“The Eldorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe - A Must See!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pre-pay and SAVE!
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“The Eldorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe - A Must See!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I recently had a business meeting at The Eldorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe. From the beginning, things were looking good. I gave the keys to valet and they invited me inside. The lobby was large with plenty of seating, great subtle southwest style. I headed to The Agave Lounge which had been recently renovated and it was packed at 5pm! We shared a Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Feta and Tortilla Chips - great and not to thick or thin. Also had Lobster Sliders... yes, lobster sliders! They were delicious. The lounge had tons of specialty drinks based on the Agave theme. It was really busy but the service remained friendly and attentive. We discovered daily specials like the Monday Kobe Sliders for $1, Tuesday $2 Lobster Sliders, Wednesday $1 Tenderloin Tacos and $2 Thursdays' Crab Cake Sliders. The artwork was very cool with a piece by Anthony Abbate appropriately called "Agave" in the entrance.

After eating, we toured the restaurant, The Old House and ended up eating there the next night. The service was elegant and the restaurant matched that style, a pleasant fine dining experience. It seemed perfectly seasonal to try the Pumpkin Soup which had a light kick to it, delicious. Keeping with the fall season, the Pan Roasted Breast of Pheasant was amazing with a variety of mushrooms inside and a maderia orange sauce.

We found out that the 5th floor has a swimming pool and next time we stay, I'm definitely taking advantage of that. Overall, the Eldorado Hotel & Spa was a great place to stay and also visit. Rooms are quaint with fireplaces and a view looking over the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for sharing your recent expereince! I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our beand new Agave Lounge and famous Old House Restaurant. I will be sure to share your comments with the Guest Service Professionals who enhanced your expereince. Please come back and visit us again soon, and don't forget, we also have a world class Spa offering over 30 types of services! Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
scottsdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Very overpriced considering the value. Rooms were small, plain and for $200 night I expected much more. The staff could not have cared less about our concerns. There are lovely hotels in Santa Fe, in fact our group moved to the Inn of the Governers where we were treated like a valued guest. This was such a disappointment. I'm writing American Express to ask that they not suggest this hotel to their customers.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear ssummer913,

I would like to extend sincere apologies that your experience was not up to standard. We are very selective when hiring Guest Service professionals ensuring that they are engaged in servicing our guests. The fact that you did not experience this is disappointing, and I will personally be following up to address this with the team. With regard to the room size, our standard room category showcases 350 square ft rooms, which is the same or larger than most Santa Fe hotel standard room sizes. We also offer a variety of upgraded room types and suites, which range from 365 to 2,000 square feet. Thank you for your feedback, please rest assured that we will use it as a tool to improve.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Should have been told when making reservations that the hotel was under renovations.. The noise level in our room in the afternoon was unacceptable. Came back second afternoon only to find the noise was worse. Also workmen had been allowed into our room without our knowledge. They left a hole in the bathroom ceiling and pipes on the floor. Finally convinced them to give us another room.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear joan h,

Please accept my genuine apologies that you were disturbed by noise during your stay. We are currently in the process of updating our bathrooms, and did not anticipate that there would be a large degree of noise during the dates of your stay, otherwise we would have notified you in advance. With regard to the pipes in your bathroom, we attempted to reach out to you to inform you that we were needing to access your room for an isolated plumbing emergency. When unsuccessful, we had no choice but to enter to address the situation. Please rest assured that this was uniformed hotel staff only in your room. Again, I apologize for this disruption and am glad to hear the staff assisted with a prompt room move upon your return. It is our hopes that you will return in the future to experience our brand new room product. Thank you for your feedback.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Great room
little pricey and one had to pay for internet too
quiet in the evenings
very nice rooms
helpful staff

