“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, CO
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. Very clean & if you like to cook, you have a kitchen to do so. Had a 1st floor room in the main building. I rather have a 2nd floor. The bed was super comfy, nice seating area. They have 24/7 tea/coffee in the lobby. Only downfall, the bathroom set up. I would have rather the toliet be in a seprate room like in Vegas hotels. The room was very clean & well stocked. I bought a Groupon deal & plan to stay here again withe the Living Social deal I bought.

The staff is super nice & helpful. The Plaza was an easy walk, but they offer a shuttle too.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
winston salem, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I loved Villas de Santa Fe, they are so accomadating and bend over backwards to help you. I requested to have 2 beds in my 1 br condo and they provided it. After I got it, my daughter still wouldn't sleep in the same room with me. lol They were so helpful in planning my days, great recommendations. The full kitchen was nicely stocked , even if I didn't use it for heavy cooking.

The unit was immaculate. The location was convenient to get to things easily & quickly. The shuttle was the best. I can't walk long distances so they took me where I needed to go & I called when I was ready to be picked up. A wonderful service.

The only negative I can say is it is hard to find the first time ( the signage was burned out).

Too much to do in that area but I sure tried.

Room Tip: Call ahead, if you need to be in a room near the elevator or need 2 beds in a 1br as they do have a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here about 3 yrs ago, not realizing this was a partial time-share property. The room was older & falling apart a little, but still great for what we wanted. I'm told Bldng 2 & 3 are remodeled & that's the room we got this time. Way better experience! Super clean, spacious. Bdrm separate from lvng area/kitchen. New appliances incl. full fridge, dishwasher, pots & pans, etc. Lovely little balcony. Best part is we were only a 10 minute walk from the Plaza, 20 minutes from Canyon Rd. and shuttle service is free. They were booked solid, but it was very quiet. Staff mentioned you may not be able to get newer building if booking through Hotels.com or other travel sites, so recommend booking directly through Diamond Resorts, the company that owns Villas.

Room Tip: Ask for newly remodeled building 2 or 3. Balcony rooms and 2nd or 3rd floor seem like best option fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Villas de Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your previous two stays here at The Villas de Santa Fe. We were glad to hear that your most recent stay far exceeded your experience from a stay 3 years ago. Our front desk staff will try their best to accommodate requests to be assigned a unit in our newer building, however where you book, be it one of our rental partners or Diamond Resort’s website, should not have too much of an effect on which room you assigned. We were glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle services. Yes, because space is limited, we do advise our guests reserve their space with our shuttles at the front desk as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The biggest plus is the one mile walk to downtown Santa Fe. We parked our car and only used it to explore the country side.

The rooms are older but fairly clean.

Couple of issues, no free wifi and one kitchen burner did not work (we like to cook meals as well).

Staff was friendly and knew about Santa Fe. Compared to the other more expensive places in Santa Fe, it was a good deal.

Room Tip: In the summer chose the rooms which face north for less in face sun and the opposite for winter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
central pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at the Villas De Santa Fe for a week in late September. When we arrived our check-in was completed in a matter of a few minutes. We were in Building #2 on the second floor. There were plenty of parking spaces and there was a luggage cart near the elevator which we did not use since we each one suitcase. The condo was compact but it had everything we needed. One room with a small table adequate for the two of us, a galley kitchen with a medium size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher and microwave. It did not have an oven but we had no use for one with all the great restaurants nearby. I was surprised at the large size of the bedroom with its kingsize bed and two large closets. There were also two TV's. There was a sink/vanity right outside the bathroom which had a tub/shower combination. The furnishings looked new and the apartment was very clean. We did have maid service three days after we arrived but the rest of the time we made our beds and cleaned the kitchen which was no big deal.

The lobby was beautiful with a large fireplace which must be beautiful in the winter. The weather while we were there was perfect, 70;s in the day and 50's at night, just right for all the walking we did. One of the best features of the resort was the free shuttle service which we used often. The first day we walked to the plaza and it was about a 15 minute walk. After that we just went to the lobby and asked for the shuttle and never waited more than 5 minutes. The shuttle would take you where you wanted to go and then you called them for pickup when you wanted to return. We had a car so we also drove around Santa Fe and the outlaying areas. My husband and I both admit that Santa Fe is a very complicated city to navigate.

Whle there we drove to The Ghost Ranch where Georgia O'Keefe did a lot of her paintings. You have to make reservations in advance to go on the tour which we both agreed was well worh the price. It is about an hour from Santa Fe and in a beautiful location. We also went to visit Los Alamos for a day. It is a small town also about an hour from Santa Fe but very interesting. There are two museums, which are free and we spent a few hours wandering around.

Santa Fe has many, many museums, too many to mention but there are some for every taste. There are also many art galleries. We drove to Canyon Road where there are over 150 art galleries. The galleries are all in adobe houses and I loved the arthitecture. All of the galleries were well over our price range but it was still interesting visiting them.

