“Excellent Service at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa downtown Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Pay in Advance - Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent Service at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa downtown Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I received the very best service at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa. I used the spa facilities and it was wonderful. The hotel restuarant "The Old House" had exquisite cuisine. The room was beautiful, new and very spacious and relaxing. I would highly recommend a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or a fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Diana C,

Thank you for the positive comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend getaway and look forward to welcoming you back at the Eldorado in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
East Norwich, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Reserved a deluxe room for a two day stay and was quite disappointed with the overall room and service that was provided by the Eldorado. Room was average and the bathroom certainly needed an upgrade besides some better housekeeping. The first night my wife and I were tired after our flights from the east and wanted to have a peaceful evening in our room. We don't expect total quiet in any hotel but the guests in the next room (four drunk ladies) were tearing it up after 11:00 PM. We called security to see what can be done and got voice mail. Pretty scary if there was an emergency. Finally was able to speak to security fifteen minutes later. Security met with the unruly group and a minute later after he left they were back at it. To make a long story short my wife and I had to confront these louts directly for them to act like guests in a hotel. The next night we decided to dine in the hotel's restaurant. Despite the restaurant and bar being quite empty and many employees available the service was poor. There were other issues but the most revealing one was I contacted the hotel's General Manager Mr. Matter to review the poor overall stay and his response was one of apathy. For $270.00 per night there are better hotel options in Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear KingRobert,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the less than perfect stay. We acknowledge that our bathrooms were in need of an update. We are nearing the completion of an all guest room bathroom renovation, in addition to all new in-room furniture. It is possible that you stayed in a room which was not yet completed, for which I genuinely apologize. The project will be complete this month. Regarding the noise complaint, the hotel has a zero tolerance for late night disruptions. We also have telephone operators on duty 24 hours a day to answer guest calls. I will investiagte why you received a voicemail because that should never happen. I am disappointed that I did not get an opportunity to discuss your issues with you while you were here, and invite you to contact me directly so I can obtain some more details about your experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and I assure you we will use it to improve.
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe, NM several times over the past 15 yrs. We have always been delighted with the service, having said that we were worried this time because we knew that many hotels have made sever cut-backs due to the current world economy issues. We were delighted to find that the service in all aspects of the facility were superior. It is a sad statement of our era that to find superior service we are suprised, but that is a fact. Our compliments to the staff at the hotel for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views of the city and surrounding mountains.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis P,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Also, we truly appreciate your loyalty and patronage to the Eldorado. We look forward to providing you and your family many more years of superior service.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I have been coming to Santa Fe for the past 15 years. We have stayed in several hotels which were nice, but just did'nt do it for us. We ended up changing to the Eldorado because the other hotel we were going to stay at was NOT up to par! Everyone was very accomodating, friendly, the room was nice and spacious, we felt safe, and it was walking distance to downtown which we liked. They do charge for parking, which is underground and safe, I guess they could charge a little less, but I guess that comes with the territory. The food was really nice there also, the tables could be cleaned off a little better, yes, I can still see crumbs under a dim light... But overall, nothing is ever perfect, we fell in love with the place and have claimed this our hotel of choice...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear baby7boo,

Thank you for finally switching to the Eldorado after all these years! We are delighted that you enjoyed the staff, service, and food. I will be sure to share your one piece of feedback with our Restaurant Management team as well. We love that you are, "in love" with The Eldorado and look forward to delivering another great stay in the future for you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

There were four of us in three separate rooms. Nice that we were all on the same floor. Nice decor, comfortable beds, very responsive staff. We did not eat at the restaurant, but looked like it had a great menu for all three meals. Sorry we didn't do the Thanksgiving buffet, which was awesome.
Good location, pleasant lobby. Outdoor pool on roof, but weather too cold. Great workout room. Everything worked well and efficiently, but not EXCITING. Which was fine.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sheila140,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your family had a nice time at our Hotel. Although upon your next visit, I would highly recommend trying the Old House Restaurant! We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond Steak Bistro, serving breakfast lunch and dinner daily. We hope that your travels will bring you back to Santa Fe again soon.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night while in town for a couple of art auctions.

First thing you need to know is that they charge $22 for valet per day and they have no off street parking. This is Santa Fe in the middle of nowhere not Chicago, why charge so much?

Check in was rather slow but friendly enough. The first room we were given was on the second floor and looked out on a gravel roof and tent. There was barely any daylight that would come into the room and felt like a bunker.

We asked for another room and were shown it by the clerk that checked us in. This time the room was on the fourth floor. Same room, but it had a much nicer feel because it looked south and got good light into the room, no longer had the bunker feeling.

The rooms are OK. Beds are very comfortable but beyond that the rooms are certainly nothing special. I'd compare them to a Hampton Inn.

We asked the concierge about a certain type of restaurant and she said 'you might want to try ______'. We asked her to call them and confirm this - she obviously didn't want to but complied. The first restaurant referred her to another, and this happened another 3-4 times with various restaurants. I'm glad I made her do this because it would have wasted a lot of time for our group and plus it's her job.

Overall a decent hotel and I would stay there again but would not hesitate to try another hotel since there are so many in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear J.B.,

Thank you for your candid feedback. Although Santa Fe is a remote city, parking in the downtown area comes at a cost, no matter where you go. We are priced competitively with the local area and offer friendly, efficient, 24 hour valet parking service. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with our concierge. Typically, I get nothing but great feedback about them. Rest assured I will share your comments with them. Lastly, we are nearing completion of a rooms renovation which will showcase brand new furniture paired with new bathrooms featuring marble and granite. I assure you that your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will try us again next time your travels bring you to Santa Fe.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Eldorado to attend the Santa Fe Art Auction, and the location was perfect! We had stayed here years ago and the hotel has certainly 'stepped up its game'! All the staff we encountered was friendly and accommodating and my trip to the spa to use the steam was wonderful and refreshing!

• Stayed November 2011
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear NM-Foodie-57,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are very proud of our staff and their desire to serve. Thank you for noticing the efforts we put forth to remain Santa Fe's premier luxury destination. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!