“Santa Fe Hotel -- Enjoyed it.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Pay in Advance - Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Los Angeles, California
“Santa Fe Hotel -- Enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe and enjoyed it. We have stayed at several hotels in the city, and will most likely return to the Eldorado. The other places were fine, but the Eldorado had a gym, which several others did not. The gym was also at least a bit larger than one converted claustrophobic hotel room. The hotel also had room service, which we didn't use, but it's nice to know it's there. The service was very good. Location is great. Comfortable rooms. The termperature control worked very well. The sounds proofing was not great in terms of the noise from the hallway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear SharBer,

Thank you for being our recent guest over the Holiday season. We greatly apppreciate your kind words about our facilities and service. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It would be our pleasure to be your host again in the near future and if we can currently be of any service please contact the Hotel directly.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am a real traveler and this is a no BS review. The El Dorado is an excellent hotel. We rented two adjoining rooms for 4 days over Christmas 2012. There is nothing to complain about. Everything is great including: excersice room, staff, parking, rooms, beds, linens, food, bar, value for the price, location to everything in downtown. I will stay there again. You cannot go wrong. Believe me I am one picky SOB and this place is awesome,

Room Tip: Like any hotel dont stay near the elevators. Otherwise all the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear DavidJeterMorgan,

I can't thank you enough for your kind words while being our recent guest. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff as without this dedicated group of people we would not be able to make this possible. I am proud that we have been able to make this a memorable experience for you and your family, and look forward to your return visit.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact the Hotel directly as it is our pleasure to be at your service.

From your friends at the Eldorado.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

As a long-time iPrefer member, I always seek out these properties first for lodging, whether traveling around the world on business or for pleasure. This was my first stay at the Eldorado, but it won't be the last. On our recent pre-Christmas trip to Santa Fe, we decided to stay at the Eldorado, primarily due to its location near the Plaza and other interesting places, such as the Georgia O'Keefe museum. We will return for the excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, and excellent accommodations. From the time we checked in to the time we left, the staff was attentive and very responsive to our needs, even when we wanted to build a cozy fire in the fireplace late at night and needed some kindling to do so. If you are considering a fine hotel property in Santa Fe, I highly recommend the Eldorado.

Dr. Joseph Baugh

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Dr. Baugh,

We want to extend a warm thank you for being our recent guest. I am thrilled to hear that you found your trip to Santa Fe and our property to exceed your expectations. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It has been our extreme pleasure to in some small way make your trip a memorable one and look forward to your return visit in the near future.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Hotel as we look forward to being at your service.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.
austin, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayted at the Eldorado hotel for business many, many times. It is a nice size hotel with all the amenities of a big hotel chain, but with the special additions of a smaller boutique hotel. Great restaurant (the Old House I think) is on the property, which is great on a freezing night! The bar area is hoping at night. The main breakfast area is okay- a little overpriced. The spa (I did not receive any services) is small but nice. My biggest beef with the gym is that they do not open until 7am because it is located over a hotel room. I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in that room!
Towards the end of my stay in Santa Fe on business, my team switched over to the Hilton across the street- to accumulate the coveted points that business travelers want so we can enjoy free hotel nights while on vacation.

Room Tip: try for a room away from the elevator- it can be a bit loud
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Krishellel,

We want to extend our warmest thank you for being a repeat guest. I am so happy that you have had an opportunity to use our different facilities and found them to be to your liking. I am sorry that you were not able to access the Gym until 7am as we normally have it open 24 hours a day. I noticed that you haven't as yet had an opportunity to use our spa facilities that I do hope you will make plans for during your next trip. We have a great team in this facility that has one wish to make your stay a memorable one.

Our warmest wishes to you and your family for the Holiday Season from your friends at the Eldorado.
Dillon, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

very romantic... both service and food excellent
great location breakfast across the street great
wonderful beds and linens... very clean rooms
asked for an early check in and they were
accommodating
we were offered water for the road ...its the extra
touches and the people that made this place so
great

Dear TravelingTanya_12,

We were delighted that you choose to stay with us this Holiday Season. I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations, and so look forward to your future visit. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. If at any time we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Hotel as it is our pleasure to be at your service.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My Mother and I booked a different hotel online and when we arrived it smelled like mold and the casitas were very run down unlike the photos online. So we checked into the Eldorado and had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly and attentive in a geniune way.

The hotel is very dog friendly, has extremely comfortable beds, modern bathroom, beautiful view of downtown from our window, lively lounge, tasty fruit water in lobby and great breakfast. The only thing I noticed that needed attending to was cleaning the carpets in the hallway.

We went to look at other downtown hotels but were really happy we choose the Eldorado. I usually don't write reviews but after arriving at such a bad hotel, that had good reviews, I wanted to share how wonderful our stay was at the Eldorado. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a room with view of downtown.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear SpaGirl108,

We can't thank you enough for being our recent guest and writing such a wonderful review. Our goal to you and all our guests is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It was our pleasure to help make your stay in Santa Fe a memorable one and we hope that we will have you join us again in the very near future.

If we can be of any further assistance, please call the Hotel directly so we can be at your service.

Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

After seeing a special for the El Dorado Hotel on TravelZoo, I booked two nights, Dec 6 and 7, as a birthday treat for myself so I could attend back-to-back Christmas concerts at the Cathedral of St. Francis and the Loretto Chapel and not have to drive the hour's drive home. I had a wonderful stay! Darlene at the front desk couldn't have been more wonderful, making sure I had a list of Santa Fe's weekend events, a map to find my way, and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. My room was most comfortable with a balcony, kiva fireplace, free WiFi, and even a refrigerator. I was easily able to explore downtown and then put my feet up to read and relax on the comfy bed. I only ate one meal at the El Dorado, but my breakfast in the Old House was delicious. I will definitely return again - the warmth of the service I received made my birthday most pleasant.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear GWhiteLosAlamos,

We are so happy that you spent such a special occasion as your Birthday with us. I can't thank you enough for your very kind comments that I will be most happy to pass along to the staff, especially Darlene. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I am thrilled we had the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to your return visit in the very near future, and if we can be of any further assistance it would be our pleasure to be at your service.

With regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!