“Great property!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great property!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We found Villas de Santa Fe on the hotel.com and booked it at a very reasonable rate. Our stay was perfect from start to finish. Our 1 bedroom in building 2 was extremely attractive, it was perfect for our family of 3 with teenage boy, he has living room with a flat screen TV, and we had our own separate bedroom with flat screen TV too. Our fully equipped kitchen served us well. The lobby is attractive, warm and inviting. There are 2 fireplaces in opposite sitting areas, a huge flat screen television, free coffee, tea and juice, and 2 high-speed computer terminals with free Internet access.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Villas de Santa Fe last summer. We didn't spend much time in our room, but explored the area. The histoircal plaza is within walking distance. That was a nice experience, expecially the pubs that have over hangs to the plaza to view below and people watch. There are little chapels (Laurel), one with a winding staricase that does not have any nails or bolts in it. It is considered a miracle. A movie was made about it in the 70's with Sidney Portier. We took a side trip to the Tent Rock National Monument and hiked through the trails there. You have to venture onto the near by reservation to get to the trail head. We got beautiful pictures of the rock formations there. Everyday we returned to our rooms there was an odor from foods from the previous guests. I don't know how they can eliminate that problem, but other then that it was a very nice week in Santa Fe. The suites are smaller then most of the Diamond Resorts.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We found this property on the internet and booked it at a very reasonable rate. It is part of the Diamond Resorts network, of which we are not members. We were just looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary. The lobby was very inviting and the desk clerks courteous and helpful. Everything in our suite was clean and inviting. The kitchen has a two-burner stove, refrigerator and microwave oven. However, don't plan on doing any baking as there isn't a regular oven. Also, you would need to bring every ingredient you think you will need for anything you might want to cook, but there is a large chain grocery store just a couple blocks away. We took advantage of the shuttle service on one of our outings, but as mentioned in other reviews, it is an easy walk to the Plaza if you're in the mood. The website mentions an outdoor pool and hottub, but we weren't sure if the pool would be open this time of year. Turns out, it is a heated pool which is open year round. One thing that could pose a problem; there are not very many parking spaces and they are very small. We always found a space, but it was challenging a couple of times. The only reason we probably won't be staying here again is that now we've seen Santa Fe and would rather go somewhere we've not been before next time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Green Valley AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed her during the week of March 8th. The staff was friendly. The rooms were updated recently clean and fully stocked. The whole stay there was great. I just wanted to mention they offer a schuttle for travel within three miles of the property and each of the staff who drove us was knowledgeable of the area and a real plus. A great place to stay!
Charles Weber

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
the world at large
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Several months since a stay at the Villas de Santa Fe. It was fine. What I am not fine with is that my personal information is not being used for telemarketing phone calls late at night. They had my name, my phone number and the period of time I stayed at the Villas.

This was not the resort, they identified themselves as a MARKETING COMPANY. I have no idea how much of my personal information was given, sold, released to a third party. I was not informed that this was going to happen when I checked in.

I called them - oh yes mam. We do this to everyone.

COLOR ME UNHAPPY !!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Belleville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 7-day stay at the Villas de Santa Fe (December 20th-28th). We are owners of this timeshare property, having bought back in 1998; however this was only our 3rd trip to Santa Fe in so many years. In general, our stay was perfect from start to finish and among the best stays I have ever had at a timeshare property.

Although somewhat early, our check-in was easy, no hassles, no problems. The front desk gal was helpful and informative, supplying us with all the required documents and lots of useful information. While almost all of the units have been recently upgraded and refurbished, the lobby is as I remember it. The lobby is attractive, cozy, extremely clean, warm and inviting. There are 2 fireplaces in opposite sitting areas, a huge flat screen television, lots of helpful literature in the little library, information about the facility's shuttle, coffee-tea-juice on a 24 hr basis, and 2 high-speed computer terminals with free Internet access. There is an a nice fitness center right off the lobby, a small game room with a pool table, various private sitting areas and laundry facilities (which I used once...great prices...$1.25 for a wash/$1.25 for 45 minutes drying).

Our unit in building 2 was phenomenal...totally redone in tasteful southwestern style and extremely attractive. Our fully equipped kitchen served us well, as we usually ate a late breakfast or early lunch in our unit, reserving meals out for dinner time. Our FULLY EQUIPPED kitchen had all new Cuisinart appliances including this cool coffee maker that holds the coffee without the need for a carafe, a toaster, a huge blender, etc, etc. Facing the courtyard, our 3rd floor unit had a nice view and a patio with 2 chairs (off the bedroom...big French-style glass doors). While most hotel heating/AC units trouble me, I felt very comfortable at all times with the heating and ventilation in our unit. Our bedroom was LARGE with a HUGE king-sized bed...very comfortable, a separate dressing area and a large bathroom. There was MORE than ample closet, armoire, dresser space. Our unit had 2 flat screen televisions (1 in the bedroom/1 in the living room). We received housekeeping services mid-week and the unit was cleaned beyond perfection-spotless (I am pretty fussy about cleanliness)! My husband and I never once needed anything...all supplies and services were cheerfully provided! While others mentioned parking difficulties, we never had trouble parking at the facility and were always able to find a spot right near our unit.

One thing I love MOST about this property is its location. In a residential area just off the Paseo de Paralta and Guadalupe Street, the property is roughly a 10 minute walk to Santa Fe's historic plaza & center of town. This property has PERFECT access to just about everything. Villas de Santa Fe is just minutes from the north route to Taos (St. Francis Blvd), Interstate Rte 25 (highway to Albuquerque & the Airport), Canyon Road, Georgia O'Keefe Museum, all the historical churches, retail shopping, boutique shopping, MULTIPLE restaurants, public parks, galleries, churches, etc. Given how Santa Fe has grown, there are MORE than ample retail stores in the area including a Farmer's Market and Albertson's, which is New Mexico's major supermarket chain. My husband and I rented a car for 7 days because we were interested in exploring the local neighborhoods and the local real estate; however it is more than do-able to stay at this property without having access to a vehicle. The property's van shuttle gladly transported folks all around town (I believe within a 4 mile radius) including up to Canyon Road and to the Historic Plaza on Christmas Eve for the famous lighting of the farolitos or luminaire.

What more can be said? If you'd like, please email for additional information. Having not been a big fan of Santa Fe in the past, I had such a relaxing holiday, my husband and I plan on returning to the Villas de Santa Fe for Albuquerque's Annual Balloon Festival in October 2010. Stay at this property without hesitation...you will not be disappointed...it is GREAT!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

The room was well-appointed, classy, clean. Bed very comfortable. Kitchen had everything we needed for our week stay (though an oven and a cutting board would have been of help). We didn't interact much with staff, but when we did they were friendly and helpful. Hot tub was nice. We got lucky and got a room with a balcony. It was quiet and peaceful in our room. The only negatives were that the hotel doesn't recycle. It know it's hard in Santa Fe, apparently harder for commercial accounts according to the hotel, but the Whole Foods store manages to recycle so I'm guessing it's possible. Also the interior hallways trapped smells and did not have good ventilation. We had to open our windows and crank the heat a few times to air out the smells of someone else's cooking.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas de Santa Fe? Share your experiences!