“Nice place, free Internet BUT parking is a hassle” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
New Mexico
“Nice place, free Internet BUT parking is a hassle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Enjoyed a quick trip to Santa Fe to attend the NM legistlature. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Room service and valet were outstanding. My complaint is with the $24.00 parking charge. Really not that close to downtown and we certainly didn't feel comfortable walking at night. Might stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Rookieranch,

We appreciate your being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that our room service and valet staff provided you with outstanding service, and it will be my pleasure to share your posting with them.

I do appreciate that although the parking fee may seem steep, we have refrained from charging a resort fee and still provide those items including, WIFI, Swimming Pool, Hot Tub and Exercise room free of charge. I do wish you would have brought to one of the staffs attention your concern for walking around the Santa Fe area at night as it would have definitely been our pleasure to come up with a satisfactory alternative. Our number one goal is our guests safety and security while at our property.

I look forward to your return visit and if we can be of any further assistance please contact the Hotel directly.

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent two nights there recently. A nice hotel with good rooms and comfortable bed. The restaurant in the hotel was nothing to write home about but the overall experience was pleasant. When I arrived there I found out that they were overbooked despite me having a reservation and I had to be housed at another hotel the first night in Santa Fe. That was uncool and not good for their rep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Gustatorius T,

We do appreciate your recent Trip Advisor review, but we are concerned that you may have made this review for the wrong Hotel. I am afraid that we did not walk any of our guests this week to another hotel. In fact we actually took several reservations from other Hotels that were in a booked status as a good neighbor.

We would really appreciate having you be our guest during your next trip to Santa Fe as we think our facilites are top notch and it would be a great pleasure to be at your service.

Mildenhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our room was fabulous, (although I liked our friends room better) an open fire which was lit every day when we fancied by the very lovely Daniel. He was our first point of contact when we arrived as he took our bags up from the car park. He was friendly and very helpful and we all said we would like to take him home with us. The bed was enormous and very comfortable, and the shower was awesome. We stayed for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it, the only downside is we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, and I'm sure it would have been really nice.

Room Tip: The rooms with a fireplace were well worth the extra cost, as it was jolly cold there when we went a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear FamilyTrips12,

We are indeed overjoyed that your stay at our property was such a memorable occasion. I can't thank you enough for your kind words, and pointing out Daniel as providing exceptional service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with him.

I am so sorry you did not have an opportunity to join us in the dining room, but we will keep a table open for you on your return visit.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel as it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff at the Eldorado was amazing! My girlfriend and I have stayed here a few times and really like it. This weekend was a special stay, due to the fact I was going to ask her to marry me. The staff knew this and ensured our stay was extra special. They went above and beyond to do so and we really appreciated it. We will continue to stay here when we need a break from Albuquerque!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CVigil,

What an amazing piece of news and how lucky we are to have been choosen as your destination Hotel. I am so happy for you both and we are indeed thankful for your very kind words. It will be my pleasure to share your posting with our staff as we were able to help make your stay a memorable one.

Indeed if we can ever be of any service please do contact the Hotel as it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrived in Santa Fe during the Indian Markets in 2012 and stayed at Eldorado - what a fabulous location and an exquisite hotel. While our first night was quite expensive the rates for a second night through the hotel were cheaper than on any booking site. The hotel room was large, lovely amenities, wide open spaces in the halls and lobby and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. If you go to Santa Fe stay here and spoil yourself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JillianJ08,

We greatly appreciate you took the opportunity to share your thoughts of our property on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you had the chance to be with us during Indian Market as it is such an exciting time in the city of Santa Fe.

I want to thank you as your comments were indeed very kind and it will be my pleasure to share your posting with our staff as they definitely make us special. I do hope you will keep us in mind for your next Indian Market trip as it would indeed be our pleasure to be at your service.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is very comfortable, the beds were comfortable and the staff was always helpful and kind. The food was good. Its located right near the historic plaza and is within walking distance of shops, the Native American Indian market, and more. The offered water upon arrival and the doorman was much appreciated.There is a hot tub on the roof!

Dear KathleenRN,

We greatly appreciate your recent stay with us and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We are indeed thankful for your very kind words regarding our property and are elated that you had such a great time while in Santa Fe.

We do hope you will have an opportunity to join us in the very near future as our goal is for you to think of us as your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. To that end if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that EVERYONE that works at this hotel that I came across was so nice! The door guy, the concierge, the desk staff, everyone! They have complimentary bottled water for the guests--which is fantastic for people (like me) that aren't used to the dry weather. They even have humidifiers that they can put in the rooms to help those of us from humid climates! I was so impressed!

Rooms were a great size. Beds were comfortable. Location was close to a lot of nice restaurants and the plaze. I had no complaints whatsoever.

The food at the restaurant is also very good. I had a few meals there and was very happy with everything I ate!

There's also a roof-top pool and hot tub!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear PandoraTX,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It will be my great pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff as it shows we did indeed help to make this a memorable occasion. I greatly appreciate this as our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to have you be our guest again in the very near future, and to that end if we can be of any further assistance please do contact the Hotel directly.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!