“Fantastic hotel, poor pool however........” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin
“Fantastic hotel, poor pool however........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived without a booking and were greater with the upmost professionalism by Jennifer, in reception. We were shown 3 different room types, so we could choose our preferred option and we went for a junior suite, which was fantastic. The reception area is one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few. The concierge was also very helpful and advised us on places to go and things to see. John, the doorman / porter was clearly part of the overall tone of the hotel and was also consistent with our experience. Indeed, there were 2 John's in the same role and they were both fantastic !!!

If there is one piece of advice is to check the bill and make sure that the charges are accurate. We had problems checking out and the receptionist (unfortunately Jennifer was not working) was so inexperienced that he could not reverse a charge that was not ours. He was friendly and courteous and eventually had to pass us onto another receptionist, who was able to deal with the change, that was over 100 Dollars.

Key to the hotel is the location. It is2 minutes from the very busy side of town, so quiet and still very convenient.

I would defiantly stay again..........thanks all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear CPKONE,
Thank you taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear that the staff made you feel welcome. I have shared your remarks with Jennifer and both John’s. I am sorry that you has an issue with check out. I hope that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting Santa Fe.
I look forward to welcoming you back, when you visit us again.

Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Sorry, I don't usually write negative reviews, but I have to here. This hotel is HUGE, nicely appointed with art all around. And it was a huge disappointment. In the descriptions, the hotels should add if the premises is strongly used for conferences. So this was a very conferency hotel, and not the quaint, quietness you would expect from this town. I was here on gallery business, and not for a conference. Let me begin with the rooms. There are a kazillion rooms and it was like a Vegas hotel walk of a mile to get to one's room. Next, the rooftop pool. For such a large hotel, the pool, well, we thought it was a spa, and not a pool. Very tiny for a hotel of this size!! Weird. Next, the restaurant in the hotel. The service was abysmal. We waited almost an hour for our breakfast. The waiter was apologetic and gave us $30 off our bill. At checkout, we were charged the full amount, even though we signed the reduced bill. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was treated bruskly by a tall blonde woman. Not friendly as it was a mistake of the hotel. One more thing: I mentioned I was here on gallery business. I am an artist that had a number of valuable paintings in the back of my vehicle for my appointment with the galleries. The vehicles are mandatory valee service. Upon requesting the vehicle the next day before my appointment, I found the car was not only unlocked, but the keys were on top of the wheel! I would also like to mention that I am a person that tips well for expected service. Somehow, this doesn't seem to have any effect anymore. They had "run out of boxes", was the excuse. I would hate to imagine if an insurance issue had ensued! I would be happy if the hotel would respond accordingly, and possibly reduce my bill for all the inconvenience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Anita L,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay with us. My direct number at the hotel is 505 995-4522 My hope is that you will give us another chance so that we may provide you with the level of service that you expect from a hotel like ours.

Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I were there for our 2yr anniversary, and had an amazing time! The hotel was very beautiful and had art all over! They had champagne waiting for us in our room and brought more up the next day because they knew we were celebrating. We had a little issue with the A/C but they sent someone up quickly to fix it. Its in a great location with a ton of things with in walking distance. Also it is very dog friendly! There were dogs everywhere!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Yazee85,

Congratulations again on your anniversary. I am glad that you both had an amazing time and also that you both decided to spend your special time with us. I apologize that you had an issue with your AC but glad that we fixed it for you promptly. It sounds that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting Santa Fe. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Eldorado--great atmosphere, convenient and great margaritas at the hotel bar. My only regret and disappointment is not knowing about the balcony rooms--if the front desk would have mentioned them at check-in we surely would have paid extra for one!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear patroclus_dc,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you enjoyed the Eldorado Hotel, its atmosphere location and bar. I apologize that the front desk did not inform you about the rooms with balconies on our 5th. floor. I hope that you will choose the Eldorado Hotel again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel looks historic but is up to date on service and standards with friendly staff and excellent amenities like roof top pool and workout center. The room was spacious, sunny with balcony, even fireplace for winter guests and mini fridge for summer guests.
The location at the end of on one of the main streets in down town allowed us to just walk to most of the city's attractions. Easy was also the drive out of town, since this place is close to the highway connector road. In brief: Great Choice for our first time in Santa Fe!

Room Tip: Don't stay too close to the Presidential suite - it can get loud if this room is rented out for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Judith B,
I am glad that you decided to stay with us for your first visit to Santa Fe. I am happy that you found everything to be very convenient for you. With over 430 restaurants and many more shops and galleries, The Eldorado Hotel and Spa is a great location for almost everything. I hope that you plan a visit to Santa Fe again soon and that you will stay with us again at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa.
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We usually stay at La Posada when visiting Santa Fe, which we do on a fairly regular basis, as it is only a 5 hour drive for us. When we saw the Travel Zoo vouchers for this hotel, offering a discounted rate plus a $25 per day resort credit, we thought, "Why not"? In a word, the reason why not is Jennifer, a front desk supervisor. She is one of those 'fake nice' people, who wields her 'power' indiscriminately. We had a big problem checking out, using the vouchers, and she decided that we did not meet the criteria exactly. For instance, we had three rooms, all paid for on one credit card, but since we charged breakfast to my room only, we couldn't use the $25 credits from the other two rooms.

Okay, so there's that. In the rooms, the bathroom lighting is very poor. There is one light and no exhaust fan (believe me, after a lot of Mexican food, I need an exhaust fan!). The pool is sort of small, and there were only 5 lounge chairs, so it was full when we went up. The fitness room is pretty good for a hotel fitness room.

Still, customer service is terrible, and we won't go back, nor will we recommend this to our many friends from Denver who go down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear brucemitchell108,

San Juan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Eldorado hotel has a lot to offer: Large rooms, great amenities and a super location. Our room had a balcony overlooking the mountains as well as a fireplace (which we did not use). We could walk to all the shops and restaurants around the Plaza and we parked our car in the municipal garage across the street, instead of the expensive valet parking. We did not have breakfast in the hotel and had the best coffees of our trip at a small coffee counter opposite the parking garage. Great hotel when visiting Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Director of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear DonRobertoSanJuan,
I am so glad to hear that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting Santa Fe. Bill with Holy Spirit coffee is a great little fixture in Santa Fe. With so many things to see and do, I hope that your plans are to return to visit us in the not so distant future.
Max

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!