“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
KY
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were here for a conference and had a room on the second floor which was convenient but the view was lacking.
Service was excellent in every way during our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful.
I liked this hotel and the location is great. There are a few things that I wish were different.
These are picky but here I go:
Towels-these were seriously lame. For a resort hotel they can do better.
Coffee- the room coffee was swill to begin with and then they ran out of regular coffee for the rest of the week. The maids were very helpful scavenging coffee from the checked out rooms that had extra. This is unacceptable for a resort.
AC- Good Lord I have NEVER been so hot at night in my life and I am not a person that loves the chillzone. I could not cool that room down at night no matter what I put that thermostat on. Nights were not pleasant as we were in a heat wave that week.
Pool- Ha, ha. I wasn't there for the pool but I had to laugh when I saw it. Reminds me of the endless lap pools as far as size. Max capacity is 11 people. I just made sure there were no kids when I when up there because the area is so tiny.
Good things: location, cleanliness, staff, valet parking, complimentary apples and water in the lobby, beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado for two nights on a cross country roadtrip in January. It was a beautiful hotel, though I must say that the service was lacking. From the moment we arrived, the people at the front desk were not welcoming and it often took awhile to get the attention of someone. That was disappointing... but the room itself was lovely. It was very roomy and nicely decorated. The bed was great. The bathroom could have used some updating, but was nice and clean. As for location, it was a great location. We opted to drive most places, because it was freezing while we were there (which says a lot... considering we are from the northeast). If the service was better (which could just be the people that were on duty while we were there), I would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. It truly saddens me to hear that our service was lacking. This is something that we pride ourselves on and I will make sure to review this with our staff today and moving forward. I appreciate your honest feedback and without it, we cannot improve. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Fordyce, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed with three other couples at El Dorado in connection with a medical conference. The hotel is very conveniently located, just two blocks from the Plaza and easy walking distance from the restaurants and galleries on Canyon Road. While there, we experienced no major problems, but several minor issues preclude me from considering this a five star property.

When booking the trip, we were assured that our group would be housed in adjacent rooms. At checkin, we were not even placed on the same floor. When checking out, we were charged a rate higher than promised when booked. The tissue box in our room was empty, as was the note pad. The water disappeared for about 30 seconds during one of my showers. The wi-fi speed and coverage was very bad, though complimentary.

None of these issues would I consider major. The room we had, a junior suite, was very comfortable. Complimentary water in the lobby was a nice touch and the spa was nice, if not spectacular. All in all, the hotel was perfectly acceptable and the location trumped any deficiencies cited above.

Room Tip: The junior suites are very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our property. It seems that we have some work to do with a couple issues, and I will make sure to bring these to the attention of our staff today. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you back in Santa Fe very soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to go to Santa Fe for the weekend. We had not stayed at the Eldorado before and were so happy with all aspects of our stay.From the valet who greeted us to the check out on Sunday, everything went well. We had a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant on our first night. The location is perfect, far enough from the square to not be in the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to everything.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
we are glad that your last minute vacation took you to our beautiful property! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope you make plans to visit us again soon!

Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything was as expected from a hotel of this caliber. Just a short walk from the square and great restaurants. Nice decor, expansive lobby area was a welcome and inviting space for meeting with friends and colleagues. We had a conference rate of $189. I wouldn't be inclined to pay more than that. But that's just me. :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property! It seems that we have missed the mark with exceeding your expectations, and we will be reviewing your visit with our staff to see if there were missed opportunities. We are glad that your conference experience was successful and we hope to see you again very soon in Santa Fe!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado for a week and we really enjoyed our stay. It is centrally located and though we did not rent a car, we were able to walk to most sites. The room was very comfortable and clean. Having hot water boiler for tea and coffee in the room was great and they promptly brought us a microwave for popcorn. The ice water with lemons in the lobby was a wonderful treat after returning from a long day of site-seeing. The staff was friendly and attentive too. The pool is small but it was never a problem since we were usually the only ones in it. I would definitely recommend the Eldorado!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! we are thrilled that you had a nice time while staying with us and I will make sure that we pass on your compliments to our staff. Our pool is small, but it is a saltwater pool and open for use 365 days a year! we are also making a lot of changes with the furniture and decorations around the pool...it will be better than ever very soon! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in Santa Fe very soon.

San Diego, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just spent three nights here and we were surprised at how poorly the air conditioning was working in the hotel. We had our AC set as low as it would go and our room was never lower than 78. It also smells musty throughout the hotel.
The bed was really saggy and to try to mask that they had a memory foam topper on the bed. Both my husband and I had a sore back after the stay.
The pool and spa are tiny, almost ridiculous for the size of the hotel. The spa seats three and the pool 11.
The room was clean and a good size and the staff were nice to deal with.
Next time in Santa Fe I will stay at the Inn at Loretto, By far leagues ahead of this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel for a good bed. I can't recommend better than that.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ian M, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am so sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We are working on a couple of your issues which include the pool and the beds. We just completed a mattress installation and we are gearing up for another 50+ rooms. I am sorry we did not have this completed during your stay, but hopefully you will be willing to give us another try and we can show you how amazing a property we truly are. We also are in the processes of revamping our pool area. We do have a small pool, but we are doing everything we can to enhance the space that we have. New furniture, new greenery, music, etc. The Inn and Spa at Loretto is a wonderful property also, but I do hope you give us another chance so we can show you how great of a property we are. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we hope we see you in Santa Fe
imcclendon@eldoradohotel.com

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!