“Beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very nice hotel only a block from the plaza. Beautifully decorated rooms with lots of amenities. There is a nice restaurant in the lobby and spa services which we did not use. The location, however, is fabulous.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear gbwcs,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the location to be fabulous. I am also glad that you liked the Old House restaurant. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa in the not so distant future.

Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Eldorado recently, and it was a wonderful experience. They provide service with a capital S! I was distressed we couldn't reserve a king room when we made the reservation, but the very nice man at check in found a king room for us. The room was nice with a sofa and chair setting area, very comfortable bed, and great bathroom and shower. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. The Agave was nice and we also enjoyed the Old House Restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is very close walking distance to everything, including the Plaza. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I would definitely want to stay there again -- it had been 14 years since we had been there, but it was as nice as I remembered from before.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kytravelor,
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I am glad that all the staff provided you with the level of service that you expected and received the last time you stayed with us. I am really happy that we were able to find the room that you were hoping for when you arrived but were unable to make during the time of booking. I look forward to your return visit and hope that you can return soon.

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Eldorado is located close to the center of Santa Fe. We found the staff to be friendly. Our room was comfortable and had views of surrounding mountains. The staff were generally friendly and responsive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear tsogl,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you like the location of the hotel ad that you found the staff to be friendly. I am also glad that you found the room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed the views.
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Eldorado is located in the centre of Santa Fe, walking distance to museums, the Plaza and
Canyon Road. The shuttle to the Santa Fe Opera stops at the door. The staff were friendly and helpful with requests. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable with European style bedding. A convenient refrigerator and tea-coffee machine with daily refills of coffee were provided. I found that I needed to let the housekeepers know that the room needed attention otherwise the room would not be made up until late afternoon or later. Both the hotel lounge and the restaurant were uninviting and I took advantage of the breakfast cafés nearby. I did use the spa facilities and although the staff was very nice, the place could do with some updating and a good cleaning.

The internet was free but not functioning. There was a much stronger signal from a nearby hotel that was usable.

My general impression is that the hotel although very well located, is somewhat overpriced.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor experienced noise from the swimming pool, not from swimmers but from the filt...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SurreyGoldfinch,
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am glad that you liked the location of the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed the amenities provided in the room I am sorry that you did not like the lounge in the hotel. We are going to update this area and bring back live entertainment to this space. I look forward to your return and to share the updated space with you.
Chappaqua, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Eldorado. We liked the mix of southwestern and modern style. Room was large, clean and bed was very comfortable. The pool is tiny but is fine for lounging, relaxing and a quick dip. Staff was overall nice, accommodating and helpful. Only ate breakfast there, which was good, but we wanted to get fresh omelettes made at the buffet and the chef was MIA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SuzanneZ,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you liked the décor of the hotel and that the staff was accommodating and helpful. We usually do not have a buffet in the morning but we can definitely make fresh omelets for you. I hope to welcome you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa and Heritage Hotels and Resorts
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Justin at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, checked us in even though I arrived a little early. He also straightened out our bill when there was an error and always greeted us by name during our stay. Irene and Keith did our massages at the spa and they were both terrific!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lisa D, Spa Director at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Phyllis,
So glad to hear you enjoy our massage therapists. I will be sure to pass this along to them!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Beautiful luxury hotel. Great location. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. However, about midnight, a bellman opened the door to our room to bring in another guest's luggage. The desk had given him our room number and a key to our room. The safety latch stopped him and he apologized. It was a mix up at the desk but a little scary. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lucydog2013,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time with us. I am sorry about the mix up that happen to you. I have looked into this and can assure you that we have taken steps to correct the mistake. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa again soon,
Max

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!