“Stay clear of this Best Western - it doesn't deserve the brand” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Stay clear of this Best Western - it doesn't deserve the brand”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Really a small and poorly situated hotel. Even finding your room in confusing because the building is odd on one side and even on the other. We told the desk clerk, who isn't actually ever at the desk, that the elevator and hallways needed to be cleaned. Stay some where else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Georges,

Thank you for submitting your review here on Trip Advisor. I apologize we were unable to meet your expectations. I do share these reviews with my staff and our goal is to continue to improve. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a lovely stay at this Santa Fe Best Western. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay a good one. It is also a very biker friendly hotel and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sandra T,

Thank you so much for such a kind review. We love this time of year to see the variety of motorcycles that come through Santa Fe. I hope you received your gift at the front desk at check in. We also plan on providing a bike washing station. Thank you again for your patronage and we do hope to see you again.
Amarillo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

When we travel on vacation we look first for Best Western. We don't expect luxury accommodations in our preferred price range - what we get with BW is consistency in value. This one is above the mark in quality and we were pleased with our stay. Some rooms may have bigger bathrooms than the one we got - we'll have to ask about that next time. The pool was clean and not overly chemical treated like some that you run into on the road. Location is a bit of a drive from the downtown square - but there is plenty of good food nearby and Cerillos is a main thoroughfare.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brandy,

Thank you so much for submitting your review. We work very hard to meet and exceed all of our guest's expectations. We do hope that you will visit again in the future and consider staying with us again. Have a wonderful summer.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is the most beautiful hotel I've stayed in in my life and I do travel a lot. We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in the middle of May and we're so glad we did! Even my husband was insisting that I take many pictures of inside the hotel, the room, the lobby and everything. And what is funny is that he usually says I take too many pictures and now he wanted me to take more! So, I'll include my pictures here, of course.

Apart from being beautiful, I really liked my room. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The wifi worked really well, the TV did too, the only technical problem that we had was that we didn't get our wake-up call on the first morning. But when I told the receptionist about the problem, she took the matter very seriously. In the evening, she made of practice of wake-up call with me in the room just to make sure that it worked. She put a lot of time in it and make sure everything was OK.

There was also a computer for the guests that we could use in the beautiful lobby and it worked really well (it is not the case in all hotels...). The hotel was really quiet and we slept really well. I see that some reviewers talk about the noise from the road but we didn't have a problem with that because our room was very far from the road.

We loved the breakfast room with the large tables. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold items. You have the usual waffle machine and you also have choices such as yogourts and fresh fruit if you are on a diet. Unfortunately, we were too tired to try the swimming pool, the hot pot and the fitness center but they looked very inviting.

The location is not at a walking distance from downtown but I would say that you get there in about 10 minutes by car and you can get a free parking all day at the Tourist Info center when you visit downtown.

Cerillos Road has very wood sidewalks if you want to walk to restaurants from the hotel. You can walk to restaurants like Olive Garden, Starbucks Cafe, Burger King, Blue Corn Cafe Brewery (that I highly recommend!).

For that beautiful hotel, we paid only $90 per night, taxes included. It was in a middle of May and my AAA-CAA discount is included. I'm a new Best Western Rewards member, so I booked directly through Best Western.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a nice response to your recent stay. My staff and I always enjoy reading these reviews and i am so pleased we were able to impact you in such a positive way. I hope you had a nice visit in our beautiful city and that you return again very soon.
Redding, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love Best Western. You can always count on them for good customer service that is consistent. The rooms were clean and the service was great! Breakfast is always fresh with a variety of food choices.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Carla B,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe for your lodging needs. I realize there are many choices and was so pleased to read your review. My staff and I work very hard to exceed expectations. Please consider us again in the future and I do hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city.
phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Bed was not comfortable; way too soft for my husband and myself. No assistance in the breakfast room. Breakfast ok. Room was clean. The air conditional was very noisy! Good location; close to downtown and shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Kathy B,

Thank you Kathy for taking the time to post a review. While I was pleased at your ratings for our property, I have spoken with my breakfast staff about increased interaction with our guests and making sure they are restocking items as needed. Due to the fact that our kitchen is not attached to our breakfast area it can give the perception of absence. Please consider choosing us again upon your next visit.
Loveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel to be close to family members in town. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was well stocked, with good variety and the ladies kept the food coming and the tables clean. The pool and hot tub were very enjoyable. Grandkids spent couple of nights with us and staff was very gracious about them using pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Janet G,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy you were able to spend some time with your grand kids while visiting. I am also pleased to share with my staff your kind comments. I do hope you will return to our beautiful city and please consider returning to the Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe? Share your experiences!