“Pool and clean rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Detroit, Michigan
“Pool and clean rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tried to stay at the silver saddle for the 2nd night in a row and they were booked. So we (2 friends and I) headed down the road to Lamp Lighter. It does not have the kitsch of the Silver Saddle or the personalized customer service. That being said, it has a 1950s layout, clean, big rooms and a great pool/hot tub. All in all a very good experience for those on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Longmont, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel looks nothing like the pictures. Don't waste your time. Rooms are in terrible need of updating. In a very strange area of town, my husband got worried about me because I was gone for more than 5 minutes to get ice. Pool smelled awful. The "gardens" are a poorly maintained strip of grass with a picnic table and a bench. We did not even stay the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Your basics are all covered here if you are looking for: a clean basic room, comfortable bed(s), indoor pool, rec room, decent continental breakfast in a middle of the town location, convenient to restaurants and a grocery store across the street. This motel is over 30 years old so don't expect a modern feel. The rooms are drafty and the heaters are strong and drying. We paid $37/night on Hotwire which is the best deal in town for what you get. It can be noisy and the pool we didn't use because there were always lots of kids. I think for families/bargain hunters it would be great while couples or anyone looking to get away would not be likely to enjoy it as much.
Staff was not too enthusiastic but the cleaning staff was very efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: The second building would give less traffic noise and would also have the warmth of the sun during t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If your looking for a place to stay with a pool consider this Inn. Would like to vent about the card we all come across in our room regarding saving the earth and towels. As someone who works in the sustainability world I find this marketing piece offensive. Any owner out there, before you try to guilt us into saving you money consider doing an energy, water, and waste audit. There was cold air rushing into our room from the bottom of the door (we place a blanket by the door). Some of the lighting was the most inefficient. Sure, we all can do our part but I place a larger responsibility on the owners of these places. Just because you place a recycling bin in the room doesn't mean your green.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burkburnett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I always read reviews....to a fault...before booking a hotel...before I buy anything. I rarely leave reviews....also a fault. I always mean too....want to....and this was such a nice surprise of a stay I had to. I'm a bargain shopper...so staying in Santa Fe for a Ski trip with our family-including my 18 yr old son and his 4 friends...a bargain was what I was expecting. We decided on the lamplighter Inn because it didn't have any glaring negative reviews...and mainly for the indoor heated pool. I thought this would be a plus for my son and his friends. We've stayed in lots of places....we travel quite a bit....and ski every spring break in either New Mexico or Colorado. This was by far one of the nicest places we've stayed. We didn't expect much....we didn't pay much. But the attention to detail was noticed. One of my biggest peeves about traveling is the smell of the room. I always travel with my scentsy to make our room smell great. Our room smelled great from the start...as soon as we opened the door it was a clean citrus fresh scent. Lovely.....Awwwwww. Everything in the room was nice and clean. But the best part of our stay was definitely the beds. They were the most comfortable beds......much better than our beds at home. My husband and I both agreed we were going bed shopping as soon as we returned from our trip. These beds were some kind of memory foam sleep wonder dreamland....IDK....but nice. Breakfast was great....hot fresh waffles with fruit and pastries. The pool area was perfect. Very large....very clean....and nice and warm. Everyone enjoyed the pool after a long day of skiing. I hope my review helps someone make a decision on where to stay....as I know how much I rely on others reviews to do the same.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just got back from staying here for 3 nights over a weekend. The room we had was average, not small and not big. It was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave and coffeemaker so it was well appointed in that way. It was in a good location, closer to Old Santa Fe than most budget hotels. The price was reasonable ($58.00 for two queen beds). The main problem was that the walls were thin and it was pretty noisy at night. Being a weekend, I could hear people talking and kids running and screaming and playing music. I found it hard to go to sleep. You could also hear water running when people in other rooms took showers, etc. The best asset was it's location. There was a nice little local coffee shop next door, and several other good restaurants close by. I think if I stayed again in Santa Fe, I would look for somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

so not ever stay here. Save your money, go elsewhere. Terrible service, no one manning the front desk. had a reservation and notified the hotel we would be checking in at 915. When we arrived at 912 we could not check in. Contacted Travelocity and got a refund for a different hotel in town.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Lamplighter Inn of Santa Fe? Share your experiences!