“Superb location in the heart of it.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pre-pay and SAVE!
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Phoenix, AZ
“Superb location in the heart of it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

You cannot get a better hotel in a better location for Santa Fe. The staff was excellent, starting with the valet's. Great young men, very friendly and helpful. We had a great room on the 4th floor with a view of the mountains. Beds were not the best but the room was immaculate. You can walk to everything Santa Fe has to offer (shopping, historical, restaurants) within 10 minutes. My only issue was the breakfast we ate in the hotel restaurant. Their "buffet" was something to skip: very little selection, dried pastries, etc. The waiter was not seemingly very motivated or was very distracted. We had to ask for one of our entrees (and there was only three of us). All in all, skip the hotel restaurant and enjoy the ones outside the hotel. GREAT staff otherwise!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I am so pleased to hear your comments on our staff and that you were treated with great care. We strive to provide authentic hospitality in all areas of the hotel.
We are thankful for the comments on the service at our buffet. We appreciate all comments and will use your experience to ensure this does not happen again. I will share this with our management staff.
I look forward to seeing you again when you visit Santa Fe.
Regards,
Gabriel Gallegos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stood at the Eldorado Hotel During the last week of Febuary 2014 and I must say that it was probably one of the best hotels I've stayed at in awhile. The staff (valet, front desk, door greaters) were very professional and they made me feel comfortable with their warm hospitality and speedy dedicated service. Kudos to the staff.

The rooms were very clean and I tip my hat to the cleaning crew because they were proficient in what they did. I was attending a Training that was held at the hotel (Zia Room) during my stay and would return to my room during our lunch hour....only to find my room was already cleaned and I was able to relax for that hour without any interuptions.

I have to agree with the majority of what the last three reviews stated because my experiences were similar. The Fitness center was available 24 hours and I really enjoyed that. There was plenty of room and sufficient equipment for a motel. Unfortunately the 2 eliptical machines at the far end would immediately reset if I slowed or stopped momentarily to adjust something or to grab some earbuds (that the hotel generously provided). I had to input all the workout selection, my age, weight, and workout level every time the machine restarted. I eventually worked around it but it was a bit of an inconvenience. The Universal Machine that they had was a great piece of equipment (coming from a self-proclaimed "Gym Monkey") but it had limitations due to some of the cables being frayed. I really enjoyed the accessible clean towels, free weights, and the two adjustable benches.

As for the rooms, I got a single king sized bed (no fireplace like the other review) but my room was great. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I also had a chair and couch which got used when I was doing work after the training class. They too were very comfortable. My only wish was that the TV would stay on the same channel after I shut it off. The TV would reset to a volume level of 10 (which was usually too loud for me) and the channel would reset back to a "home page". Again, a minor inconvenience that I quickly adjusted to but I think it would've been nicer if the memory was kept.

I can't comment on the on-site lounge and dining facility because I chose to walk around and "see" Santa Fe. Each evening I would go out and walk around. There were plenty of things to see and were well within walking distance. I just couldn't believe how many "transients" hovered around downtown asking for money. I didn't see that many the first two nights of my tour of the Plaza but they came in numbers as the week went on. That's not against the hotel because they can't control what happens several blocks down from them but I felt I needed to mention it as part of my experience. (FYI: None of the transients were aggressive and many seemed to be talented musicians).

I enjoyed my stay and the roof-top view of the pool /heated jacuzzi. I felt a complimentary breakfast should have been offered or atleast at a discounted price but maybe that's just be wanting to be more spoiled (or pampered). Eitherway, I let my wife know that we definitely need to consider staying at the Eldorado during our next trip to Santa Fe, NM. Kudos to all the staff thank you all for a great eperience away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write such an awesome and thorough review of your experience at the El Dorado. We always look forward to hear what we are doing well, and where we may have opportunities.
I will share your review with our staff as they too enjoy hearing that they are continually providing great service!
I certainly hope to see you and your wife stay with us in the near future.
Kindest regards,
Gabriel Gallegos
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We pulled into Santa Fe without a place to stay. After walking around the plaza area, we decided to look for a hotel. We walked into La Fonda on the Plaza and asked about a room – for $239 they had one available. Well, this was much more than I wanted to pay so we decided to look for another place. Within a few blocks, we came across the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. We were very pleased to be offered a king sized room for $139 a night!

The room was tastefully decorated with an incredibly comfortable bed.

The pool and hot tub were outside – a bit cool for us that evening but there were some people enjoying it!

We ate in the lounge and enjoyed our drinks and nachos.

They have a valet service that was a great service. We checked out in the morning but were able to keep the car at the hotel for the day while we shopped and ate lunch.

