“A Honeymoon we'll never forget!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Moorestown, New Jersey
“A Honeymoon we'll never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My wife and I had researched and investigated many hotels throughout Santa Fe for over a month and decided to settle on staying at the Eldorado for our Honeymoon. We were not disappointed! From our first entrance into the hotel, and the greeting we received by Carrie, one of the front desk clerks at the Eldorado, we were graciously welcomed, and made to feel like we were royalty. Carrie gave us so many great suggestions that made our vacation so carefree. Our room was on the 5th floor, and had a balcony and fantastic view of the city, and surrounding mountains. We also had a kiva fireplace in our room. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The shower was splendid with polished granite surroundings. When we opened the door, we were greeted with complimentary chocolates, and a bottle of chilled champagne. We don’t drink alcohol, and so they promptly substituted the champagne for sparkling cider. We had turndown service every night at the hotel. They really care about you at the Eldorado. We did not eat at the Old House, but did order room service on our last night. Our cheeseburgers were sufficiently ample and delicious, along with the sweet potato fries and cheesecake for dessert, and the bill was not exorbitant at all. Yes, the hotel is not on the plaza, but it is only 3 short blocks away, and I strongly recommend that you don’t stay in the plaza area because of the noise, and the traffic due to certain streets being blocked off at certain times. Access in and out of the Eldorado was perfect! It was close enough to the plaza to be convenient, but far enough away that you don’t get caught in the hustle and bustle of crowds. The rooftop pool is fantastic, and is a salt-water pool. The Jacuzzi is also on the rooftop and is also great. The Nidah Spa was fantastic! I received a deep-tissue massage, while my wife received a facial, manicure and pedicure. The staff were extremely professional and proficient. We will certainly stay at the Eldorado whenever in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor towards the plaza are the cats meow!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We once again loved our stay at El Dorado! Everything from the service to the accomodations were wonderful! The check-in was simple and quick. Room was
clean and very comfortable. House keeping did a great job every day. I was treated to another massage and I have to say it is the best I have ever experienced. I have had massages locally and at resorts where we have stayed. None can match the Nidah Spa. Their people are obviously highly trained. We had room service several times, it was prompt and the food was very good. The valet attendants were professional, friendly and very prompt. We used the fitness center daily and if there is anything of a negative nature I would have to say the equipment could use some attention in cleaning and servicing.

I hope all the staff at El Dorado will be given a positive congratulations on how great they made our stay!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of friends who had stayed here
in the past. It was a huge disappointment. It is obvious that the Eldorado haslong passed it hayday. The rooms are worn with chipped furmiture and tattered carpet.
We dined at the Old House and while the service was just OK, we waityed for 45 minutes for our COLD food. We complained to the restaurant manager and he was very curt and uncaring. Needless to say we will never stay at this hotel again nor will we recommend it to even our worst enemy

Room Tip: Say at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CoolTrip101, General Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. I apologize that your food was cold and I’m surprised to hear that you felt that our management was uncaring. I hope that we’ll have the opportunity to do a better job next time or that your next trip is a more enjoyable one.
poppy36
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Just got back and and had a great time. The hotel is really nice and conveniently located right downtown Santa Fe. Loved Santa Fe. The overall character and charm of this hotel is perfect, adobe spanish style. It made us feel like we were in a foreign country, but we never left the U.S. The first night we ate in their dining room, I think it was called the Old House and the food was amazing, the best I have experienced in a very long time at a hotel restaurant. I am a bit of a foodie, so the food is an important part of my hotel experience. Rooms were a little small, but very comfortable with a view of old town. I would definitely stay there again and stay longer next time. This trip was four nights.

One day it was beautiful and sunny in the morning and by afternoon it poured down rain, then by early evening it cleared back up and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset. The rain didn't affect the enjoyment of the visit at all, we just tucked into shops, cafes and churches and continued along our journey. A truly amazing trip.

Room Tip: I was there on business and everyone loved their rooms. Only drawback was there were no balconies...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
cloudcroft nm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had stayed at the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe before, so it was the first place we went to for a return visit. I had checked out their prices online and they had a room internet price. I did not have time to book it, and thought that we could get the same deal "in person". We checked at the front desk, and they said that they would not honor that rate and quoted a much higher rate. I guess I could have gotten on my computer right there and booked it, but there are many hotels to choose from, and usually the customer is "king". Not at this hotel. So they let us leave for a $20 difference...

So we went down the street to the Hilton and had a great front desk experience, great rate, great room and found us a new hotel!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, we opted to give this hotel a try. I usually stay at either Anasazi or Inn at Loretto. I will never stay at Eldorado again. Neither will the other guests in my party with our conference. The front desk staff were so unprofessional that if they were my employees, I would fire them on the spot. I asked to speak to the manager and waited 20 minutes. He never showed up. The restaurant in the hotel was supposed to be one of the finest in Santa Fe and it ended up being the worst meal of our 4 night stay. The steaks were tough, the service pitiful, the flatware was dirty, need I say more?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CoolTrip101, General Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please accept my apologies for the problems experienced with the Front Desk staff and for the fact that you waited 20 minutes to see a Manager who did not show up. I would also like to apologize for the problems experienced in the Old House Restaurant. These issues have been shared with management. We hope that you visit us in the future to prove that staying at the Eldorado Hotel & Spa can be an enjoyable experience exceeding your expectations.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We spent three nights at the El Dorado. We had a corner room. The room was clean and well appointed. Comforters on the beds. We used the exercise room and it was also clean, the machines all worked, and it wasn't crowded when we were there. We did not eat in the restaurant or use the spa. This hotel is only a couple of blocks off the old Plaza and perfectly situated for walking around the old town. We went to the Santa Fe Opera twice and our shuttle picked us up right at the hotel. The parking is Valet only and $22 per night, which is somewhat expensive, but they were efficient and prompt.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if possible--puts you at the end of the hall, but is quiet and away from other...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eldorado Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!