you liked the Old House restaurant. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa in the not so distant future.

Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Eldorado recently, and it was a wonderful experience. They provide service with a capital S! I was distressed we couldn't reserve a king room when we made the reservation, but the very nice man at check in found a king room for us. The room was nice with a sofa and chair setting area, very comfortable bed, and great bathroom and shower. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. The Agave was nice and we also enjoyed the Old House Restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is very close walking distance to everything, including the Plaza. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I would definitely want to stay there again -- it had been 14 years since we had been there, but it was as nice as I remembered from before.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kytravelor,
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I am glad that all the staff provided you with the level of service that you expected and received the last time you stayed with us. I am really happy that we were able to find the room that you were hoping for when you arrived but were unable to make during the time of booking. I look forward to your return visit and hope that you can return soon.

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Eldorado is located close to the center of Santa Fe. We found the staff to be friendly. Our room was comfortable and had views of surrounding mountains. The staff were generally friendly and responsive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear tsogl,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you like the location of the hotel ad that you found the staff to be friendly. I am also glad that you found the room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed the views.
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Eldorado is located in the centre of Santa Fe, walking distance to museums, the Plaza and
Canyon Road. The shuttle to the Santa Fe Opera stops at the door. The staff were friendly and helpful with requests. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable with European style bedding. A convenient refrigerator and tea-coffee machine with daily refills of coffee were provided. I found that I needed to let the housekeepers know that the room needed attention otherwise the room would not be made up until late afternoon or later. Both the hotel lounge and the restaurant were uninviting and I took advantage of the breakfast cafés nearby. I did use the spa facilities and although the staff was very nice, the place could do with some updating and a good cleaning.

The internet was free but not functioning. There was a much stronger signal from a nearby hotel that was usable.

My general impression is that the hotel although very well located, is somewhat overpriced.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor experienced noise from the swimming pool, not from swimmers but from the filt...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SurreyGoldfinch,
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am glad that you liked the location of the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed the amenities provided in the room I am sorry that you did not like the lounge in the hotel. We are going to update this area and bring back live entertainment to this space. I look forward to your return and to share the updated space with you.
Chappaqua, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Eldorado. We liked the mix of southwestern and modern style. Room was large, clean and bed was very comfortable. The pool is tiny but is fine for lounging, relaxing and a quick dip. Staff was overall nice, accommodating and helpful. Only ate breakfast there, which was good, but we wanted to get fresh omelettes made at the buffet and the chef was MIA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SuzanneZ,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you liked the décor of the hotel and that the staff was accommodating and helpful. We usually do not have a buffet in the morning but we can definitely make fresh omelets for you. I hope to welcome you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa and Heritage Hotels and Resorts
Max

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!