“Convention type” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Atlanta
“Convention type”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is one of the newest and largest in town. I read about the people that helped them and that was not my case. I called to say I would be arriving on the late side but before midnight. There was no one there to help with my bags. I had to carry 3 bags up, open door and drag them to the desk(this took several trips. A man in front of check in and a woman behind. No wonderful welcome. They did then ask if they could help but I had lugged them all in by this time. The next day I asked about a food tour I had signed up for and they did not know about it. I had to get on my own computer to find it. I was taken to the rear to go to the Georgia O'K museum and it was right across the street. No one told me they had a shuttle(read about it here). If you want an impersonal(no cookies etc. or turn down)hotel a few blocks from the square it is fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I am truly sorry for the experience you had upon your arrival. It is always our goal to provide quick and quality service to all of our guests. In your case, we fell short on welcoming you. I hope you reach out to me when you visit Santa Fe as I would like to personally handle the details of your stay.
Kindest Regards,
Gabriel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Longmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three days for a conference. It's one of those: where you say on a scale of one to ten how would you rate it? I would say an eleven. The accommodations are excellent, the food good and service impeccable. I came in late 10:30PM and very hungry. The desk person took me over to the entrance to the bar where I could get some food. I had dinner there one night and the food was great.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room, a queen double. Lots of room and love threir key entry system.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you kindly for the "11" rating out of 10. We truly appreciate your business and were more than happy to host the conference. Keep us in mind should you return to Santa Fe, hopefully for your vacation so that you are able to experience all of Santa Fe and what it has to offer.
Best Regards,
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We are here for 5 days. Hotel has attractive lobby and common areas.
Requested room with view but did not get it on the third floor. Higher would be better.
The room was slightly musty on arrival but that dissipated quickly.
Rooms are good sized and nicely furnished, beds are quite comfortable.
Reception area has supply of infused waters on tap which are necessary with this climate.
Staff are friendly and responsive to requests.
The Concierge is EXCELLENT! Really knows the area and very helpful with suggestions.
Roof pool area is small, only 6 lounge chairs.
I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words about the concierge. They really make a difference here at the Eldorado. I'm sorry to hear we did not have a room available with a view. We are lucky enough to keep busy and always try to accommodate requests. Please feel free to reach out to me next time to ensure we get you a room with a nicer view.
Kindest Regards,
Scottsdake, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel gets better with time....Renovated rooms and bathrooms show attention to comfort and modern facilities. Service is amazingly helpful and welcoming. The Old House Restaurant is consistently good and service is superb. Location is perfect to browse the Plaza area and enjoy Santa Fe at its heart.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear feedback from our guests that we continue to improve and grow as Santa Fe's favorite hotel. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe and I hope you reach out to us to ensure you have another great experience.
Best Regards,
Calumet, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The first night of my stay, I was delighted with the fruit plate and bottled water delivered to my room. I have special dietary needs, so this was perfect for me. It is always difficult, when I travel, to easily find the foods I need to eat, as I avoid most meat, dairy, grains and processed, heated oils. This leaves me hunting for fresh fruits and vegetables in large volume. Eldorado did better than most places I have stayed, and offers some nice fruit and vegetable options. I tend to not be as assertive as I'd like to make my needs known, so, I would appreciate it if hotels could emphasize more strongly a desire to meet special needs. I believe Eldorado would have gone overboard to accommodate, had I been more vocal, but again, it would have been nice for that service to be emphasized more. Great hotel, I would come back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Our Food and Beverage managers will be pleased to hear that your dietary needs were met upon arrival to your room. Your are correct in saying that we would go above and beyond to accommodate your, or any guest's, dietary needs when we can. It's what we do daily.
Please reach out to us when you are in Santa Fe as we would ensure your dietary needs are accommodated to the best of our ability.
Kind Regards,
Gabe
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spent a full week at this grand hotel... was in Santa Fe for two photographic workshops with a couple of extra days added to enjoy the sights... concierge was fantastic not only with suggestions on what to see and how to get there but she also rearranged my viewing of the Georgia O'keeffe's Abiquiu home as I had inadvertently pressed the wrong button while booking on line but did not notice... so luckily I was able to be accommodated for the viewing... also she facilitated renting a car right from the hotel for a day and provided the directions to get me to Abiquiu... enjoyed the green chillies in the food in the restaurant and bar areas... in all had a great rewarding combination of holiday and workshop... the check out front desk woman was a little cranky that day but again the concierge saved the day and reconfirmed my shuttle service to the airport... all concierge's deserve accolades especially this one...

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on a higher level...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
It sounds like you really enjoyed your time in the Land of Enchantment! Thank you for letting us know how well our Concierge conducted themselves and took care of you during your stay.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the not so caring service from the agent. Our expectations are to provide excellent service to every guest, every time. We seemed to have fallen short at the desk and this opportunity will allow us to conduct further training.
Thank you again and we'll see you soon,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Staff = amazing!
Location = amazing!
Food = amazing!
Margaritas = amazing!

This place is awesome! Everything is in walking distance. Try the 28 day dry aged ribeye and a Picante margarita. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
The aged Ribeye is one of my favorite entrees on the menu. I'm glad to hear you joined us at the Old House and treated yourself to a delicious dinner. Please come back and visit us real soon!