“Nice,convenient and clean.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Greeley, Colorado
“Nice,convenient and clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Close to plaza and railroad station. Excellent location if you like to walk and
explore. Good continental breakfast. Complimentary van to and from plaza.
Will be staying there again soon. Great staff!

Room Tip: Upper floor quiter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked the Santa Fe Sage Inn because it was reasonably priced and was so close to the train station we could walk. The hotel staff was wonderful, and the shuttle took us downtown and picked us up so we didn't need a vehicle to see Santa Fe. We booked the place again on the way back from Taos to Albuquerque because the stay was so pleasant. Fairly standard rooms, no fridge, but there are laundry facilities and an exercise room available, as well as access to a couple of computers with printers. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel staff was super. Check-in & out very easy. We were offered a room upstairs or on the ground level. I asked what was the difference, besides the obvious. "Upstairs is quieter; downstairs is convenient but noisier." We chose ground level, as there is no elevator in this very traditional motel lay-out. Now I can interpret the answer. Every step by someone in a room above yours can be heard in a ground level room. The floors squeak like an old house; not too bad if the upstairs guests hit the hay at a reasonable hour. But it was very convenient to pull our car up four feet from the room door.
I will always be grateful to the fellow at the front desk on the night of 10-29-12. I brought my husband back to the motel after a hospital ER visit. He needed to eat something, but I didn't want to leave him to go to the grocery, even the adjacent Whole Foods. (WF was closed at this hour anyway.) After I explained the situation, the desk clerk told me to take anything I wanted from the breakfast foods that were stored behind the serving area. I wish I knew his name to thank him properly.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs for quiet -- no noise from a room above. Choose ground level for convenience and ea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Any closer to the Plaza and you will pay at least two or three times the price. Would have rated it 'Excellent' if the rooms had a small refrigerator and microwave. Nice continental breakfast. Wifi plus a couple of workstations for use in the lobby if you did not bring a laptop or pad with wireless. Solid, quite clean rooms. Super friendly and helpful staff. The ice machine was broken near my room and when I mentioned it to one of their staff he took my bucket and literally ran to get ice from another machine. (The ice machine was working the next day.) Walking distance to the Plaza and Whole Foods where I could smell the chile roasting. Best of all its a very short walk to my favorite New Mexican restaurant, La Choza, which is owned and operated by the same people as The Shed. La Choza has real New Mexican food and atmosphere with good prices. Try the Carne Adovada anything or the Green Chile Clam Chowder (Yep. That's right. Clam Chowder.) Reservations strongly recommended for dinner, especially for the patio. So for your Santa Fe visit base you have a great place to stay and a great place to eat. What are you waiting for?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night this past week for business. Hotel check-in was a breeze. The staff was very friendly. The cucumber-infused water was a nice touch after driving all day. They charged $15 for my dog, but there were no breed or weight restrictions and I feel that is a reasonable rate.

The room was lower-level and convenient to the very small park across and behind the hotel. There is some foot traffic through the hotel though due to it's location, at times I wasn't sure who all these strangers were walking around the hotel grounds. Even though my stay was safe, I felt it best to remain on-guard and alert, keep the car locked and valuables out of sight.

The hotel is conveniently located right next door to Whole Foods- I really liked that for access to food with no driving required.

Wifi worked great for me, no issues at all. The bed had a nice blanket that you could tell got washed after every visit. It's about time more hotels got away from the old-school bedspreads that only get washed once per month or even less...

The sheet quality and firmness of the bed left something to be desired, and the pillows were too puffy. At least they were somewhat new.

The bathroom was clean and the towels were good. I like that the hotel uses traditional lighting versus the cheap CFLs that cause headaches.

Breakfast was traditional hotel continental- messy waffle machines, watered down coffee, powdered creamer, muffins full of gluten and unripe bananas- not my thing...

You could hear a bit of traffic as the hotel is located close to the heart of Santa Fe, but it was relatively quiet at night. I can't say I would stay here for leisure, but for business this hotel serves it's purpose just fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

plumbing not good, toilet dripping ,computer service not good. Some of the staff had a attitude problem. Area was good walking distance to down town. During breakfast the water machine never had water was always out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Danielle211, Director of Guest Services at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize to you as it is obvious we did not live up to your expectations. I would like to let you know that in the past few weeks we have upgraded our internet capability and it is working quite well for our guests. Also, the water machine has been checked and is working properly at this time. Again I thank you for your time and I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your stay. Please call me directly at 505-982-5952 ext 7305.
DeForest, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The staff at this motel have been wonderful and helpful at every turn. They go out of their way to be friendly and prompt. The rooms are clean, nothing special but fine. The internet connection has been spotty and frustrating. The breakfast is average for a free motel breakfast: fresh waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, juice. The location is great; 15 minute walk to the plaza. I'd stay here again if I needed a reasonable, convenient motel.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter, I'm told.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Santa Fe Sage Inn? Share your experiences!