“the most beautiful hotel in my life” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Quebec City, Canada
“the most beautiful hotel in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is the most beautiful hotel I've stayed in in my life and I do travel a lot. We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in the middle of May and we're so glad we did! Even my husband was insisting that I take many pictures of inside the hotel, the room, the lobby and everything. And what is funny is that he usually says I take too many pictures and now he wanted me to take more! So, I'll include my pictures here, of course.

Apart from being beautiful, I really liked my room. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The wifi worked really well, the TV did too, the only technical problem that we had was that we didn't get our wake-up call on the first morning. But when I told the receptionist about the problem, she took the matter very seriously. In the evening, she made of practice of wake-up call with me in the room just to make sure that it worked. She put a lot of time in it and make sure everything was OK.

There was also a computer for the guests that we could use in the beautiful lobby and it worked really well (it is not the case in all hotels...). The hotel was really quiet and we slept really well. I see that some reviewers talk about the noise from the road but we didn't have a problem with that because our room was very far from the road.

We loved the breakfast room with the large tables. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold items. You have the usual waffle machine and you also have choices such as yogourts and fresh fruit if you are on a diet. Unfortunately, we were too tired to try the swimming pool, the hot pot and the fitness center but they looked very inviting.

The location is not at a walking distance from downtown but I would say that you get there in about 10 minutes by car and you can get a free parking all day at the Tourist Info center when you visit downtown.

Cerillos Road has very wood sidewalks if you want to walk to restaurants from the hotel. You can walk to restaurants like Olive Garden, Starbucks Cafe, Burger King, Blue Corn Cafe Brewery (that I highly recommend!).

For that beautiful hotel, we paid only $90 per night, taxes included. It was in a middle of May and my AAA-CAA discount is included. I'm a new Best Western Rewards member, so I booked directly through Best Western.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Sarah L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a nice response to your recent stay. My staff and I always enjoy reading these reviews and i am so pleased we were able to impact you in such a positive way. I hope you had a nice visit in our beautiful city and that you return again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Redding, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love Best Western. You can always count on them for good customer service that is consistent. The rooms were clean and the service was great! Breakfast is always fresh with a variety of food choices.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Carla B,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe for your lodging needs. I realize there are many choices and was so pleased to read your review. My staff and I work very hard to exceed expectations. Please consider us again in the future and I do hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city.
phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Bed was not comfortable; way too soft for my husband and myself. No assistance in the breakfast room. Breakfast ok. Room was clean. The air conditional was very noisy! Good location; close to downtown and shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Kathy B,

Thank you Kathy for taking the time to post a review. While I was pleased at your ratings for our property, I have spoken with my breakfast staff about increased interaction with our guests and making sure they are restocking items as needed. Due to the fact that our kitchen is not attached to our breakfast area it can give the perception of absence. Please consider choosing us again upon your next visit.
Loveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel to be close to family members in town. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was well stocked, with good variety and the ladies kept the food coming and the tables clean. The pool and hot tub were very enjoyable. Grandkids spent couple of nights with us and staff was very gracious about them using pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Janet G,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy you were able to spend some time with your grand kids while visiting. I am also pleased to share with my staff your kind comments. I do hope you will return to our beautiful city and please consider returning to the Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Room was very clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast was good and plenty. Attractions no more then 10 min. away. Pet friendly, accommodating staff. If we travel back this way again, will not hesitate staying here again. Will also recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda E,

Thank you for such a kind review regarding your recent stay. We work hard to meet and exceed our guest expectations. It appears in this case we did very well. I know you have many choices in places to stay and thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of serving you. We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit.
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Santa Fe is the oldest city in the West, and many of the buildings from its origin are still standing. But in staying at this BW you feel like you're on just any other bland strip highway running through town heading into oblivion. Cerrillos Road is not an ideal location for those visiting here pursuing art or spirituality. It's a busy roadway, offering late night traffic noise, as well as occasional speed traps for exceeding 45. And the hotel staff can't seem to put up with the housekeeping demand when they have a full house. And though there are just enough parking spaces, it gets pretty tight. The front desk staff are very apologetic, but really don't know how to make the effort to correct the slack service. Maybe bring your own set of extra towels or your favorite toiletries. Don't depend on them to supply. If you do stay here, the breakfast is O,K. but the eating room is small. The lobby has a nice-sized lounge area that can take the overflow. There's also a computer for guest use, but the printer might not work. Check first. Bus #2 stops on the street front and goes to the Railyard and downtown. No need to drive to these locations. If you want to go to Museum Hill, which I recommend as a day trip, you can make the transfer downtown. Easy. There are restaurants and malls nearby the motel, but you'll probably want to drive through to see all the shopping and eateries available. the signage is somewhat lacking. The rooms are nicely decorated. But, like I said, you might be paying for service you're not going to get.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zoom,

Thank you for your recent review. I can see from your amount of reviews that you are a very seasoned traveler. I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I assure you we will continue to work hard to improve in all areas. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and submitting your review.
Dallas, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thank you for making our stay a worry free and fun adventure. We stayed in their jacuzzi suite.....it was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was the same as other hotel we've stayed....very nice with juices, coffee, toast, muffins, cereal, waffles, eggs & sausage. It would be nice if breakfast was offered to 10 am instead of just 9 on the week days. The bed was very wonderful. It was an excellent value and we would definitely stay there again. Just a note that the hotel is located approximately 10 mins drive to downtown...not a problem for us, but may be a consideration to someone else.

Dear Mary C,

A big "Thank You" for this very pleasing review. My staff and I will continue to work hard so that each and everyone of our guests has a wonderful experience. I hope you enjoyed your visit here and extend a welcome back upon your next trip.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Santa Fe? Share your experiences!