“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location for walking around the old plaza in Santa Fe. Great bar in the hotel for cocktails and appetizers. Within walking distance of the old Plaza as well as Railyard section.

Skip the spa which is very nice but very over-priced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity and pleasure of staying at this incredible hotel.The accommodations were excellent and the staff was both professional and courteous. The concierge was wonderful. She went out of her way to ensure that my stay was fantastic. In passing I mentioned that I was retiring this month. I returned to my room to discover a platter with chocolate covered strawberries and two bottles of exquisite mineral water. Included was a personalized heartfelt note congratulating and thanking me for my many years of service as a teacher. I was touched by the thoughtfulness of the gesture. I can assure anyone that you will be pleased with " Eldorado" and it's staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were here for a conference and had a room on the second floor which was convenient but the view was lacking.
Service was excellent in every way during our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful.
I liked this hotel and the location is great. There are a few things that I wish were different.
These are picky but here I go:
Towels-these were seriously lame. For a resort hotel they can do better.
Coffee- the room coffee was swill to begin with and then they ran out of regular coffee for the rest of the week. The maids were very helpful scavenging coffee from the checked out rooms that had extra. This is unacceptable for a resort.
AC- Good Lord I have NEVER been so hot at night in my life and I am not a person that loves the chillzone. I could not cool that room down at night no matter what I put that thermostat on. Nights were not pleasant as we were in a heat wave that week.
Pool- Ha, ha. I wasn't there for the pool but I had to laugh when I saw it. Reminds me of the endless lap pools as far as size. Max capacity is 11 people. I just made sure there were no kids when I when up there because the area is so tiny.
Good things: location, cleanliness, staff, valet parking, complimentary apples and water in the lobby, beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado for two nights on a cross country roadtrip in January. It was a beautiful hotel, though I must say that the service was lacking. From the moment we arrived, the people at the front desk were not welcoming and it often took awhile to get the attention of someone. That was disappointing... but the room itself was lovely. It was very roomy and nicely decorated. The bed was great. The bathroom could have used some updating, but was nice and clean. As for location, it was a great location. We opted to drive most places, because it was freezing while we were there (which says a lot... considering we are from the northeast). If the service was better (which could just be the people that were on duty while we were there), I would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. It truly saddens me to hear that our service was lacking. This is something that we pride ourselves on and I will make sure to review this with our staff today and moving forward. I appreciate your honest feedback and without it, we cannot improve. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Fordyce, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed with three other couples at El Dorado in connection with a medical conference. The hotel is very conveniently located, just two blocks from the Plaza and easy walking distance from the restaurants and galleries on Canyon Road. While there, we experienced no major problems, but several minor issues preclude me from considering this a five star property.

When booking the trip, we were assured that our group would be housed in adjacent rooms. At checkin, we were not even placed on the same floor. When checking out, we were charged a rate higher than promised when booked. The tissue box in our room was empty, as was the note pad. The water disappeared for about 30 seconds during one of my showers. The wi-fi speed and coverage was very bad, though complimentary.

None of these issues would I consider major. The room we had, a junior suite, was very comfortable. Complimentary water in the lobby was a nice touch and the spa was nice, if not spectacular. All in all, the hotel was perfectly acceptable and the location trumped any deficiencies cited above.

Room Tip: The junior suites are very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our property. It seems that we have some work to do with a couple issues, and I will make sure to bring these to the attention of our staff today. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you back in Santa Fe very soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to go to Santa Fe for the weekend. We had not stayed at the Eldorado before and were so happy with all aspects of our stay.From the valet who greeted us to the check out on Sunday, everything went well. We had a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant on our first night. The location is perfect, far enough from the square to not be in the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to everything.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
we are glad that your last minute vacation took you to our beautiful property! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope you make plans to visit us again soon!

Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything was as expected from a hotel of this caliber. Just a short walk from the square and great restaurants. Nice decor, expansive lobby area was a welcome and inviting space for meeting with friends and colleagues. We had a conference rate of $189. I wouldn't be inclined to pay more than that. But that's just me. :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property! It seems that we have missed the mark with exceeding your expectations, and we will be reviewing your visit with our staff to see if there were missed opportunities. We are glad that your conference experience was successful and we hope to see you again very soon in Santa Fe!

imcclendon@eldoradohotel.com

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!