“Nice hotel by the square” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Flair & F&B Credit
Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel by the square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We only stayed one night at the eldorado. The rooms are large and comfortable. It has a great location about a block off the square. We ended up changing rooms due to noise from a wedding, but they moved us as soon as we asked. They let us check in early which was nice. The rooftop pool area is nice, but small for the size of this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room at the end of the hall rather than near the elevators. The floor lobbies...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Director of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Michelelovevaca,
Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you will be back in the not distant future to stay with us longer. I look forward to your next visit with us.

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

For a minimal additional charge, we stayed in a room with a balcony overlooking an amazing view of the mountains. From the housekeeper to the parking attendants, everyone at the Eldorado was friendly, polite, and eager to help. The hotel is well maintained, the bedding is very comfortable, and the location makes it an easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Jodigirl17,
I wanted to take to moment to thank you for staying with us at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa. I am glad that you found everything to be conveniently located. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Santa Fe.
Wilmington, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The room was very large and comfortable, as was the bed. The hotel is close to many shops and some restaurants as well as old churches etc. I wish I could have stayed longer, but will likely choose it if I get to return to SF.

Dear bgins,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you have found the place to stay when you return to Santa Fe. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is my second visit to the Eldorado and we are enjoying our stay. Friendly staff and nice rooms. The spa treatments are not quite up to par and the servers in the bar could be a little nicer, but the overall experience is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Director Of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Hamidah2013,

Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the spa treatments and the bar service did not meet your expectations. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss these issues with you. I may be reached at (505) 995.4523.

Marshall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good attention on check in, received room quickly even though I was early. The room was comfortable and quiet, and very convenient to the various spots in the old downtown area. The valet and front desk staff were very friendly and quick to help. While I did not ask directly, the Concierge personnel were great at recommending short trips and places to see (I listened to them while waiting for my room to become available). We ate a buffet salad lunch as a business group that was outstanding, as were the provided snacks during meetings and at cocktail functions. I did not ask for much help, but this hotel seems to be well run and customer-centric.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #463 and could smell a slight cigarette smoke odor in the bathroom. The view was n...
Dear James T,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your business trip to Santa Fe. I am glad that the staff were helpful and were able answer any questions you might have had during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe and the city different.

Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for several days before, and including, Mothers Day this year. Having stayed next door at the Hilton for a day before my stay at Eldorado, I must say I was disappointed in the change. The Hilton is rates 3.5 stars whereas the Eldorado is rated 4, so I expected a slightly better experience, but I was surprised to find several downgrades in amenities. 1st, the Eldorado "Deluxe King" bathroom was very small. 1/2 the size of the Hilton. Also, the TV was 1/3 the size of the Hilton...the smallest I have seen in a hotel in years. The A/C didn't work very well, and the TV had a very poor picture, despite requesting repair by engineering. For almost $200/night, and 4 stars, I expected much better from the El Dorado.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill W,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the issues you have mentioned regarding the clarity of the TV and the AC issues with our engineering department. I hope that when you return to Santa Fe that you give us another opportunity so that we can provide you with the level of service you would expect to receive from the Eldorado Hotel & Spa.
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was here for a convention. I grew to love the art and the decorations that made this resort feel so warm. The staff really is their best point though, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful! The rooms had everything you would need and very comfy beds. Extremely clean as well. Nice size resort as well, and very easy to find your way around. The food was good that was served to us in the banquet rooms. I would recommend to everyone.

Dear Nesann,

Thank for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you found the hotel of choice for any future visits to Santa Fe. I have shared your kind words about the staff with the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado and Santa Fe on your next visit.
Max

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!