“Great Value - Super Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Need a Santa Fe Getaway?
Ranked #23 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Stockbridge, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Value - Super Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at this very comfortable establishment. The morning breakfast had hot items. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The driver on the shuttle bus - which we used two times to go into town - was very accommodating.
If we ever get back to New Mexico we definitely will reserve time at the Sage Inn.
An added feature - the grocery store next to the Inn (I think it was a Whole Foods Store?) - had a lovely hot and cold cafeteria line. You could eat at the store or take it out to your room for a relaxing meal after a long day of siteseeing.
Several good restaurants were also within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It is so nice to hear that The Sage Inn lived up to your expectations. We will look forward to seeing you again.

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived quite late at night from our road trip, and feel disappointed by the receptionist's response when we asked politely whether we can have a double bed instead of king bed..All that she said, "all room are fully booked today" without even looking at us..We were tired, with 2 sleepy children, so that's not the response that we've expected.

When we looked at the room, it's another major disappointment, for the price that we paid compare to other places that we've stayed in previous cities on our road trip, the room is super small, old, there's a chair that is so stiff that we don't know why they put it in this tiny room, bathroom is small, no many choices in TV cable, on top of that the internet is super slow.

In the morning, we passed few cleaning staffs, and none of them are smiling back when we smile at them..they just like ignore you! Breakfast was free and ok, standard one. Also, in my itinerary it should say free parking, but we need to pay 5 dollar..we don't want to complain at that time because we were too tired. It's a near location though if you want to go the plaza. I would prefer to stay in other hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. Certainly the issues that you had with your stay are quite concerning to the management team. I would like to take the time to speak with you personally in an effort to make things right. Our main goal at The Santa Fe Sage Inn is excellent customer service. Unfortunately, it seems that our staff did not live up to its full potential during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that we work with our staff regularly to train them to exceed our guest expectations and I know that you will have a better stay if you choose to give us another chance. If you would like to contact me personally please call the hotel at 505-982-5952 or reach me through email at danielle@santafesageinn.com
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there on a voucher purchased from Living Social which in itself was a good deal for a Santa Fe hotel. But I was charged $69 in taxes & fees for 2 nights. That seems a little high. Had to leave a day early due to sick kid & they would not reimburse one night of my taxes & fees. Rooms are very small. Parking is tight. Location is hard to get out of unless you just want to go to the plaza. Bathtub had mold in it. Pretty noisy. We could hear the people walking above us late into the night & early morning. Floors upstairs must be very "creaky." Woke us up:( No ice or vending in our building. Had to walk (thru icy parking lot) to get ice from another building.

• Stayed March 2013
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had to leave early. It is our policy to take the taxes on promotions at the time of check-in. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a miscommunication upon check out. Due to the circumstances your taxes for the night you did not stay should have been refunded. Please contact me directly at 505-982-5952. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and credit your account as necessary.
I would also invite you to come back to The Sage Inn in the spring or summer when Santa Fe blooms. While our parking lot may have been quite crowded during your stay with us it is one of the largest parking lots downtown. We encourage our guests to leave the car on property and enjoy our free hourly shuttle to the plaza.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Sage Inn and will return when we are in Santa Fe. The excellent, friendly, and helpful staff made us feel at home. Danielle Auckerman, Director of Guest Services and other members of the staff, "Ducky," Shawn, and Grant deserve shoutouts. We especially appreciated the gratis shuttle service to downtown. It operates every hour and picks up from the drop off place. We thought it was an excellent value.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so for your kind review. It was certainly our pleasure to serve you. We are so glad that you choose The Sage Inn as your Santa Fe home away from home. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights here because of a Living Social coupon. I made reservations since they received 4 stars on Trip Advisor. This is a motel setting. The rooms were clean but small with no amenities. The breakfast was the usual fair of cereal and waffles. Staff were friendly and efficient. We were able to bring our dog and they gave us a room in the back closer to a small park. Exercise room was very small as well. The best part was the location. Close to downtown and Canyon Road. We were able to walk to a good restaurant for dinner. We would return knowing now that the rooms were small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at The Santa Fe Sage Inn. I am so glad the location worked for you and that we were happily able to accommodate your dog. We appreciate your stay with us and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

They first double charge me and when I speak to a manger her tells me to just wait till it rolls off in the next 10 days and he basicly did not want to help, I could not believe my ears!! Then I call to ask for wifi code and they tell me that its on the card room holder ma'am!!!! Very rude meanor, and so on. this is the worst service I have ever experienced from a stay in my life!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your most recent stay with us. I apologize if there were any issues with the charges to your credit card. Please note that it is the policy of the hotel to take an authorization on the card at the time of check in for all of our guests. This ensures accurate and timely payment for our rooms. At The Santa Fe Sage Inn it is our goal to make sure that all of our customers enjoy their stay. Again I apologize if we did not live up to your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about this matter. Please call me at 505-982-5952.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Good Price, Satisfactory Breakfast. It is not a super fancy, but you get a very clean room. The staff was friendly. Great location, close to the rail yard. About a 15 min. walk to the plaza. Whole Foods is right down the street which was helpful as we were on a budget and couldn't eat out for every meal. Affordable weekend trip on the rail runner. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Santa Fe Sage Inn? Share your experiences!