“Pet Friendly Holiday Get Away at the Santa Fe Eldorado” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Pay in Advance - Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pet Friendly Holiday Get Away at the Santa Fe Eldorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Travelin' Jack, Roving Bulldog Reporter, recently visited the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe for their holiday bash "Happy HOWLidays"--a pet holiday party fundraiser for local animal welfare. Since we took in the party happenings, we decided to make it an overnight getaway to check out the Eldorado in paw-style to see JUST how pet friendly the Eldorado really is. Results? PASSED with a high-paws rating! First stop.....valet parking. The auto attendant welcomed Travelin' Jack, making him feel like a star before he even arrived inside! The front desk staff welcomed Jack by name...AND with a gift bag full of toys and treats...and a personalized welcome note. This is standard policy for all preregistered pets! On to the room. Nice roomy floor plan with a mini balcony to view the Santa Fe city sunset and sunrise! Our Kiva fireplace in- room added a nice toasty touch to a cool winter's evening in the room. Public areas are pet friendly, and we strolled through the lobby, the multiple sitting areas with lots of photo ops by the magnificent artwork scattered throughout. The holiday decor was begging for photos and more pup attention from the ever friendly staff everywhere. Santa Fe is a very pet friendly destination, so the Eldorado, located right in the heart of all the happening places, is a fabulous place to stroll with your dog, check out the art galleries, and even dine in outdoor pet friendly restaurants and cafes scattered throughout town. Nice little walking trails along Alameda to make a wandering pup very happy. Eldorado, in all its elegance, is a very pet-friendly (and people too) hotel that caters to their every guest, whether it be 2 or 4 footed. Travelin' Jack gives Eldorado his prestigious 5 paws rating!

Room Tip: Preregister your pet for a special personalized welcome goody bag.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear 60933Jill,

Indeed it was our pleasure to have Travelin Jack be our honored guest. We so greatly appreciate your kind words and the photo ops were a special treat for all the employees. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. Whether that be a guest with two feet or four. I do hope to welcome you back in the very near furture as it is our pleasure to be at your service.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
capemay,nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We decided to stay at another motel on it's very high tripadvisor ranking. It was pretty nice. We were considering the Eldorado, however, the tripadvisor reviews were mixed. During our stay in Santa Fe we visited the Eldorado and the property was absolutely great. The rooms were first class, the restaurant supburb and the customer service was first rate. The front desk clerk named Paymon could not have been more nice and accommodating. This is a property that I would recommend to anyone and everyone, I know what I am talking about because I own an oceanfront motel on the east coast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SeaCrestInn,

We are delighted that you were a recent guest. I am overjoyed that our staff with special mention to Paymon went above and beyond your expectations. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and we celebrate that we had the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to being at your service in the very near future.

Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After reading about the Eldorado Hotel from the internet, I came to Santa Fe with high expectations. Not only were my expectations met, but they were all surpassed. Whether I was enjoying the hotels amenities or asking for adivice on what to see or do off property, every staff member made me feel as though my enjoyment was his/her priority.
Could not have been a better experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Bill R,

We are delighted that you were a recent guest of our Hotel. I am overjoyed that we exceeded your expectations and in some small way made a memory for you. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I will with pride say that I believe we were able to do this for you.

We do hope to see you in the very near future, and if I or any of the Eldorado staff can be of further assistance please do not hesistate to contact the Hotel directly. Our promise to you Bill is to make the Eldorado your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Work brought me to Santa Fe but my wife joined me to explore the town. Eldorado is a modest, five floor hotel on the edge of the Plaza. It is one block from the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum.

The rooms are spacious with a clean but not luxurious finish. The hotel is decorated in a transitional southwest feel that I liked. The roof top hot tub and pool are very small but we had them to ourselves one evening so who cares?

It is the staff that make this a great choice. I was walking down the street one chilly morning with two cups of coffee in my hands. You know what they say, 'Happy wife, happy life.' The doorman was on the far corner of the entrance doing same cleanup. He sets his broom aside and walks along with me to open the door. As I work my way to the elevator, a housekeeper stops what she is doing and asks me if I am going up and to which floor. Just because my hands were full!

I think the Eldorado is a great hotel for the price. Next time I travel to Santa Fe, I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Brian L,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff, and appreciate that you recognized their hard work and dedication. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. I appreciate that we were in some small way able to make your trip a memorable one.

We so look forward to your next return and if any of the staff can be of any service, please do contact the Hotel as it was a pleasure to have been at your service.

Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed here 3 different times over several years, and every time was wonderful. The staff are always friendly and helpful. You're walking distance to the downtown square, shopping and restaurants which saves the major headache of driving and parking. The rooms are large and the beds are VERY comfortable. They've recently done a very nice remodel. I got a great deal on Priceline, too, so try that!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Karyl M,

We greatly appreciate your being such a loyal guest of the Eldorado. It will be my pleasure to share your very kind comments with the staff as they are working diligently at making this the favorite Hotel for all of our guests. Our motto that we truly believe in is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It was our pleasure to be at your service, and hope that you will join us again in the very near future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here for a work conference and expected the usual minimal service and a,entities but was very pleasantly surprised. From the first welcome to my departure every single person on staff and service provided was friendly, helpful, and right on time. The hotel is a few steps from the square and right next door to the Georgia O'Keefe museum. I needed to make a quick trip to a store to replace a forgotten power cord and the concierge arranged for transportation on the spot which was also quite friendly and helpful. I especially enjoyed the rooftop pool and steam room, and had both to myself most days. The spa is delightful, and I loved the lavender salt scrub treatment! My skin was like polished marble for several days afterward. The spa director even touched up my nails after my scrub, which was above and beyond. Everyone seems happy to work there and I sure was happy with my stay in such a beautiful and friendly hotel! Check out the packages...I got a New Mexico Culture Pass package that included free admission to 16 museums and historical sites and the room cost was the same!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear JenDiallo,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being our recent guest. It was our pleasure to be at your service and in some small way make new memories for you. We are delighted that so many staff members brought such a positive feeling to your stay. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

We look forward to your return visit so we can surpass your expectations as we want you to think of us as your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed a full week at the el dorado hotel and can not say enough good things about the experience. The staff is amazing, food is fantastic, rooms are lush with great views, location is great. Only complaint is that the bar doesn't stay open late enough for the amount of fun one can have there!! this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: i did not get a room with a fireplace, but i hear they are amazing. ;)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Krstenl,

We are delighted that you choose to be a recent guest of the Eldorado. Moreover we can't thank you enough for your kind comments and the opportunity to have been at your service. Our motto is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. We are delighted to have been in some small way able to make your stay a memorable occasion.

We look forward to your return visit and if we can be of any further assistance due please call on any of the staff at the Hotel.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!