We have been staying at Inn of the Governors yearly for the past 8 years. We usually go during spring break and really wondered during our recent trip in June if the place is under new management or if they just don't cater as well to their customers because they don't need the business during the summer. We stayed for 3 nights in a mini suite, which was lovely and large, and the Mountain Sunrise Breakfast each morning was as great as always. The location is excellent, just park the car and walk to the Plaza and surrounding areas.
Our concern was with the hospitality and customer service provided (or not) by the staff. No one seemed to be happy in their jobs (except for the great staff at the Del Charro), We were not given the Del Charro cantina credit as promised on the website with a reservation, and when we asked were told that we were given the "best rate" so we wouldn't receive this credit. Best rate?? They dismissed us when we inquired, and were only responded to in an accommodating manner by a nice desk clerk the next morning. We had two days credit in the cantina, at least. The first night we were there, there were obviously drunken and extremely loud guests on the balcony below us, who we finally called to complain about at 1:20 a.m. Do they not have security to pay attention to these disturbances? The person who answered our call was obviously annoyed that we called, and we are not even sure they followed up with our concerns. No one called to follow up with us the next day. No one from management ever answered an email that I sent early in our stay about the Del Charro credit either. We have always loved Inn of the Governors, but will investigate other places that need our business in Santa Fe or who care to show some hospitality.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Governors Hotel Santa Fe
- Inn Of The Governors Hotel
- Hotel Of The Governors
- Of The Governors Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn of the Governors is a leader in hospitality among Santa Fe Hotels. We provide world-class service, a beautiful downtown location, complimentary Mountain Sunrise full breakfast, free parking and complimentary Tea and Sherry served daily in our lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Inn of the Governors reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.