“Great weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Littleton, Colorado
“Great weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Eldorado. We got the king fireplace room. I would stay there again in a minute. There is plenty of space, a nicely appointed bathroom with tile/granite/glass and a large shower, good linens on the bed, a balcony, and a really nice wood burning kiva-style fireplace. My wife is a hotel snob and she found it to be very clean. In fact, I think she even walked around without slippers.

The staff are friendly and attentive throughout the hotel. That extends to the spa as well, where we spent a couple of hours on a Saturday. At one point my wife lost one of her earrings and at least two of the staff at the spa took the time to help her look for it even though the spa was about to close for the day (found it in the locker room).

I didn't work out, but the exercise room looked pretty decent. The pool and hot-tub are on the rooftop, and I didn't go in as they both seemed kind of small and there were already people there. Probably the kind of thing where you want to get there first so others just leave when they see it taken (it is an intimate environment- small pools, small area).

The front desk had great recommendations for meals and the hotel was a short walk from everything we wanted to see (e.g. the whole market square, the churches, etc.). Our favorites were Tomasita's and Mangiamo Pronto. Nothing too pricey or fancy, but 5 star food and service in very quaint settings.

I wish every hotel I stayed at was able to provide this type of comfort, cleanliness, and service.

Room Tip: Didn't put all excellent as it isn't 5 stars in all categories like the Elysian in Chicago o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear 12AJB1978,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our recent guest. I greatly appreciate your kind comments and candor as this is definitely what the Trip Advisor community is looking for. We very much look forward to your near future return as our Hotel is in a constant state of change to enhance and exceed your expectations. Our motto is complete guest satisfaction one guest at a time. Our goal to you sir is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service at this hotel is great. I visited the spa several times for a great massage. It was expensive, but very good. Everything I tried on the menu was delicious. It was a very short walk to the center of town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Elizabeth J,

I want to take this opportunity to say Thank You for being our recent guest. It was our pleasure to be at your service, and your kind words are most appreciated. It is always a highlight for our staff when we can say we made a memory for you. Our goal is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time.

We so look forward to your return visit so that we may have the opportunity to surpass your expectations once again.

With warm regards from your friends at the Eldorado.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay at the Eldorado Hotel every time I am in Santa Fe on business. It is very convenient to the square, wonderful restaurants and shops, and business areas.

The hotel is absolutley gorgeous - truly Santa Fe! Each and every area in the lobby, restaurants, entertainment area, and lobby are beautifully decorated and comfortable, with great service from all.

Because I am an I Prefer member (and I highly recommend that folks sign up for this free membership), I am almost always upgraded to a king suite with a balcony and fireplace, plus a bag of Santa Fe goodies. What a great treat! The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have incredible views of the Santa Fe area.

Room Tip: If you ask for a corner room, the balconies are larger, so views are greater. Rooms away from the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Cathy C,

We are overjoyed that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. Our goal to you is total guest satisfaction one guest at a time. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with our staff as it is their hard work and dedication that makes our hotel function. We look forward to your next trip to Santa Fe and if I can personally be of any assistance, please do contact the Hotel directly as it will be my pleasure to be at your service.

With warm regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The el dorado is a superb property in Santa Fe. It is luxurious and has all the necessary comforts. I was speaking at a conference full of lawyers. I left expensive pieces of jewelry by mistake in my room. Each piece was turned into security and they mailed it all to me in California. Kudos to each and every member of the hotel for their professionalism and honesty. They just gained a customer for life.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear BrownGirlCA,

We are delighted that our Hotel meet and exceeded your expectations in every way. We pride ourselves on the honesty and integrity of our staff to always do right by our guests. I am so glad that you had a opportunity to spend time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back as our honored guest in the near future. Always remember our goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

With warm regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel in every way possible! And it all begins with the quality of service. We were greeted each time we walked into the lobby (sometimes even by name)! At check-in they even had a gift for our five-year-old son. We also really enjoyed the complimentary fruit water available in the lobby. The Eldorado Hotel is extremely clean--everywhere! And to top it all off, the bed was comfy! Keep an eye out for Joe, a bellman that goes above and beyond.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Joy S,

What a pleasure it was to have you as our recent guest. I do remember your son and how happy he was to receive the coloring book. It was our great pleasure to make your stay with our property a memorable one. I wil personally thank Joe for the outstanding service he provided during your stay. We do hope to see you back in the very near future as our goal is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from the El Dorado staying in a one bedroom suite. The staff was fantastic, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The room on the other hand wasn't up to par. The room furnishings were out of date and uncomfortable. The saving grace was our private terrace which was large and offered beautiful views of downtown and the mountains. We also had breakfast and dinner in the Old House restaurant, wasn't worth the price, the food was just OK. We had a great time in Santa Fe but would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 449 has the best terrace with great views. This room is very far from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GoGirl52,

We greatly appreciate your recent stay with us and your very kind words regarding the staff members. Let me be the first to apologize that your accommodations did not exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will come back for future visits, as we are making every effort to enhance our accommodations to meet your needs. Our goal to you is to become your favorite Hotel while in the Santa Fe area.

Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a very, very good hotel, but it is not the nicest one I've ever stayed in. What propelled it into a five-dot rating, however, was its staff. Everyone I encountered from the valet to the front desk to the concierge was concerned about my comfort and convenience. I was very impressed with their professionalism and attention to detail.

The property was very nice but not opulent. The room was as spacious as necessary, and the facilities were clean and up to date. The gym was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel, and the meeting facilities were comfortable. Perhaps best of all, the coffee and the continental breakfast were excellent. I was very pleased all in all.

Room Tip: As for one with a balcony. The views are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear TNTROUTTHNTR,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your stay with us. You are absolutely correct that our people help to set us apart from our competition. We are so pleased that you had an opportunity to come in contact with so many staff members and each one showed you the type of hospitality each of our guests deserve without fail. It will be my please to share your kind comments with the staff so that they can celebrate in your successful stay with us.
Please always keep in mind our goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. And on a side bar, yes we are constantly making changes and hope you will come back often to see this progress.

With regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!