“Eldorado...Nice but not what it once was...” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Ranked #17 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Eldorado...Nice but not what it once was...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

So over the past several years I have stayed at the Eldorado. I know ownership/management has changed a few times. It is not the "Five Star Experience" as it once was, and needs some fixing up and updating in some areas. It does have a nice resturaunt "Agave" and a Spa. If it wasn't for those two amenities I would call it Average.

The rooms are well appointed southwestern, although you can see several things that need touch ups...an enjoyable experiece...but miss the old Eldorado.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear ByWayofTaos,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for being our guest over the years. I am concerned that their are aspects of our property that did not meet and exceed your expectations during your last visit. In order to help us have a better understanding of what we missed, it would be very helpful if you would contact the Hotel so that I would have an opportunity to speak with you. We greatly appreciate your candid comments as our goal is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed in the suite with a balcony and kiva fireplace and really enjoyed it. The location is convenient to downtown Santa Fe - it was nice to stroll out to the square. The most amazing thing was the service. All the staff went so far out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Ellen W,

I would like to personally thank you for being our recent guest, and am thrilled your trip to Santa Fe left you with such fond memories. We look forward to your future visit and if I can be of any further assistance to you please it would be my pleasure to be at your service. Our goal to you Ellen is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a great hotel that is large enough to provide options (one bedroom, two bedroom, kiva fireplace etc) yet still feels intimate and immerses you in the culture. The service is outstanding and it is located right in town in the heart of almost everything. The spa is not to be missed; very luxurious (although also get to 10,000 Waves while in Santa Fe). Yes, do both, you won't regret it. Breakfasts are generous (blue corn pancakes). The gym is small, but has everything you need, plus a great view overlooking all the adobe buildings of Santa Fe and the mountains (great way to start the day). Pool and hot tub on the roof (if you don't know about the stars in the sky in the south west, this will help you find out). I loved all the little extras that other hotels nickel and dime you with such as spa water always available in the lobby, free very good coffee in the mornings, fee wifi. I would certainly stay here again. I was there with a friend, but I would also go with my husband in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tina G.

We greatly appreciate your being our recent guest, and am overjoyed that you had such an amazing stay. It will be my great pleasure to share your very kind comments with the staff. Our goal at the Hotel is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time, and I can see by your comments that we had an opportunity to make a memorable stay while showing you Southwest hospitality.

We look forward to your return visit and if I can be of any other assistance, it would be my pleasure to be at your service.

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Eldorado. We got the king fireplace room. I would stay there again in a minute. There is plenty of space, a nicely appointed bathroom with tile/granite/glass and a large shower, good linens on the bed, a balcony, and a really nice wood burning kiva-style fireplace. My wife is a hotel snob and she found it to be very clean. In fact, I think she even walked around without slippers.

The staff are friendly and attentive throughout the hotel. That extends to the spa as well, where we spent a couple of hours on a Saturday. At one point my wife lost one of her earrings and at least two of the staff at the spa took the time to help her look for it even though the spa was about to close for the day (found it in the locker room).

I didn't work out, but the exercise room looked pretty decent. The pool and hot-tub are on the rooftop, and I didn't go in as they both seemed kind of small and there were already people there. Probably the kind of thing where you want to get there first so others just leave when they see it taken (it is an intimate environment- small pools, small area).

The front desk had great recommendations for meals and the hotel was a short walk from everything we wanted to see (e.g. the whole market square, the churches, etc.). Our favorites were Tomasita's and Mangiamo Pronto. Nothing too pricey or fancy, but 5 star food and service in very quaint settings.

I wish every hotel I stayed at was able to provide this type of comfort, cleanliness, and service.

Room Tip: Didn't put all excellent as it isn't 5 stars in all categories like the Elysian in Chicago o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear 12AJB1978,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our recent guest. I greatly appreciate your kind comments and candor as this is definitely what the Trip Advisor community is looking for. We very much look forward to your near future return as our Hotel is in a constant state of change to enhance and exceed your expectations. Our motto is complete guest satisfaction one guest at a time. Our goal to you sir is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service at this hotel is great. I visited the spa several times for a great massage. It was expensive, but very good. Everything I tried on the menu was delicious. It was a very short walk to the center of town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Elizabeth J,

I want to take this opportunity to say Thank You for being our recent guest. It was our pleasure to be at your service, and your kind words are most appreciated. It is always a highlight for our staff when we can say we made a memory for you. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

We so look forward to your return visit so that we may have the opportunity to surpass your expectations once again.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay at the Eldorado Hotel every time I am in Santa Fe on business. It is very convenient to the square, wonderful restaurants and shops, and business areas.

The hotel is absolutley gorgeous - truly Santa Fe! Each and every area in the lobby, restaurants, entertainment area, and lobby are beautifully decorated and comfortable, with great service from all.

Because I am an I Prefer member (and I highly recommend that folks sign up for this free membership), I am almost always upgraded to a king suite with a balcony and fireplace, plus a bag of Santa Fe goodies. What a great treat! The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have incredible views of the Santa Fe area.

Room Tip: If you ask for a corner room, the balconies are larger, so views are greater. Rooms away from the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Cathy C,

We are overjoyed that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. Our goal to you is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff as it is their hard work and dedication that makes our hotel function. We look forward to your next trip to Santa Fe and if I can personally be of any assistance, please do contact the Hotel directly as it will be my pleasure to be at your service.

With warm regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The el dorado is a superb property in Santa Fe. It is luxurious and has all the necessary comforts. I was speaking at a conference full of lawyers. I left expensive pieces of jewelry by mistake in my room. Each piece was turned into security and they mailed it all to me in California. Kudos to each and every member of the hotel for their professionalism and honesty. They just gained a customer for life.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear BrownGirlCA,

We are delighted that our Hotel meet and exceeded your expectations in every way. We pride ourselves on the honesty and integrity of our staff to always do right by our guests. I am so glad that you had a opportunity to spend time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back as our honored guest in the near future. Always remember our goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

With warm regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!