“The Eldorado Hotel - Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cypress, Texas
“The Eldorado Hotel - Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

First of all, I was able to get a special as our visit was after labor day. It was still expensive, but not as much as it usually is. Check-in and check-out were very good. The flavored water in the lobby was always welcomed. Our room was clean and bedding comfortable. I only ate breakfast in the hotel and it was great. The rate for parking a car there is expensive ($24 a day) even if you are a guest. We didn't rent a car for this reason as we flew into the Sante Fe Airport.
We did lounge on the roof next to the pool and hot top and it was a nice afternoon, but really only a token amenity. The coffee service (free) in the early early morning was wonderful as we had two early departures, one for ballooning and one for departure.
Due to the location, we walked everywhere including Canyon Road, Garcia's books, State Capitol and Kaune's grocery store.

Room Tip: Try for a special rate....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We are truly lucky to be in the location that we are in and we are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon in Santa Fe!

~Ian Robert McClendon
Director of Rooms
imcclendon@eldoradohotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staff pays attention. In May, I stayed at the Eldorado and had to cut my vacation short because I was notified that my mom was critically ill. The staff was very supportive and sent flowers to my room. They also refunded my 2 nights that I had prepaid (I didn't have to ask). I went back in September and they remembered me and gave me an upgrade after inquiring about my mom who had passed away that weekend after my first stay. Needless to say, I will go back again, and it isn't a short trip from CT!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room. An upgrade would give you a fireplace and balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice hotel, very clean and comfortable but modest room, the staff were all kind and gracious. We decided to order room service (chicken enchilada) it was pretty but we were both disappointed and both agreed it didn't "sit well"...oh well on the room service meal. Many great restaurants within walking distance...so if you stay at the Eldorado...I would recommend go out for dinner.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well- located and nice rooms-all the amenities-good service and situated in the heart of Santa Fe-best is the Opera Shuttle picks up right in front of the hotel which we appreciate for our opera nights

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room on a hight floor in the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just spent one night this time (spent a week last year)as we were passing through Santa Fe. Our room was clean & comfortable. The best part was the smiling service from the bellboys to the waiters in the dining room. Everyone was extremely accomodating & kept asking if they could do more. When they found out it was my birthday they surprised us with champagne, nuts & chocolates in our room before dinner. When we returned to our room after dinner they had lit candles & a beautiful bouquet of roses waiting for us. They could not have been kinder to two weary travelers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dothan, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Not sure why AAA rates this hotel a 4-Star. The hotel itself is dated, period! Service from the staff was appropriate for our needs. The location is very close to the Square but not on it, so noise wasn't a concern. The salt water pool is more like a lap pool and is roof top. My trip to the Spa was very nice and easy to get a last minute treatment appointment. The sauna was extra warm and old. I will say that my massage treatment was perhaps the best I've every had, so I was very happy with that! We had requested a king room, but two double beds was what we got....not happy. On top of this, the beds were not comfortable. They had pillow tops over the mattresses but they were very uncomfortable and didn't stay "put". I don't understand why hotels can't purchase/use fitted sheets that fit the mattress!!! I'm not sure we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for a girlfriend trip to Santa Fe, and while we had a great time, I was disappointed with what I thought would be a luxury resort and spa. Yes the hotel is beautiful but inconsistent service, areas that could have been cleaner and limited facilities really impact the quality of this place.
First I'll comment on the facilities - while there are some beautiful spaces and great pieces of art in this hotel there is a very small pool and jacuzzi, and the woman's steam room is worn, and not so kept up. These are not qualities of a luxury hotel. Speaking of cleanliness, the carpet in many areas needs attention - I think the hotel is pet friendly (we heard dogs) but my friend is allergic so had we known we would have asked for a dog free room or floor.
The young staff were very pleasant and attentive but there just was not enough person-power to get good service. It was raining when we arrived and we had to wait a long time for the valet, plus no one helped with the luggage. The young man was so kind, but he seemed to be the only one out there.
The SPA services were good and the staff were attentive, but because the pool is on a different floor, there is no real place to relax and enjoy. We had a great meal at the restaurant the first night and got good recommendations for dinner our second night. The location is good, very close to the plaza but not right on it.
Overall it was a good stay, but not great. We look forward to our annual SPA trips each year, and this one didn't quite compare with our previous trips. This hotel could be fabulous but fell a little short.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!