“Awesome place to stay, great location, wonderful staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pre-pay and SAVE!
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Houston, Texas
“Awesome place to stay, great location, wonderful staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that EVERYONE that works at this hotel that I came across was so nice! The door guy, the concierge, the desk staff, everyone! They have complimentary bottled water for the guests--which is fantastic for people (like me) that aren't used to the dry weather. They even have humidifiers that they can put in the rooms to help those of us from humid climates! I was so impressed!

Rooms were a great size. Beds were comfortable. Location was close to a lot of nice restaurants and the plaze. I had no complaints whatsoever.

The food at the restaurant is also very good. I had a few meals there and was very happy with everything I ate!

There's also a roof-top pool and hot tub!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear PandoraTX,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It will be my great pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff as it shows we did indeed help to make this a memorable occasion. I greatly appreciate this as our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to have you be our guest again in the very near future, and to that end if we can be of any further assistance please do contact the Hotel directly.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff went above and beyond during our stay. My husband had a migraine during our stay and went to the room to take a nap,but the noise from the renovation above us was echoing in our room. After a quick call to the front office, the Assistant Mgr came with a new room key and assisted with transferring our luggage,etc..to the new room!! We can't wait to return to Santa Fe!!

• Stayed November 2012
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Jackie W,

We are indeed greatful that you choose to stay with us on your recent trip to Santa Fe. I am so sorry that your first room was noisy from the remodeling taking place next door, but am happy that we handled the correction to this problem in such a timely manner. I will be sure and thank Mr. Kallias for addressing the issue.

We do hope that you find yourself in Santa Fe in the very near future as it would be our honor to be your hosts. With that said if we can ever be of any assistance please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel as our motto is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

It was a pleasure to be at your service.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been a regular guest at the Eldorado Hotel for 19 years. I continue staying at this property because of the courteous, attentive and phenomenal staff. Not sure how many general managers have come and gone in the 19 years, but the staff is great. The rooms with a fireplace and patio are the best, but for a weekend splurge on a suite. The Agave lounge since the remolding is a happening place, vibrant and has excellent happy hour bites. The food and service in the Old House is stellar. In the winter, reserve the table near the burning fireplace.

Room Tip: The rooms with a fireplace and patio are the best, but for a weekend splurge on a suite.
Dear GLaca,

We are indeed the lucky ones to have had you as our honored guest for the past 19 year. Also I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and our facilities. We are indeed very proud of both as without great people and a respected product, we would be just another building.

It will indeed be our pleasure to have your return visit in the very near future, and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly.

Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great resort and spa centrally located in the beautiful downtown Santa Fe Plaza area. Wonderful staff very accomdating and anticipates needs prior to one needing to ask! Old House restaurant is a must, the food and service are both exceptional. Love the agave lounge ambience it the best in Santa Fe and you must try one of the jalapeno margarita along with light bites and plates from the bar menu. Think we ate one of everthing on the menu and they were all outrageous. One night felt like just hanging in the room after a busy day ordered room service built a fire and enjoy a cold brisk night in the high desert! Splurge and get a room with a fireplace and visit the spa during your visit. Thanks for making our stay special and my husband's birthday very special!
Thanks to all !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Decurti,

I can't say thank you enough for your wonderful Trip Advisor comments. We are so pleased that your stay with us was such a memorable occasion. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff as without them we would be just another building.

We so look forward to your return visit and if we can be of any further assistance, do please contact the Hotel directly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent room, specious rooms, very nice staff and great value of money..I went to Santa Fe last week for a meeting and stayed at Eldardo for 4 nights and I loved this hotel. I ejoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: The front desk staff was so nice...just tell them about your need and they try to do whatever they c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Udaipan,

We are delighted that you had an opportunity to be our recent guest. I can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding our property and staff. Our motto is completed guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I am pleased that we have in some small way made your trip to Santa Fe a memorable one.

If we can be of any further assistance to you please do contact the hotel as it would be our please to be at your service.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

So, I am not prone to raving about hotels...but El Dorado was worth raving about.
I ended up at El Dorado after a verbal recommendation from a local for a four-day stay.
The hotel's rooms were gorgeous. The location was unbeatable...walking distance from all the hot spots in downtown Santa Fe.
But the most exceptional thing was the staff, who deserve to be raved about. I had no guide book with me, but having a full-time concierge (the remarkably polite and organized Dachelle) meant there was detailed info I never would have known about if not for her.
The front desk staff was also unbelievably kind and welcoming throughout my stay, to the point where one got me triple A batteries from maintenance staff and another helped me get a ride to a local hot yoga studio to take a class. (Paymon, Darlene, Samantha and company...you rock)

I booked a massage at the spa with Keith, a gentle, soft-spoken man who gave me lots of insight into modern Santa Fe. A splurge, but TOTALLY worth it.

The hotel, on its own, was fab. But the staff made the experience truly exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to others who are looking for a haven in Santa Fe while they explore the city. Way to go. Superb.
Gabrielle from Canada

Room Tip: I would pick a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gabrielle G.

It was our distinct pleasure to have you as our recent guest, and I am thrilled that your stay was such an enjoyable one. Your comments regarding the staff from Front Desk and Spa is greatly appreciated and kudo's will be passed on to each of them for a job well done.

Our goal to you Gabrielle is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. To that end if we can be of any further assistance in the future, it would be our pleasure to be at your service.

Mt Vernon, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Eldorado during a conference that was held here. I was originally booked at La Fonda, attracted by the renovation rate and positive reviews, and after being incredibly uncomfortable for one night in a dirty, noisy room I moved here. What a haven! When traveling for business one needs a respite - a good night's sleep and a comfortable place to work and rest. The Eldorado offered all of this. While it does not have as much New Mexico character as the brightly tiled and painted La Fonda, there was plenty of subdued Santa Fe style to be found. My room was very large, very clean and comfortable. The bedding was very soft with wonderful pillows, large soft towels, and a comfortable desk or couch to get work done. The exercise room on the top floor afforded a great view, but if you wanted instead there is also a TV in front of each machine (bring headphones). Small rooftop pool and hot tub with lovely view. Close to everything. The staff were excellent, from keeping luggage after checkout to providing an umbrella during an unexpected downpour. The rate was quite reasonable for the very high quality of this hotel. And I cannot imagine why La Fonda is rated more highly as a "luxury" hotel than Eldorado, as the Eldorado exudes luxury and there was none whatsoever to be found at La Fonda (at least until they finish renovating). Conference facilities were very comfortable. The hotel restaurant and bar were excellent as well. Overall, I had a great, restful experience here (and didn't even get to the spa!). Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear IswDosma,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest and responding to Trip Advisor. Indeed how lucky we are that you found us and we had the chance to make your stay and enjoyable one. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and we do hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Santa Fe.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do contact the Hotel as it would be our pleasure to be at your service.