“So Glad We Stayed Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn of the Governors

You added Inn of the Governors to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Alameda, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cincinnati, OH
“So Glad We Stayed Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Even though a friend had recommended another hotel we chose this for it's location and the fact that it had a restaurant/bar attached!! That really was a wonderful bonus for us--having a late night drink in the bar before heading up to our room! Friendly staff and good breakfast was a plus!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank racecar53
Samuel G, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear racecar53,

We are delighted to know you had a great stay and that you are happy you chose to stay with us rather than another recommended hotel.

It is also great to know you enjoyed a late night drink in Del Charro, our complimentary buffet breakfast and found the staff friendly.

Thanks for sharing!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

As other reviews say, the location can't be best - it's convenient to all especially if you want to walk around the area vs driving. Rooms are average - nothing special, but comfortable. Candidly at first I was disappointed but the beds turned out to be fine and the rooms were clean - what more do you really need? The in house bar is a great option especially since lots of Santa Fe closes down early.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank kitschy
Dear kitschy,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

We are pleased you found the rooms comfortable and clean, enjoyed Del Charro and our location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Honestly cannot fault this Hotel - amazing location close to Plaza yet quiet, free parking ,friendly ambiance and great bar .
We had a huge room with living area and a dinky balcony.
Breakfast buffet was adequate and plentiful.
Owners have added character to what was originally a basic motel.
Certainly be my first choice in Santa Fe

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P H
Samuel G, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear P H,

We are grateful for your endorsement!

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed our location, buffet breakfast and character.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chihuahua, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

The location is great, a walking distance from the history plaza, breakfast is included (nothing out of the ordinary), staff was helpful and pleasant... They just have small rooms and they are not too fancy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarai K
Dear Sarai K,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn.

While I'm sorry our complimentary buffet breakfast didn't wow you, I'm pleased you enjoyed our location and found the staff pleasant and helpful.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night visiting friends in Santa Fe. The hotel was immaculately maintained and in an interesting local style. The staff were extremely helpful when my rental car didn't start the next morning and let me back in to my bedroom even though I had checked out. They even waived the cost of some phone calls I had to make.

Room Tip: If you don't want any noise at all ask for a room not overlooking the pool. I wasn't bothere...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JamesGlover64
Dear JamesGlover64,

Thank you very much for your review of the Inn of the Governors.

I am thrilled to know our staff was extremely helpful during your car mishap.

We hope you can return again soon and stay longer.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Checked in around 3 the room smelled musty the air conditioner was the one that is attached to the window by the wall barely made room cool and made a loud grumbling noise the hallway was humid and smelly
I tried to take nap but with the heat and noise of the air conditioner I decided this dump ain't for me. I walked couple of blocks to La Fonda hotel beautiful classic hotel with indoor parking lot as well. The parking lot at the governors inn
Is outdoors that pull right besides your room just like any cheap hotel.
I realized I had to check out of this dump and went to La Fonda
The rates remarkable were very similar. I checked out and to make matters worse they refused to credit me the charged me $155.00 like I said a classic dumpy move for a clearly a dumpy hotel
I could go on and on to the crappy little pool to the elevator that was so small and grumbled must be as old as the air conditioner
BY ALL MEANS AVOID THIS PLACE

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
7 Thank Lalaw315
Samuel G, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear lalaw315,

I am sad to read your review stating that the Inn is nothing more than a converted Holiday Inn. It confuses me because we work hard to accurately represent the hotel via our website, making no pretense that we are something different than a quality, boutique hotel located close to the Santa Fe Plaza. In that spirit, we go to great lengths to provide the best value package in Santa Fe; complimentary parking, free full-hot breakfast, a daily Tea & Sherry reception, and the $15 dollar per day food credit in Del Charro. I am further confused by your response to the swimming pool since so many of the other reviews, and guests I connect with, speak highly of it.
Though I genuinely regret that the air conditioner did not work to your liking, I regret moreso that you did not contact us to repair it or find you another room to your satisfaction that day. We pride ourselves on working with guests needs as best as we can.
Given we have a 48 hour cancellation policy and your departure occured late enough in the day that we were unable to repair the air conditioner and sell the room to someone else, I feel comfortable in the charge we assessed you. As I mentioned in my direct email to you, we discounted that fee from your original reservation rate given the room did not meet your needs.
I wish you the best in your future travels and hope you have found a good home at the La Fonda for your visits to Santa Fe.

MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Location Location Location! This is a very clean and friendly place to lay your head. The place is a bit old and rough around some edges, but that can be overlooked because it is such a clean place. From everyone at the front desk to the maids, and the food servers, they all made it a very pleasant experience. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best we have had in a hotel/motel in ages. The $10 coupon each day to use at their restaurant and bar was a nice added touch, and the margaritas are very good. I would stay there again in a minute, and we are very picky about where we stay....loved it...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Akumalholic
Dear Akumalholic,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is great to see you had such a nice visit. I am thrilled the hotel cleanliness, staff and breakfast made for a "very pleasant experience".

We hope to welcome you back soon.