“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Eldorado for three nights in March, and both staff and facilities were excellent. Our quiet, attractive room had stunning views north towards the mountains, and a lovely balcony and fireplace. Great place to get a few hours of work done, with efficient free wifi, speedy and inobtrusive room service (the food was great), and a well-equipped fitness facility.The location near the Plaza is perfect. We are returning in May for a conference at the Eldorado, and looking forward to seeing our gracious hosts again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Frances H,

I am thrilled that the time you spent with us was memorable. Also I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the Hotel for your very kind comments. It will be my pleasure to share these with the staff as they are what make the difference.

I can't tell you how happy we are that you will be joining us again in the very near future as it will definitely be our pleasure to be at your service. Remember our goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe, and to that end if we can be of any further assistance please do contact the Hotel directly.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Eldorado for a conference and, because I travelled to Santa Fe directly from my vacation, brought my two Golden Retrievers with me. I can't say enough about the great time we had! The hotel is a classic -- one of Santa Fe's best. It is well-located, close to the city's nicest shops, galleries and restaurants, and the service is outstanding. We were made to feel very welcome by everyone, from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the valets. I didn't have the opportunity to visit the hotel's restaurant or spa, but I understand from others that they are first rate. I wanted to commend the hotel, in particular, for having the most progressive pet policy of any hotel I have visited with my dogs (and there have been many of them). The Eldorado allows dogs to remain unattended in the rooms, as long as they are well-behaved and the front desk is advised. All in all, one of my favourite hotels in any city and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Fe!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear BCTrouthHound,

We greatly appreciate your being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to have your pets be our guest while you spent time at your conference. I can not tell you how thrilled I was to read all of your incredible comments as I will have the opportunity to share those with our staff members.

Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. I greatly appreciate we were able to provide you with outstanding service. Please do come back soon and often as we will look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you and your pets.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I were attending a charity function at the hotel and decided to make it a weekend in Santa Fe. The hotel was excellent and our room was great. The staff was outstanding and set the property apart from others. Our meals at the hotel (dinner and breakfast) were very nice and the service was superb. Only negative was parking fee; parking was on site but they require you to use their valet service for $24.00/day. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear ManyMiles6410,

We are indeed greatful that we had the opportunity for you to be our guest, and share your thoughts with TripAdvisor. I ams so glad you had such a wondful time at the charity event and had the opportunity to see and experience the different venues within the Hotel. It will be my pleasure to share your very kind comments with our staff.

Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I am pleased to see that we provided this for you.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have never been treated so well by any other hotel or resort. I arrived in Santa Fe at 7pm and I had a reservation at the Hilton property across the street from the Eldorado. The Hilton informed me that they over booked and I had a room waiting for me at their sister property, the Eldorado Hotel and Spa (the Hilton is another review). I drove over to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa, went inside and presented the document that was given to me by the Hilton and the Eldorado did not have any reservations for me. However, they put me in a room and saw that I was only staying for the weekend, so asked if I wanted to just stay at their hotel versus unpacking and packing and moving. I asked them if they could work it out with the Hilton for the same rate and they said they would work on it. I went to my room, thought about the situation and went back to the lobby to see what kind of progress they made with the Hilton and they got the Hilton to release my credit card and cancel my reservation, pay for my inconvenience and extended my stay with them for the same rate. The front desk associate also noticed there were 4 of us girls total. They upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost. Then, Saturday, I found out we were expecting a blizzard at home and I was advised to leave Saturday versus Sunday. At 6pm, I called the front desk and explained to them what was happening and that I have to cut my trip short. They did not charge us for Saturday, even though we were in the room until 6pm, they waived our charge. This hotel went above and beyond any hotel I have ever been in. I would recommend them to all and will always return there when I visit Santa Fe, even if they are a bit more pricier than I would pay. They have earned my loyalty. Wish we had more good companies like this in the world.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Melanie C,

I would like to thank you for being our guest during your recent stay in Santa Fe. We as a property can not thank you enough for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. It was indeed our honor to be able to step in during what was a difficult situation with another property to make it right for you. Our goal to all guests is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. I am indeed pleased that we have been able to win your confidence.

If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesistate to call or email as it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is lovely. It is very convenient to all of the wonderful things to see and do in the historic district of Santa Fe. After checking in, I needed to take care of a bit of business. Try as I might, I could not connect to the hotel's wifi on either my laptop or my iPad. I am very tech savvy and rarely have problems connecting. I suspected it was because my room was at the very end of the hotel far away from the lobby and probably equally far away from the nearest router. While fooling around trying to get online, I noticed that the air conditioning was making a knocking sound whenever it came on. After 30 minutes or so, I called the front desk and spoke with Darlene who immediately found me another room and offered to send a bellman up to help me move and bring me new keys. Darlene didn't hesitate to make the situation right. Everyone at the front desk I encountered was professional, courteous and helpful. The next morning, I ordered room service. Although I was told it might take 30 minutes, within 10 minutes a lovely young woman was at the door bearing my tray. She too was professional and very pleasant. The breakfast was tasty and reasonably priced for room service. My only quibble was the $24 a night parking fee. I have paid less to park in NYC so being hit with a $24 fee for parking seemed a bit much. I didn't see the fee mentioned on the website, which I am pretty careful about checking and filtering into my decision because rather than the what a deal room I thought I was getting from hotels.com, I ended up with a room that was pricier than I would have liked. Please put the fee on your website so that people can filter that into their decision. Otherwise the stay was lovely. Thanks!

Room Tip: If you need internet connections, ask for a room closer to the elevators. Room 272 was a non-starte...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Cynthgso,

Thank you very much for being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I regret that your first room had issues as our goal is to make your guest stay error free. I am definitely pleased that Darlene was able to accommodate you quickly so that we could find an appropriate room that was satisfying. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to make the guest stay a memorable one and your comments are a direct reflection of this. It will indeed be my pleasure to share your comments with the staff members as they are our greatest asset.

We do hope that you will have an opportunity to be our guest again in the very near future and if we can be of any further service, please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at Eldorado unepxectedly, when a snow storm stopped my rpad trip from ABQ to Los Alamos. The staff there treated me very warmly and provided an excellent rate. My room was large and well-appointed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Cerenkov,

I want to take this opportunity to personally thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you were able to be with us do to the unfortunate weather and hope that it did not create to many issues in your busy schedule. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff as they will be very appreciative.

All of us at the Eldorado do hope you will have the opportunity to be our guest again in the very near future. To that end if we can be of any further assistance please call the Hotel as it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Graham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I took a birthday trip to Santa Fe in February and really enjoyed staying at the Eldorado- staff was so nice, the spa was incredible!! Only ate one meal in the restaurant, Old House, but very good and I was treated to a wonderful birthday treat!!! would definitely go back- so close to everything downtown Santa Fe- in walking distance to all the galleries and shops- definitely a nice place!!

Room Tip: we stayed in a room with a view of the mountains on one of the top floors, fireplace and balcony, li...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Marshone,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It was a thrill to read that as a first time guest of our Hotel your stay had so many memorable moments. I also wanted to point out how much we do indeed appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

If we can be of any further service please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!