“A bit shabby” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Delaware, Ohio
“A bit shabby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is adequate, but they are very stingy with linens. Two bath towels, no hand towels or wash cloths. The continental breakfast is so-so but they do have the self serve waffle makers I like so much. I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2012

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

best beds
Wholefood next door
Safe Walkable stroll to town
Bus stop 1 block away
Great breakfast with loads of seating and space
Front desk staff were more then helpful - we were stranded due to Hurricane Sandy & the free internet computers in lobby & helpful staff, helped me navigate another itinerary .
I have travelled the world & stayed in 5 to 1 star hotels & this hotel was perfect.
I paid $ 78 a night with breakfast!!
Spotless Bathroom

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
the west
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose the Sage Inn based on other Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The room was clean and comfy though not large. Very friendly and helpful staff and the free shuttle to and from the Plaza saves you over $10 a day. Plus you get a little "tour guide" type information on the way. A very inviting and convenient facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is so great when a guest can read other guest comments and be confident in their booking with us. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through Santa Fe.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Santa Fe Sage Inn was recommended to me when I stopped at the rest area on 25 halfway between ABQ and S.F. Easy checkin and Diana couldn't have been more helpful. Wanted to walk to a restaurant for dinner, and she gave me the names of several that she thought were very good. The room was nicely appointed and noise level was very low. The young woman on the morning shift, didn't get her name, was very helpful in recommending a good breakfast place, also within walking distance. Just a nibble at the Inn's breakfast room, I wanted to save my appetite for a traditional New Mexican style red and green chiles breakfast. Price of my room was on the low end of the rate range of motels/hotels I've stayed in over the last three months, so quite pleased. Next time in Santa Fe for overnight I'd definitely stay at the Sage Inn!

Room Tip: I don't mind the exercise of walking upstairs, so chose the second level also with the thought i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I am so happy to hear that The Sage Inn was a great part of your first visit to Santa Fe. I hope that you will come back to visit us time after time. Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review.
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Close to plaza and railroad station. Excellent location if you like to walk and
explore. Good continental breakfast. Complimentary van to and from plaza.
Will be staying there again soon. Great staff!

Room Tip: Upper floor quiter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked the Santa Fe Sage Inn because it was reasonably priced and was so close to the train station we could walk. The hotel staff was wonderful, and the shuttle took us downtown and picked us up so we didn't need a vehicle to see Santa Fe. We booked the place again on the way back from Taos to Albuquerque because the stay was so pleasant. Fairly standard rooms, no fridge, but there are laundry facilities and an exercise room available, as well as access to a couple of computers with printers. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel staff was super. Check-in & out very easy. We were offered a room upstairs or on the ground level. I asked what was the difference, besides the obvious. "Upstairs is quieter; downstairs is convenient but noisier." We chose ground level, as there is no elevator in this very traditional motel lay-out. Now I can interpret the answer. Every step by someone in a room above yours can be heard in a ground level room. The floors squeak like an old house; not too bad if the upstairs guests hit the hay at a reasonable hour. But it was very convenient to pull our car up four feet from the room door.
I will always be grateful to the fellow at the front desk on the night of 10-29-12. I brought my husband back to the motel after a hospital ER visit. He needed to eat something, but I didn't want to leave him to go to the grocery, even the adjacent Whole Foods. (WF was closed at this hour anyway.) After I explained the situation, the desk clerk told me to take anything I wanted from the breakfast foods that were stored behind the serving area. I wish I knew his name to thank him properly.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs for quiet -- no noise from a room above. Choose ground level for convenience and ea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Santa Fe Sage Inn? Share your experiences!