“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Clarksville, Maryland
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent location, walkable to everything downtown. All the staff we encountered were very professional, courteous and helpful. Rooms spotless, comfortable, and well cared for but fairly basic corporate style. Overall, this is not my kind of hotel - I prefer smaller and more personal style - but it is a better than average business conference hotel (which was why I was there) with all the conveniences. Highly recommend lunch at Tia Sophia, about a block away!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you kindly for expressing how much you enjoyed our guest room and the convenience of our location. I certainly hope you stay with us again while on a leisure trip and enjoy our Nidah Spa services.
I am very pleased that our staff was accommodating and professional during your trip. We are proud of our staff and strive to provide authentic hospitality.
Gabriel G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We arrived late...upon our arrival we were greeted by valet who let us know it's a mandatory $24 fee to park. Wow! And there is not another option. (We had stayed across the street at Hilton for $50 cheaper a night w/free parking we will prob stay there next time) rooms and beds were comfortable. The first room they gave us smelled like cigarette smoke second room had a stain on the bedding that grossed us out but we were so exhausted we didn't care at that point. Hotel is in great location, beautiful lobby and has a nice restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014
Good Afternoon,
I am truly sorry you were checked into a room that smelled like cigarette smoke. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and ensure this is relayed to our guests as they check in. Unfortunately, there are the occasional individuals who insist on doing the opposite. We will ensure that this specific room is cleaned thoroughly so that we do not have this concern again.
At the Eldorado, valet is the only option as the garage has tandem parking spaces and it would be possible for guests to be blocked in by one another. Hilton does charge a nightly fee for parking, however, they are not equipped with a secure, below ground parking structure.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future and that you reach out to me so I can personally oversee the details of your reservation.
Gabriel G
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful one-night stay at the Eldorado, which can't be beat for comfort, service, location, and value. We've visited Santa Fe many times and have always stayed at one of the chain hotels on Cerrillos Road, but this time we wanted something a little more special and convenient to downtown. We were allowed to take our room early, even though it was nearly three hours before the official check-in time. We loved our room at the end of the hallway on the third floor; it was very quiet and had a lovely view across the rooftops to the mountains. We appreciated having a sofa for relaxing and reading, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom seemed to have been recently updated with new flooring, fixtures, and tile. The Old House, just off the lobby, had extended its prix-fixe Restaurant Week menu for an additional week, so we were able to take advantage of that offer for a delicious 3-course dinner for $30 each. Our room rate also included a "continental breakfast" which was actually a $30 voucher that we could use to order anything from the breakfast menu. There are other hotels that are equally convenient to the shops and museums around the plaza, but considering the comfort of the room, the friendliness of the staff, and the reasonable room price, we can't imagine a better place to stay in downtown Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We are so grateful you decided to stay with us instead of a chain. We take pride in setting ourselves apart from other hotels. Our location is perfect for enjoying the Plaza.
We value our associates and are proud of the service they provide daily and to every guest. We hope to see you back with us again, even if only to eat in the Old House Restaurant.
Thank you for taking the time to express your experience.
Gabriel G.
Guest Services Manager
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

You cannot get a better hotel in a better location for Santa Fe. The staff was excellent, starting with the valet's. Great young men, very friendly and helpful. We had a great room on the 4th floor with a view of the mountains. Beds were not the best but the room was immaculate. You can walk to everything Santa Fe has to offer (shopping, historical, restaurants) within 10 minutes. My only issue was the breakfast we ate in the hotel restaurant. Their "buffet" was something to skip: very little selection, dried pastries, etc. The waiter was not seemingly very motivated or was very distracted. We had to ask for one of our entrees (and there was only three of us). All in all, skip the hotel restaurant and enjoy the ones outside the hotel. GREAT staff otherwise!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I am so pleased to hear your comments on our staff and that you were treated with great care. We strive to provide authentic hospitality in all areas of the hotel.
We are thankful for the comments on the service at our buffet. We appreciate all comments and will use your experience to ensure this does not happen again. I will share this with our management staff.
I look forward to seeing you again when you visit Santa Fe.
Regards,
Gabriel Gallegos
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stood at the Eldorado Hotel During the last week of Febuary 2014 and I must say that it was probably one of the best hotels I've stayed at in awhile. The staff (valet, front desk, door greaters) were very professional and they made me feel comfortable with their warm hospitality and speedy dedicated service. Kudos to the staff.

The rooms were very clean and I tip my hat to the cleaning crew because they were proficient in what they did. I was attending a Training that was held at the hotel (Zia Room) during my stay and would return to my room during our lunch hour....only to find my room was already cleaned and I was able to relax for that hour without any interuptions.

