“weekend get away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
“weekend get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

very romantic... both service and food excellent
great location breakfast across the street great
wonderful beds and linens... very clean rooms
asked for an early check in and they were
accommodating
we were offered water for the road ...its the extra
touches and the people that made this place so
great

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear TravelingTanya_12,

We were delighted that you choose to stay with us this Holiday Season. I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations, and so look forward to your future visit. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. If at any time we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Hotel as it is our pleasure to be at your service.

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My Mother and I booked a different hotel online and when we arrived it smelled like mold and the casitas were very run down unlike the photos online. So we checked into the Eldorado and had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly and attentive in a geniune way.

The hotel is very dog friendly, has extremely comfortable beds, modern bathroom, beautiful view of downtown from our window, lively lounge, tasty fruit water in lobby and great breakfast. The only thing I noticed that needed attending to was cleaning the carpets in the hallway.

We went to look at other downtown hotels but were really happy we choose the Eldorado. I usually don't write reviews but after arriving at such a bad hotel, that had good reviews, I wanted to share how wonderful our stay was at the Eldorado. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a room with view of downtown.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear SpaGirl108,

We can't thank you enough for being our recent guest and writing such a wonderful review. Our goal to you and all our guests is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It was our pleasure to help make your stay in Santa Fe a memorable one and we hope that we will have you join us again in the very near future.

If we can be of any further assistance, please call the Hotel directly so we can be at your service.

Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

After seeing a special for the El Dorado Hotel on TravelZoo, I booked two nights, Dec 6 and 7, as a birthday treat for myself so I could attend back-to-back Christmas concerts at the Cathedral of St. Francis and the Loretto Chapel and not have to drive the hour's drive home. I had a wonderful stay! Darlene at the front desk couldn't have been more wonderful, making sure I had a list of Santa Fe's weekend events, a map to find my way, and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. My room was most comfortable with a balcony, kiva fireplace, free WiFi, and even a refrigerator. I was easily able to explore downtown and then put my feet up to read and relax on the comfy bed. I only ate one meal at the El Dorado, but my breakfast in the Old House was delicious. I will definitely return again - the warmth of the service I received made my birthday most pleasant.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room.
Dear GWhiteLosAlamos,

We are so happy that you spent such a special occasion as your Birthday with us. I can't thank you enough for your very kind comments that I will be most happy to pass along to the staff, especially Darlene. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I am thrilled we had the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to your return visit in the very near future, and if we can be of any further assistance it would be our pleasure to be at your service.

Acton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The lobby and other areas of the hotel were very nice, but the furnishings in the room weren't what I'd expect for the price. When I returned after being gone for a couple of hours, my room door was open, and I remember double-checking to make sure it locked when I left. I probably wouldn't stay there again because of being afraid of that happening again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Jerry S,

We appreciate your being our recent guest. I was very disturbed to hear about your door being left open. We take guest security very seriously, and to that end we preformed a key lock audit on your room door. For your peace of mind we ascertained that the only access to your room during your stay was with your room key alone.

We do hope you will have a wonderful Holiday Season, and look forward to your future return to Santa Fe.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Travelin' Jack, Roving Bulldog Reporter, recently visited the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe for their holiday bash "Happy HOWLidays"--a pet holiday party fundraiser for local animal welfare. Since we took in the party happenings, we decided to make it an overnight getaway to check out the Eldorado in paw-style to see JUST how pet friendly the Eldorado really is. Results? PASSED with a high-paws rating! First stop.....valet parking. The auto attendant welcomed Travelin' Jack, making him feel like a star before he even arrived inside! The front desk staff welcomed Jack by name...AND with a gift bag full of toys and treats...and a personalized welcome note. This is standard policy for all preregistered pets! On to the room. Nice roomy floor plan with a mini balcony to view the Santa Fe city sunset and sunrise! Our Kiva fireplace in- room added a nice toasty touch to a cool winter's evening in the room. Public areas are pet friendly, and we strolled through the lobby, the multiple sitting areas with lots of photo ops by the magnificent artwork scattered throughout. The holiday decor was begging for photos and more pup attention from the ever friendly staff everywhere. Santa Fe is a very pet friendly destination, so the Eldorado, located right in the heart of all the happening places, is a fabulous place to stroll with your dog, check out the art galleries, and even dine in outdoor pet friendly restaurants and cafes scattered throughout town. Nice little walking trails along Alameda to make a wandering pup very happy. Eldorado, in all its elegance, is a very pet-friendly (and people too) hotel that caters to their every guest, whether it be 2 or 4 footed. Travelin' Jack gives Eldorado his prestigious 5 paws rating!

Room Tip: Preregister your pet for a special personalized welcome goody bag.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear 60933Jill,

Indeed it was our pleasure to have Travelin Jack be our honored guest. We so greatly appreciate your kind words and the photo ops were a special treat for all the employees. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. Whether that be a guest with two feet or four. I do hope to welcome you back in the very near furture as it is our pleasure to be at your service.

capemay,nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We decided to stay at another motel on it's very high tripadvisor ranking. It was pretty nice. We were considering the Eldorado, however, the tripadvisor reviews were mixed. During our stay in Santa Fe we visited the Eldorado and the property was absolutely great. The rooms were first class, the restaurant supburb and the customer service was first rate. The front desk clerk named Paymon could not have been more nice and accommodating. This is a property that I would recommend to anyone and everyone, I know what I am talking about because I own an oceanfront motel on the east coast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SeaCrestInn,

We are delighted that you were a recent guest. I am overjoyed that our staff with special mention to Paymon went above and beyond your expectations. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and we celebrate that we had the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to being at your service in the very near future.

Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After reading about the Eldorado Hotel from the internet, I came to Santa Fe with high expectations. Not only were my expectations met, but they were all surpassed. Whether I was enjoying the hotels amenities or asking for adivice on what to see or do off property, every staff member made me feel as though my enjoyment was his/her priority.
Could not have been a better experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Bill R,

We are delighted that you were a recent guest of our Hotel. I am overjoyed that we exceeded your expectations and in some small way made a memory for you. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I will with pride say that I believe we were able to do this for you.

We do hope to see you in the very near future, and if I or any of the Eldorado staff can be of further assistance please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly. Our promise to you Bill is to make the Eldorado your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!