We took a open air city tour bus which I would suggest. It took you to all the points of interest. You could not get on and off like other tours but if you saw something you wanted to visit you could go back and see it on your own.

Our last day there we took a two hour railroad tour. We had heard about the Santa Fe Railroad but it was hard to find but after riding around with our GPS for over an hour we found it and booked the trip. There was not much in the way of scenic views while on the tour but the guide Billy, was very informatinve about the area. They did have a longer tour but it was not on a convenient day for us.

Neither my husband and I like Mexican food very much. I think it is because where we live in centrql Pennsylvania we don't have any upscale Mexican restaurants so we have not been exposed to this type of cooking. This said we did eat one very beautiful Mexican restaurant which I would lhighly recommend. it is the Rancho De Chimayo which is about 45 minutes outside of Santa Fe but well worht the trip. We tried finding it for dinner one night but our GPS took us in another direction and we never did find it so we looked for it the next day for lunch and were lucky to find it. The restaurant is on a working farm and everything was so fresh. The menu was huge and of course I did not know what half of it was but with our waiters help we both had delicious meals. We ate outside on a patio which I imagine at night would be really beautiful. It was our best meal and the prices were so low it was hard to believe the price.
We also ate at the Bull Ring which was recommended for steak and it was also a wonderful meal, but a little on the expensive side. The atomosphere was really beautiful. We both ordered petite fillet minions and we could have easily split one. The sides are brought family size and we could barely eat the mushrooms and the sweet potato we ordered. We did split a dessert which was huge. Even though expensive well worth the price paid. \

One night while wandering around trying to find a place to eat my husband said I am parking the car and we are gong to eat at the first restaurant we come to which was the Inn of the Anaszi where we had a fantastic meal. It was late at this time and there were only a few people in the restaurant but the waiter was very attentive and we did not feel rushed. It was a little on the expensive but no more than an upscale restaurant here in PA. We wanted to eat BBQ so our shuttle bus driver recommended the Cowgirl BBQ. After all the other very upscale restaurants we ate in this was definitely different. My husband and I split a BBQ sampler which was huge and it was delicious. It was the type of place where you eat with your fingers and then lick them. They had a band that was playing in the patio and my husband and I went and danced for a while and talked to some of the local people. It was a very enjoyable evening. The other place we ate at that was worth mentioning was Osteria D Assisi and because of the horrible service we had there I am gong to write a separage review.

In closing I would say that while we were there for 6 days that gave us plenty of time to see and do what we wanted. It is a beaufiful city and Iove the adobe architecture. The only negative was the signs to get to the various places of interest. Our brochure listed three visitor's centers but after riding around for hours found two of them were closed for the season and ther other one, which we went to on Sunday was closed. We went back on Monday and it was also closed so it took us until Tuesday to get some of the information we wanted. There are not enough signs to show you where the various museums are and we walked within a half block of one museum several times before we found out where it was located.

Since this is a review of the Villas De Santa Fe I would like to mention that the entire staff, everyone we met while there was polite and helped us with whatever we needed. I don't know if we will ever be in this area again but if we were we would stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to have a small balcony but ours looked out over a parking lot but we did no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Villas de Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your lengthy and quite informative review of our resort. We are extremely happy to hear that our accommodations, amenities, location, services, and staff met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Our shuttle service is quite popular with our guests (and almost a necessity in the hot summer months, or cold winter months). We are delighted to hear that you and your husband were able to take advantage of this service. Our team members will be pleased to read about the kind words you had for them. The extensive tips you provided for our future guests was real informative and will be helpful for them in preparing for their visit to the Santa Fe area, as well as, our resort. We really appreciate your recommendation and hope you are able to return here again soon. We will be waiting with open arms!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This resort is somewhat average. The location is close to Old Town Santa Fe, which is nice, and the property is quiet. The furnishings and carpet could use some updating, but the suite was clean. The most disappointing aspect was that there is no free wi-fi, which seems absurd since there are desktops in the lobby with free internet aspect. The best feature is the free shuttle that the resort offers to and from Old Town Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friends and I decided to stay here on whim because we needed to get away. We were absolutely blown away by the accommodations! First off, the staff was unbelievably friendly at check-in. They knew everything about the Santa Fe area, which helped a lot because it was our first time visiting. They told us of some great restaurants and places to visit, which made our experience all the better. Secondly, the rooms are very large and spacious. We had a modest view; however, that didn't matter because we spent most of our time running around Santa Fe. The hot tub was great! It was really hot, but it was super cold outside, so it was perfect. If you stay here, I recommend going to the Sunflower Market (if it's still there) and buying some of their pomegranate wine. It's incredible. We will most definitely be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villas de Santa Fe? Share your experiences!