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear MDonvacation,

Thank you for staying with us recently and providing feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation and the helpful staff. We do offer all guests complimentary wireless internet. However, if you require a speed of 4.5KB or more, there is a daily charge for internet. Most guests find that the speed offered on a complimentary basis is more than sufficient for their needs. Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Santa Fe!
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We reserved this hotel months in advance. Requested two beds in each room. Check in was poor. Front desk person was very unfriendly. They said they only had king beds left at check in. Finally found us two rooms with the beds we requested. Room were very over priced! Parking was $22.00 a day. My husband had flowers delivered to the hotel to be in my room on arrival for my birthday. I didn't get them as they were delivered to someone else's room. Had he not questioned me about them the next morning, I wouldn't have gotten them.That night we got a note under our door that the water in the hotel would be shut off for about 6 hours the next few days for renovations.
We asked to not be held to our reservation and as we checked out the following morning, I asked about my flowers which they proceeded to tell me they had would try to find. They didn't apologize. They did let us out of the reservation without a penalty.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear scurtis27,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your unpleasant expereince. I am disappointed that I did not get a chance to speak to you directly rearding your concerns before you left. I will be sharing your comments with the Front Desk staff and we will use your feedback to improve. We are putting the finishing touches on the completion of a room remodel, which will yield a beautiful and brand new product. It is our hope that you will return in the future to see our finished rooms and afford us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. I will be attempting to reach out to you directly as well. Again, thank you for your candid feedback.
near albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Recently stayed at the Eldorado; the hotel was lovely. Rates were very reasonable for Santa Fe: avg. of $170/night). Check-in was simple; my room was spotless and well appointed. (There was a little bit of a mix-up with the reservation, but the hotel staff took care of the problem immediately. They even put a 'rush' on my room so it would be ready for check-in earlier.) The bed was extremely comfortable with crisp, clean linens. The bathroom was spotless with a nice marble vanity; the supplied toiletries were nice. Only complaint: the shower, though also spotless, felt small/narrow. Towels were fluffy. Room had a nice view of the area mountains. The room was quiet; couldn't hear the neighbors. (FYI: The light in the bathroom is NOT attached to a fan, so you can leave a light on if you have kids.) The hotel is so close to the square, maybe a 2 min. walk. The concierge was very helpful with dinner suggestions; we had dinner at the Ore House at Milagro. It is located just a block from the hotel (on the same street) and the food was terrific. The breakfast at the hotel was also very good. (One morning we drove to Harry's Roadhouse for breakfast which was great; the line was quite long on a Sunday morning but worth the wait.) The $22/night for valet parking is expensive but the service was quick and efficient, the drivers were polite and helpful. In fact, all staff members we encountered at the hotel were excellent. I had to leave the hotel at 4am and the hotel made sure my car was parked out front and check-out was quick and simple. I would certainly stay here again and definitely would recommend it. Did not have time to visit the spa.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear upstatefarm,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to outline the spotless room, great service, and wonderful amenities. To address your comment on the shower, we are in the process of updating our bathrooms, and you can expect a brand new shower upon your next stay. Also, our valet parking fee is competitive with local area hotels, and I am glad to hear that your service experience justified the cost. Thank you, again, for your wonderful feedback. To enhance your experience during your next visit, please be sure to visit our amazing Spa, where we have over 30 treatments to select from, including our Signature Services, based on indigenous ingredients.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Eldorado is perfectly situated across from the Georgia O'Keefe Museum and at the beginning of your stroll to an incredible assortment of shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe such a magical place. The rooms are quite comfortable and attractive. We had a slight issue with a noisy toilet, but maintenance promptly took care of it in 5 minutes. The breakfast is absolutely amazing! Aside from a sumptuous fare of fresh fruit, waffles, sausage made to order omletes and such, they have the absolute best housemade granola I have EVER had. The dining room and bar are tastefully designed and make for a pleasant venue. The staff at the restaurant and front desk from guest services to the concierge are very informed and helpful. I could not have been more pleased with my stay. Thank you for exceeding our expectations for me and my high school girl friend from Honolulu as we connected for our bi-annual getaway from our spouses.

Dear Michele D,

We agree, Santa Fe is a magical place! I am delighted to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves on being informed, helpful, and responsive to guest needs. We are also very proud of our Executive Chef, who is extremely passionate about what he does. I will share your review with the staff and rest assured, upon your next stay with us, you will receive the same great treatment all around. Thank you