“Visiting relatives” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Upland, California
“Visiting relatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is centrally located in Santa Fe, about 4 to 5 miles from the plaza, to hiking trails, outlets and highways. I agree with some of the other reviews that the AC was noisy. Breakfast was good for 1 or 2 days, but got old after that. We had a very large room, but was very far from lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Matthew H, Corporate Trainer at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location in Santa Fe. I will make sure that to address the loud air conditioner with our maintenance department. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bishop
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Best Western was pretty clean. That said, there were very strong unpleasant odors in the three rooms we tried staying in. I hope it was because they just shampooed the rugs and they weren't dry yet. Whatever the reason, I was unhappy and so ready to get out of there. The staff did what they could to accommodate us and they get high points for that but after the third room I just gave up. The housekeeping staff has their carts in the main hall to the rooms making it difficult to bring your luggage in. Older hotel so expect cramped quarters in the bathroom.
Beds were comfortable and I think I would have slept well had it not been for the odor that kept awakening me.

Room Tip: Not near housekeeping on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us here. It is unfortunate that you were so ready to leave. I am sorry that there was such a strong odor in your room. I will make sure to be addressing this with our housekeeping department. I am glad that our staff did what they could to accommodate you during your stay. On behalf of all us I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here with us, hopefully you will try us again.
Wenatchee, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Average aging hotel. Rather droll in decor, visible worn spots around hotel. Only one elevator, room so small I could not get the luggage carries into all way so I had to hand luggage to my wife to load and unload our luggage. Breakfast area very small but food adequate.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Matthew H, Coporate Trainer at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We appreciate your comments about our hotel. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

AC was noisy, breakfast was dull. Staff was very helpful and nice. Fitness room needs some work. Decor was nice. Room was a little small but was decorated nice. Above average stay at a pretty good place

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay here with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe. I am sorry that your air conditioner was noisy. I will make sure to have our maintenance department look into this. We appreciate the feedback you gave about the breakfast and fitness room. I am glad that the staff was nice and helpful; it is always our pleasure to be of assistance whenever we can.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

a good hotel to stay in with goog facilities but be carefull the free animals means that annimals are alloewd in at no extra cost which means that animalls are alloew in the rooms and altouhgh the hotel was very accomodating and no problems where encountered a dog was in the room next to us If not allergic to animals by all means this is an excellent hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you taking the time to let us know about your stay here in Santa Fe. I am happy to read that you thought we are a good hotel with good facilities. I am sorry that you misunderstood our pet acceptance policy, but glad that there was not any problems with neighboring dog. It is true that we do allow our guests’ four legged friends to stay with us at no additional cost. Thank you again for the review.
Stephenville, Tx, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel was in a great location and the beds were comfortable. However I will never stay here again because there was alot of noise above my room and in the halls with kids running and etc. When I went to complain there was a call made to the above room I assume but was told it was the 4th of July and they were paying guests just like me. We had reservations for 5 months in advance but the room was not ready for that number. Musty odor smell that would come and go. Breakfast ok.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Matthew H, Corporate Trainer at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us in Santa Fe. I am glad that you found our beds comfortable and that you found us to be in a convenient location. On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize. I am sorry that we did not have the sheets/blankets in the closet of the room for the fold out couch. I am glad that we were able to get them to you so promptly. Thank you for letting us know about the odor in the room, I will have our maintenance department look into this matter. I do apologize that we did not handle the noise complaint fully. We will remind our desk associates in regards to the proper procedures on how to handle noise complaints. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We checked in July 4th, 2014 and stayed one night. Each an every front desk staff member we encountered was was very friendly and helpful, allowing us to leave our bikes in the front office instead of having to haul them upstairs to the second floor. The room was a little dated, but resonably priced and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel and kind words about the staff. We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that we were able to store you bikes here in our office so you didn’t have to haul them upstairs. It was our pleasure to help and hope that you will come see us again the next time you are in Santa Fe.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe? Share your experiences!