“Great rooms and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great rooms and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is my second visit to the Eldorado and we are enjoying our stay. Friendly staff and nice rooms. The spa treatments are not quite up to par and the servers in the bar could be a little nicer, but the overall experience is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SFDap, Director Of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Hamidah2013,

Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the spa treatments and the bar service did not meet your expectations. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss these issues with you. I may be reached at (505) 995.4523.

Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Marshall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good attention on check in, received room quickly even though I was early. The room was comfortable and quiet, and very convenient to the various spots in the old downtown area. The valet and front desk staff were very friendly and quick to help. While I did not ask directly, the Concierge personnel were great at recommending short trips and places to see (I listened to them while waiting for my room to become available). We ate a buffet salad lunch as a business group that was outstanding, as were the provided snacks during meetings and at cocktail functions. I did not ask for much help, but this hotel seems to be well run and customer-centric.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #463 and could smell a slight cigarette smoke odor in the bathroom. The view was n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SFDap, Director of Operations at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear James T,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your business trip to Santa Fe. I am glad that the staff were helpful and were able answer any questions you might have had during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe and the city different.

Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for several days before, and including, Mothers Day this year. Having stayed next door at the Hilton for a day before my stay at Eldorado, I must say I was disappointed in the change. The Hilton is rates 3.5 stars whereas the Eldorado is rated 4, so I expected a slightly better experience, but I was surprised to find several downgrades in amenities. 1st, the Eldorado "Deluxe King" bathroom was very small. 1/2 the size of the Hilton. Also, the TV was 1/3 the size of the Hilton...the smallest I have seen in a hotel in years. The A/C didn't work very well, and the TV had a very poor picture, despite requesting repair by engineering. For almost $200/night, and 4 stars, I expected much better from the El Dorado.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill W,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the issues you have mentioned regarding the clarity of the TV and the AC issues with our engineering department. I hope that when you return to Santa Fe that you give us another opportunity so that we can provide you with the level of service you would expect to receive from the Eldorado Hotel & Spa.
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was here for a convention. I grew to love the art and the decorations that made this resort feel so warm. The staff really is their best point though, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful! The rooms had everything you would need and very comfy beds. Extremely clean as well. Nice size resort as well, and very easy to find your way around. The food was good that was served to us in the banquet rooms. I would recommend to everyone.

Dear Nesann,

Thank for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you found the hotel of choice for any future visits to Santa Fe. I have shared your kind words about the staff with the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado and Santa Fe on your next visit.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I don't stay in luxury hotels usually, but was here for a conference and stayed on a couple of days with family. The concierge was SO helpful, friendly and knowledgeable--she helped us plan great day trips to Shidoni Foundry and Art gallery, and Bandolier Nat. park, etc., and get reservations a good restaurants; all the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful.
The valet parking was a little weird--the valets were great and helpful, but nice to have more access to your own car? But parking in this town is tough, so nice amenity.
I SO appreciated free wireless. There is nothing worse than paying a lot for a business hotel room and then being nickle-and-dimed to pay for internet access, which is essential. So keep up free wireless!
Great location, nice building, clean, beds were comfy. Nice to be able to open windows.
Didn't have breakfast here--went to fabulous French Bakery in La Fonda Hotel, short walk to other side of plaza--stunning croissants and pastries and great coffee.

Room Tip: The deluxe double is a double bed, not queen sized. But beds were super-comfy, so it didn't seem...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Please keep us in mind should you be in Santa Fe as we would love to make an even bigger impression on you.
Gabe
Murray Bridge, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rocked up not pre-booked. Got 2 rooms at discounted rates :-)
Staff couldn't be more helpful. Bar & restaurant serve quality wines, beer and the aged steak was awesome. Fine selection of beers & wine. Caution, as the restaurant menu is reduced somewhat in choice on a Sunday. Enjoyed our stay. Recommend the hotel.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to host you and your colleague while making your way through the United States. We were lucky to have had to opportunity to have had international guests from Australia choose our hotel and make such an impression.
We hope you enjoy the remainder of your tour and find similar accommodations.
Kindest regards,

Gabriel
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The El Dorado is beautiful, the staff is superb, and the location is perfect - two blocks from the Plaza, an easy walk to Casa Chimayo Restaurant, and a brisk walk to the Railyard District. The staff is friendly, the concierges extremely knowledgeable, and the restaurants are fun and delicious. The artwork, curated by Bobby Beals, reflects Southwest themes and artists. All-in-all, the El Dorado is a great base from which to explore the beauty of Santa Fe and the surrounding area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We always look forward to such wonderful reviews and we appreciate your feedback as it provides us with the opportunity to improve on what we are doing well.
Gabriel

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!