“Charming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Kansas City, Missouri
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in Santa Fe for a conference and brought my family along. The Eldorado was conveniently located enabling us to walk for sightseeing and dining. The service was outstanding, the decor beautiful and the hotel spacious. Semi-private public spaces on each floor perfect for playing cards! Unfortunately, the pool was teeny with only six lounge chairs, which limited entertainment options for our children while I was at work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear 4DMan,

I want to thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate that your family had the opportunity to utilize our facilities while you were in conference. We indeed appreciate your very kind comments regarding our facility.

I do apologize that we have a smaller pool. The unfortunate part is we are constrained by the size of our lot so the roof was the best option in order to have this amenity.

We do hope that you will return in the very near future as it was our pleasure to be at your service.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff went overboard on being attentive, pleasant, helpful. They followed up on every request. The lobby and reception room felt like an upscale gallery of original art. The Spa was absolute elegance...a luxurious experience. Loved the central hotel location...our Eldorado vacation couldn't have been better.
Carol Fell

Room Tip: If the weather is great, as for a room with a balcony...ours was as large as a soccer field.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Carolef122,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. All of us at the Hotel are thrilled we were able to make your vacation a memorable occasion.

It was indeed exciting to see that you had an opportunity to try out our facilities and they surpased your expectations as our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

We do hope you will be able to join us again in the very near future as it will be an honor to be at your service.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i was surprised at how accommodating all the staff was. In my extensive travels - the best experience I have ever had compared to any hotel even against higher ranking hotels. From check in to check out from valet to front desk, dining, room service was excellent. Would recommend highly and look forward to returning. I have never taken the time or felt the need in all of my travels to ever stop and or write a review--BUT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED FROM ALL LEVELS OF INTERACTION AT A STAY IN A HOTEL AN OVERALL EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE..Will return to visit and have recommended to all my friends out here in the Great Lakes area..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Kathy P,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. All of us at the Hotel were touched by your comments as it shows we did indeed provide you with a memorable experience.

It was our pleasure to be at your service during your stay, and we hope that you will have an occasion in the very near future to join us again. Our goal to you is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe and if we can be of any further service do please contact the Hotel directly.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado for three nights in March, and both staff and facilities were excellent. Our quiet, attractive room had stunning views north towards the mountains, and a lovely balcony and fireplace. Great place to get a few hours of work done, with efficient free wifi, speedy and inobtrusive room service (the food was great), and a well-equipped fitness facility.The location near the Plaza is perfect. We are returning in May for a conference at the Eldorado, and looking forward to seeing our gracious hosts again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Frances H,

I am thrilled that the time you spent with us was memorable. Also I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the Hotel for your very kind comments. It will be my pleasure to share these with the staff as they are what make the difference.

I can't tell you how happy we are that you will be joining us again in the very near future as it will definitely be our pleasure to be at your service. Remember our goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe, and to that end if we can be of any further assistance please do contact the Hotel directly.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Eldorado for a conference and, because I travelled to Santa Fe directly from my vacation, brought my two Golden Retrievers with me. I can't say enough about the great time we had! The hotel is a classic -- one of Santa Fe's best. It is well-located, close to the city's nicest shops, galleries and restaurants, and the service is outstanding. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone, from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the valets. I didn't have the opportunity to visit the hotel's restaurant or spa, but I understand from others that they are first rate. I wanted to commend the hotel, in particular, for having the most progressive pet policy of any hotel I have visited with my dogs (and there have been many of them). The Eldorado allows dogs to remain unattended in the rooms, as long as they are well-behaved and the front desk is advised. All in all, one of my favourite hotels in any city and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Fe!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear BCTrouthHound,

We greatly appreciate your being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to have your pets be our guest while you spent time at your conference. I can not tell you how thrilled I was to read all of your incredible comments as I will have the opportunity to share those with our staff members.

Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. I greatly appreciate we were able to provide you with outstanding service. Please do come back soon and often as we will look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you and your pets.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I were attending a charity function at the hotel and decided to make it a weekend in Santa Fe. The hotel was excellent and our room was great. The staff was outstanding and set the property apart from others. Our meals at the hotel (dinner and breakfast) were very nice and the service was superb. Only negative was parking fee; parking was on site but they require you to use their valet service for $24.00/day. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear ManyMiles6410,

We are indeed greatful that we had the opportunity for you to be our guest, and share your thoughts with TripAdvisor. I ams so glad you had such a wondful time at the charity event and had the opportunity to see and experience the different venues within the Hotel. It will be my pleasure to share your very kind comments with our staff.

Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I am pleased to see that we provided this for you.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have never been treated so well by any other hotel or resort. I arrived in Santa Fe at 7pm and I had a reservation at the Hilton property across the street from the Eldorado. The Hilton informed me that they over booked and I had a room waiting for me at their sister property, the Eldorado Hotel and Spa (the Hilton is another review). I drove over to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa, went inside and presented the document that was given to me by the Hilton and the Eldorado did not have any reservations for me. However, they put me in a room and saw that I was only staying for the weekend, so asked if I wanted to just stay at their hotel versus unpacking and packing and moving. I asked them if they could work it out with the Hilton for the same rate and they said they would work on it. I went to my room, thought about the situation and went back to the lobby to see what kind of progress they made with the Hilton and they got the Hilton to release my credit card and cancel my reservation, pay for my inconvenience and extended my stay with them for the same rate. The front desk associate also noticed there were 4 of us girls total. They upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost. Then, Saturday, I found out we were expecting a blizzard at home and I was advised to leave Saturday versus Sunday. At 6pm, I called the front desk and explained to them what was happening and that I have to cut my trip short. They did not charge us for Saturday, even though we were in the room until 6pm, they waived our charge. This hotel went above and beyond any hotel I have ever been in. I would recommend them to all and will always return there when I visit Santa Fe, even if they are a bit more pricier than I would pay. They have earned my loyalty. Wish we had more good companies like this in the world.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Melanie C,

I would like to thank you for being our guest during your recent stay in Santa Fe. We as a property can not thank you enough for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. It was indeed our honor to be able to step in during what was a difficult situation with another property to make it right for you. Our goal to all guests is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. I am indeed pleased that we have been able to win your confidence.

If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesistate to call or email as it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!