“the Spa” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Great Neck, New York
“the Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

While I was not fortunate enough to stay at this beautiful hotel, I did enjoy a fabulous massage with Aaron at their wonderful spa. He listened tto what I wanted and did an excellent job. He knows the body and how mucles interact so he can advise on ways to help your muscle pain (for me the shoulders, primarily from stress) and provided me with an excellent, much appreciated massage. I think Santa Fe is beautiful, peaceful and full of friendly people. And, when I return, I would love to stay at Eldorado Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Silvanaburdick,

Thank you so much for being a guest of our Spa. We sincerely appreciate your very kind comments, and so look forward to your return visit. It will be our pleasure to have you as a guest of our Hotel. Our motto is guest satisfaction one guest at a time. We are honored that we had the opportunity to make you happy.

From your friend's at the Eldorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I simply loved this hotel. The detail of all areas in the hotel is beautiful, so tasteful. The view of the mountains was breath taking. So much so when it was time to go to dinner at the hotel's restaurant, "Old House" we almost didn't go because I wanted to stay in our room but, wow, am I glad we went to dinner. I believed the reviews about the restaurant and went to the best dinner I have had I years. I want to go back to Santa Fe just to eat here.
I have stayed at many hotels with fireplaces but none that burned real wood. What a treat. We were offered as much wood as we wanted as well. Paul, a delightful young man started our fire. He made us feel he was happy to be of help to us.
I fell in love with Eldorado and can't wait to go back to this charming and warm place away from home.
Yes, couldn't be a better location. Just a block to downtown yet tucked away in a quite neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear JanePhillips,

We are overjoyed that your stay with us was a memorable one. I am pleased that you found all aspects of our property exceptional and your stay was what we hope for each guest. I look forward to your return visit in the very near future as we want your stay to be better than the last.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stay someplace else!!! Santa Fe has beautiful hotels! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!! It smells dank and rustic, the suite was small and the management do not know what the word hospitality means!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kimberly646,

We appreciate your listing, but find it confusing as it does not actually list what the issues are. This I find troubling as the Guest Services Manager I was not made aware of any issues that you might have encountered. If you would, I would appreciate your contacting the hotel directly so that we can discuss what obviously was a troubled stay.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We loved our room on the 5th floor. It was very comfortable, clean, and the staff was outstanding. The hotel made our whole trip worth it. On the other hand, we didn't love the city of Sante Fe. The food was just so, so, not much night life. (we love to dance, but not many opportunities in Sante Fe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear MaryLovesDancde,

We are overjoyed that your stay was a memorable one. It will be my great pleasure to share your kind words with our staff so they may celebrate a success. We do hope that not being able to find places in Santa Fe for dancing will not discourage you from returning.

Our continued goal to you is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

West Hollywood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've tried 5 or 6 Santa Fe hotels on our many visits. Some have lots of charm, but fewer facilities. Some, like the Eldorado, have little charm but "more" facilities. The problem is that Eldorado's facilities aren't particularly nice-- the common areas are OK, but the rooms are awful. The rooms are on par with what is available at a $49.95 roadside motel. No architectural detail-- no design-- nothing feels particularly high quality, and the place desperately needs a makeover.

If the service were superior, one might overlook the poor rooms. On the busy weekend we were there, the hotel valet (the only in-hotel parking option) was completely overwhelmed (and seemed not to understand the concept of "valet."). We were told to call down in advance for our car-- when we did, we were asked 20 questions about our car (as though they did not have the valet ticket number). The next time we called down, they had given up completely, and we were told they could not retrieve our car until we came down ourselves. I can accept that a town like Santa Fe doesn't have a lot of valet parking-- that's part of the appeal! But you can't charge $24 a night for a service that simply doesn't exist.

Overall, my impression is that this hotel thrives on bookings of people who don't know much about Santa Fe, or who are part of tour groups, or perhaps international travelers who planning resources are more limited.

Save yourself a lot of money and aggravation-- choose one of Santa Fe's other more interesting and inviting hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Gtoernie,

We thank you for your feedback as this is what helps us to take a long hard look at our current operations. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found our accommodations not to your expectations.

We do hope that you will come back at some future stay and see that we are continually trying to improve our operations.

With regards from your friend's at the Eldorado
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Eldorado was our first stop on a NM honeymoon. The hotel staff was very kind from the very start, and the property is nice. Although we checked in on a Wednesday, we were put in a room right next to an elevator which was unfortunately very noisy and not so romantic... but that said, the front desk sent up champagne to help us celebrate and we loved the extra touch.

On day two, I was having trouble sleeping because it is quite dry in Santa Fe, but the hotel was able to provide a humidifier and it made all the difference in the world!

Overall, nice accommodations, kind hotel staff, and comfy bed... previous reviews about shower soaking you bc of poor design and the terrible forced parking fees are true. We suggest paying a few dollars less and parking in the garage kitty corner to the property.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator! Also, no view from front side 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry W, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear BShan1982,

First off I would like to extend my heart felt congratulations on your recent marriage and a life filled with joy and prosperity. We were delighted to have you stay with us and really appreciate your kind comments. I was sorry to hear that your room was not in a quiet area of the Hotel.

We hope you will return in the very near future as our goal is to become your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe.

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Myself and a friend stayed at the Eldorado October 5th & 6th 2012. The front desk staff was extraordinary and went above and beyond. The room itself on the 5th floor was clean, good beds and pillows. The bathroom was lovely, large and clean. I did however expect the room to be larger considering the price but realize that Santa Fe is a resort destination and the fact we were only 2 blocks from the plaza justifies the higher pricing. The food at their restaurant was absolutely 5 star in presentation and quality. The front desk staff recommended other restaurants and all were really good. Had a bit of a problem with valet parking. Upon arrival the valet said they would unload our luggage and send it to our room. We did not use the vehicle all weekend and when we checked out on Sunday morning the car's battery was drained and they had to charge it. One of the valet personnal said they always make sure to turn off all lites and ensure the doors are closed. After 45 minutes and while I was calling AAA for assistance a manager came up with the car and apologized saying all was fine. We left and had to re-program the anti theft, and radio as the battery had failed. Then after getting back to Colorado when parking in a garage at home noticed the dome lite was on dim the whole time. I understand accidents happen, but the valet got rude during the ordeal and blamed us for the car problems until the manager showed up then he seemed eager to please us and asked if we needed directions to get on the interstate. The car was new in February by the way. All in all we had a great time at the Eldorado until we tried to go home.

Room Tip: Only one elevator so if you have issues with walking any distance be sure to check how far the room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kim G,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I really appreciate your kind comments regarding our Front Desk personnel and the Old House restaurant experience. I would like to apologize for the issue you had with our Valet Service. As this group of individuals are a direct report, rest assured I will see that a full investigation into the problems you experienced take place so that this type of situation never takes place in the future.
Our goal for our property is to be your favorite Hotel while in Santa Fe. We do hope the negative experience will not prevent you from returning as I can guarantee that poor behavior on the part of our staff members will never be tolerated.

With kind regards from your friend's at the Eldorado.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!