“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Chihuahua, Mexico
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

The location is great, a walking distance from the history plaza, breakfast is included (nothing out of the ordinary), staff was helpful and pleasant... They just have small rooms and they are not too fancy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Samuel G, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Sarai K,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn.

While I'm sorry our complimentary buffet breakfast didn't wow you, I'm pleased you enjoyed our location and found the staff pleasant and helpful.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Inn of the Governors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night visiting friends in Santa Fe. The hotel was immaculately maintained and in an interesting local style. The staff were extremely helpful when my rental car didn't start the next morning and let me back in to my bedroom even though I had checked out. They even waived the cost of some phone calls I had to make.

Room Tip: If you don't want any noise at all ask for a room not overlooking the pool. I wasn't bothere...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear JamesGlover64,

Thank you very much for your review of the Inn of the Governors.

I am thrilled to know our staff was extremely helpful during your car mishap.

We hope you can return again soon and stay longer.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Checked in around 3 the room smelled musty the air conditioner was the one that is attached to the window by the wall barely made room cool and made a loud grumbling noise the hallway was humid and smelly
I tried to take nap but with the heat and noise of the air conditioner I decided this dump ain't for me. I walked couple of blocks to La Fonda hotel beautiful classic hotel with indoor parking lot as well. The parking lot at the governors inn
Is outdoors that pull right besides your room just like any cheap hotel.
I realized I had to check out of this dump and went to La Fonda
The rates remarkable were very similar. I checked out and to make matters worse they refused to credit me the charged me $155.00 like I said a classic dumpy move for a clearly a dumpy hotel
I could go on and on to the crappy little pool to the elevator that was so small and grumbled must be as old as the air conditioner
BY ALL MEANS AVOID THIS PLACE

• Stayed July 2014
Samuel G, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear lalaw315,

I am sad to read your review stating that the Inn is nothing more than a converted Holiday Inn. It confuses me because we work hard to accurately represent the hotel via our website, making no pretense that we are something different than a quality, boutique hotel located close to the Santa Fe Plaza. In that spirit, we go to great lengths to provide the best value package in Santa Fe; complimentary parking, free full-hot breakfast, a daily Tea & Sherry reception, and the $15 dollar per day food credit in Del Charro. I am further confused by your response to the swimming pool since so many of the other reviews, and guests I connect with, speak highly of it.
Though I genuinely regret that the air conditioner did not work to your liking, I regret moreso that you did not contact us to repair it or find you another room to your satisfaction that day. We pride ourselves on working with guests needs as best as we can.
Given we have a 48 hour cancellation policy and your departure occured late enough in the day that we were unable to repair the air conditioner and sell the room to someone else, I feel comfortable in the charge we assessed you. As I mentioned in my direct email to you, we discounted that fee from your original reservation rate given the room did not meet your needs.
I wish you the best in your future travels and hope you have found a good home at the La Fonda for your visits to Santa Fe.

MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Location Location Location! This is a very clean and friendly place to lay your head. The place is a bit old and rough around some edges, but that can be overlooked because it is such a clean place. From everyone at the front desk to the maids, and the food servers, they all made it a very pleasant experience. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best we have had in a hotel/motel in ages. The $10 coupon each day to use at their restaurant and bar was a nice added touch, and the margaritas are very good. I would stay there again in a minute, and we are very picky about where we stay....loved it...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Akumalholic,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is great to see you had such a nice visit. I am thrilled the hotel cleanliness, staff and breakfast made for a "very pleasant experience".

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Close to the Plaza and easy for getting in and out of town, the Inn proved an affordable and accommodating destination. On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite for our four day stay.
With a good complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and sherry, on-site free parking, and pool, the inn is a money-saving choice that doesn't skip the details.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Donn S,

I very much appreciate your recent review of the Inn and am glad to see you were upgraded to a larger room.

It is wonderful to see you enjoyed all the onsite amenities we provide. We do understand that travel can be expensive and our goal is to try to help your dollar go a little bit farther.

Thanks for choosing the Inn!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was our first stay at the inn. It is a charming hotel, with all the amenities needed. Our room door faced the street and we had a double. The room was tight with both beds, but very clean. I would suggest asking for a quite are if your are reserving your room in time. Saturday had a lot of day noise from traffic, but in the evening the noise level does quiet down. The location is close to the plaza and an easy stroll to most places and fun shops in the near vicinity.

The full breakfast is plentiful with great coffee and hot items. There is a beautiful outdoor seating area with fire place. There were not many gluten-free options. We missed the afternoon tea and sherry tasting they offer. The pool is small but heated and fantastic just to hang by and enjoy their beautiful landscaping. We continuously watched employees clean and maintain the hotel and it had a comfortable lobby.

The bar attached to the hotel seems to be a hot-spot in Santa Fe. In the late evening we watched as people lined up to get in. They served good drinks and good "Bar-food". The staff was helpful with information about events and directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were on the street side and could hear every Harley rev their engines in th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rsds2008,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to know you enjoyed the breakfast, hanging out by the pool, our saloon, Del Charro and your room cleanliness. I will speak to our chef to see if we can add more gluten free options.

We hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Santa Fe.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I were in Santa Fe to attend the opera -- it was also an anniversary celebration. When I made our reservation months ago, I mentioned that it would be our anniversary when we'd be there and was delighted to find that we had been upgraded to larger room when we checked in. The hotel is simply lovely and the location is outstanding. Breakfast was included and, though a buffet, was quite good. The receptionists were uniformly helpful and gave us excellent advice on restaurants and sights to see.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary23,

Happy belated anniversary! We are so glad you chose the Inn to enjoy such a wonderful event.

It is a delight to know you enjoyed the opera as well as our complimentary breakfast buffet, location and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Inn of the Governors

Been to Inn of the Governors? Share your experiences!