I would definitely return to the Eldorado on our next trip to Santa Fe!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Director of Rooms at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the impressive rating. I am so glad we could satisfy your needs. Thank you also for the kinds words for the valet staff, I appreciate the mention as I am sure they will also. Come back as see us soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights 2nd week of February for pleasure. Desk/Door/Concierge friendly and very welcoming. Concierge gave super restaurant recommendations, wanted French & Italian on various nights, and her suggestions were more than just spot on they were perfect. Good breakfast each morning in the restaurant off the lobby. Room was spotless and daily housekeeping service was excellent. Location perfect, it's all out the front door that you can walk to.

Unfortunately the two nights I had dinner via room service I had some issues. Super pasta dish with a cream sauce and chicken tasted wonderful, however it was just barely warm, which can happen via room service. Tasted so good I ordered it 3 days later but it too was barely warm. When I let the very polite young lady in each evening I saw her pulling the dish out of a box under a rolling table parked outside my door that had some type of flaming thing in it,so who knows what the problem was. 2nd time there wasn't a breadbasket on my tray, felt awfully high maintenance calling down asking for it, but when I did I think it was in a minute that a manager knocked on my door with the bread, and profusely apologized. That tells me they obviously train their staff with customer satisfaction in mind.

First night I enjoyed the jacuzzi on the roof. Second time i went to use it but it wasn't working heat/jets. Called down to let them know. Promptly a maintenance guy showed up. I figured I'd get in the sauna to warm up till he could fix the jacuzzi then I realized the sauna wasn't working either. When I went back to the maintenance guy to let him know he went off... "are you the one that called down to complain" " I only have 2 hands and I'm all by myself and there are...." Poor guy, but really he shouldn't have shared that much information, a simple I am working on it would have been enough. We've all been there in a similar situation.

Despite my negative comments I really enjoyed my stay and am sorry if it didn't come across that way in my review. I'd go back because they offered 3 things I have to have when I travel.....a clean room, friendly staff and the feeling they appreciated my business!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always look forward to feedback as that is what assists us with making the necessary corrections and letting us know where our strengths are.
I hope to see you back with us in the future.

Gabriel G.
Belmont, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 20th anniversary in Santa Fe, NM. We visit Santa Fe frequently and we have stayed at the Eldorado Hotel before . . . but not since it has been refurbished. It is a gorgeous property staffed with the friendliest, most-helpful employees ever!

We arrived early but our room was ready and we were checked in quickly. We requested a room with a fireplace and the room was quite large and very nice. We were happy to see two club chairs in the room -- so much more comfortable than having to sit on the bed all the time. The bathroom was large as was the shower. The room had a very nice view and a small terrace with a table and chairs. I want to mention two things which really made this room nice: two luggage racks (most people or a couple have two suitcases and it's nice to put them both on a luggage rack; and both a light drape and a heavy drape. The light drape is very nice for letting in some light during the day and the heavy drape totally blacks out the room for good sleeping. Very, very nice.

The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The bed did not have a reusable bedspread or cover on it which I appreciate very much. I like the idea of all of the linens being clean and fresh and just for me. I would even rather they didn't put the decorative pillows on the clean linens. Just a suggestion.

We had a fire three of the nights we were there and we really enjoyed them. The Eldorado requires a bellman light the fire for safety reasons. Our fires were lit quite soon after we requested it so that was nice.

We worked out in the hotel gym twice and it is very nicely equipped. We used the ellipetical machines and the treadmills and my husband did some weight work. Loved the individual TVs. I was unhappy that I didn't bring my headphones with me but no worries -- the hotel provided earbuds!!!

I visited the spa twice and it was great. I reviewed the Nidah Spa separately. We also had a fabulous dinner at The Old House restaurant and I reviewed it separately too.

The hotel exceeded our expectations and it is only made better by an excellent staff!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Director of Rooms at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such as special occasion. It looks as though you had an awesome time. Thank you such great comments.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Bought a gift certificate at a silent auction Eldorado was supporting, and used it for Romantic Valentines evening. Great spa treatments, nice dinner in Agave lounge, and nice large room. Ask for the king suite w/balcony looking east for a great view of Santa Fe.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Director of Rooms at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am delighted to know that we made everything so special for your Valentine weekend. I know it is a critical and important holiday for many. Thank you so much for expressing your satisfaction to others to see.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Over the years, we have stayed at most of the hotels in Santa Fe; however, this was our first stay at the El Dorado, and it was a very satisfying experience. The high point was our dinner at The Old House. I had ahi tuna followed by scallops and my wife had tortilla soup and a filet. We have lived all over the world, and this was one of the best dinners we have had anywhere, anytime. Chef Evan Dougherty is world class. The wine list is also excellent with considerable variety and good price points. We enjoyed a glass of chardonnay from Languedoc followed by a bottle of red wine from the Abruzzi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sure that Chef Doughty will be flattered to hear about your time at Old House. It is with great pride that we operate the hotel and restaurant and are so happy to see it pays off.