I have to agree with the majority of what the last three reviews stated because my experiences were similar. The Fitness center was available 24 hours and I really enjoyed that. There was plenty of room and sufficient equipment for a motel. Unfortunately the 2 eliptical machines at the far end would immediately reset if I slowed or stopped momentarily to adjust something or to grab some earbuds (that the hotel generously provided). I had to input all the workout selection, my age, weight, and workout level every time the machine restarted. I eventually worked around it but it was a bit of an inconvenience. The Universal Machine that they had was a great piece of equipment (coming from a self-proclaimed "Gym Monkey") but it had limitations due to some of the cables being frayed. I really enjoyed the accessible clean towels, free weights, and the two adjustable benches.

As for the rooms, I got a single king sized bed (no fireplace like the other review) but my room was great. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I also had a chair and couch which got used when I was doing work after the training class. They too were very comfortable. My only wish was that the TV would stay on the same channel after I shut it off. The TV would reset to a volume level of 10 (which was usually too loud for me) and the channel would reset back to a "home page". Again, a minor inconvenience that I quickly adjusted to but I think it would've been nicer if the memory was kept.

I can't comment on the on-site lounge and dining facility because I chose to walk around and "see" Santa Fe. Each evening I would go out and walk around. There were plenty of things to see and were well within walking distance. I just couldn't believe how many "transients" hovered around downtown asking for money. I didn't see that many the first two nights of my tour of the Plaza but they came in numbers as the week went on. That's not against the hotel because they can't control what happens several blocks down from them but I felt I needed to mention it as part of my experience. (FYI: None of the transients were aggressive and many seemed to be talented musicians).

I enjoyed my stay and the roof-top view of the pool /heated jacuzzi. I felt a complimentary breakfast should have been offered or atleast at a discounted price but maybe that's just be wanting to be more spoiled (or pampered). Eitherway, I let my wife know that we definitely need to consider staying at the Eldorado during our next trip to Santa Fe, NM. Kudos to all the staff thank you all for a great eperience away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write such an awesome and thorough review of your experience at the El Dorado. We always look forward to hear what we are doing well, and where we may have opportunities.
I will share your review with our staff as they too enjoy hearing that they are continually providing great service!
I certainly hope to see you and your wife stay with us in the near future.
Kindest regards,
Gabriel Gallegos
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We pulled into Santa Fe without a place to stay. After walking around the plaza area, we decided to look for a hotel. We walked into La Fonda on the Plaza and asked about a room – for $239 they had one available. Well, this was much more than I wanted to pay so we decided to look for another place. Within a few blocks, we came across the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. We were very pleased to be offered a king sized room for $139 a night!

The room was tastefully decorated with an incredibly comfortable bed.

The pool and hot tub were outside – a bit cool for us that evening but there were some people enjoying it!

We ate in the lounge and enjoyed our drinks and nachos.

They have a valet service that was a great service. We checked out in the morning but were able to keep the car at the hotel for the day while we shopped and ate lunch.

I would definitely return to the Eldorado on our next trip to Santa Fe!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Director of Rooms at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the impressive rating. I am so glad we could satisfy your needs. Thank you also for the kinds words for the valet staff, I appreciate the mention as I am sure they will also. Come back as see us soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights 2nd week of February for pleasure. Desk/Door/Concierge friendly and very welcoming. Concierge gave super restaurant recommendations, wanted French & Italian on various nights, and her suggestions were more than just spot on they were perfect. Good breakfast each morning in the restaurant off the lobby. Room was spotless and daily housekeeping service was excellent. Location perfect, it's all out the front door that you can walk to.

Unfortunately the two nights I had dinner via room service I had some issues. Super pasta dish with a cream sauce and chicken tasted wonderful, however it was just barely warm, which can happen via room service. Tasted so good I ordered it 3 days later but it too was barely warm. When I let the very polite young lady in each evening I saw her pulling the dish out of a box under a rolling table parked outside my door that had some type of flaming thing in it,so who knows what the problem was. 2nd time there wasn't a breadbasket on my tray, felt awfully high maintenance calling down asking for it, but when I did I think it was in a minute that a manager knocked on my door with the bread, and profusely apologized. That tells me they obviously train their staff with customer satisfaction in mind.

First night I enjoyed the jacuzzi on the roof. Second time i went to use it but it wasn't working heat/jets. Called down to let them know. Promptly a maintenance guy showed up. I figured I'd get in the sauna to warm up till he could fix the jacuzzi then I realized the sauna wasn't working either. When I went back to the maintenance guy to let him know he went off... "are you the one that called down to complain" " I only have 2 hands and I'm all by myself and there are...." Poor guy, but really he shouldn't have shared that much information, a simple I am working on it would have been enough. We've all been there in a similar situation.

Despite my negative comments I really enjoyed my stay and am sorry if it didn't come across that way in my review. I'd go back because they offered 3 things I have to have when I travel.....a clean room, friendly staff and the feeling they appreciated my business!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always look forward to feedback as that is what assists us with making the necessary corrections and letting us know where our strengths are.
I hope to see you back with us in the future.

Gabriel G.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!