“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bi-Coastal
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stumbled onto this hotel by chance. We had booked another Santa Fe hotel and were disappointed with the area. We looked in our AAA travel guide for 4-diamond hotels and saw the Eldorado ~ what luck, we got the last room! A wonderful hotel, perfect location to the Plaza and Old Town. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Director of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Live4Maine,
I am glad that you stumbled onto the Eldorado Hotel. You have now found the place to stay on your next visit to Santa Fe and the City Different. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Iola, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great place, great people that help and a location close to all of the old downtown area. From first arriving to leaving people where there that helped and where pleasant and helpful. The room was located with a great view. The lobby was large and even though there was a large convention there at the same time we never felt crowded or underserved.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas W,
Thank you for your kind words. With the Eldorado Hotel only located 2 blocks from the plaza it is convenient for restaurants and shopping. I am also glad that even though the hotel was busy that you did not feel crowded. I hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here recently as a convenient layover before heading the back way home to Albuquerque for some golf in the mountains. The hotel really is nice. The common areas, both at check-in and on each floor are expansive. You never feel cooped up. The front desk and door staff were very attentive. It appears that the rooms were remodeled sometime in the recent past (at least the fourth floor). The bedding was very comfortable. The room itself was not cramped at all and while not what I would consider spacious, it was a good size.

There were however, some stains in the carpet in the hallway that were long overdue for cleaning. Someone's room service tray that was outside their door at 9 PM was still sitting there at 10 AM, which is pretty bad.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, including the tiny rooftop pool area. And I mean tiny, 4 lounges, 2 chairs and one table. That's it. I am not sure where they get the 'spa' portion of the hotel name.

It is somewhat appalling that they charge $24/day for valet parking. Add a tip and you are easily over $30/day. I parked across the street in the municipal parking structure for $10.00 maximum charge. I believe that it is closed from 10PM to 6AM or something like that, but I wasn't going anywhere.

The hotel is right on the edge of downtown and is convenient to most things. As I live here in NM, I got a NM resident rate which kept the price reasonable, but certainly more than a Motel 6.

Room Tip: This is a rather large hotel, so be sure to ask for a room near the elevators if walking is a proble...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BLDTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy that you found the hotel to be convenient and the common areas not crapped. We do have a full service spa on the lobby level of the hotel. We offer everything from full salon services to massage treatments and nail services. I am sorry that you found a room service tray left overnight. I have spoken to that department and I have been assured that this issue has been taken care of. I hope that you will choose us again for your next visit with us.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was our first time to Santa Fe. Compared to other hotels I have stayed at it was average.
The room was nice but the TV was awful. Few channels and not HD. I know you don't go to Santa Fe to watch TV but during down time its nice. On the positive side its close to the square and best house margarita.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cathyb329,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that the TV signal was not up to par. I would love to know which room you stayed in so that I can address the issue. I can be reached at (505) 995.4523. I am glad that you did enjoy the bar and the house margarita.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've stayed here a few times, super convenient to the plaza and downtown area, all the staff were super nice especially during our most recent visit. Not the cheapest place in town, and you get what you pay for. The $24/day parking is steep but parking is tight everywhere downtown so could be worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear funguyPhil,
Thank you for staying with us again. I am glad that you have made the Eldorado Hotel your place to stay when you visit Santa Fe. I hope that you will return to visit us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We only stayed one night at the eldorado. The rooms are large and comfortable. It has a great location about a block off the square. We ended up changing rooms due to noise from a wedding, but they moved us as soon as we asked. They let us check in early which was nice. The rooftop pool area is nice, but small for the size of this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room at the end of the hall rather than near the elevators. The floor lobbies...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelelovevaca,
Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you will be back in the not distant future to stay with us longer. I look forward to your next visit with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

For a minimal additional charge, we stayed in a room with a balcony overlooking an amazing view of the mountains. From the housekeeper to the parking attendants, everyone at the Eldorado was friendly, polite, and eager to help. The hotel is well maintained, the bedding is very comfortable, and the location makes it an easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Jodigirl17,
I wanted to take to moment to thank you for staying with us at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa. I am glad that you found everything to be conveniently located. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Santa Fe.
Max

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!