“Great Discovery in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 473 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Bakery, Vegan, Vegetarian, Tea Room
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: In the St. Michaels Village West Shopping Center, next to Rob & Charlies Bike Shop. Patio dining and nice view of the mountains.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Discovery in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

On a recent trip to Santa Fe, my family and I were shopping on the plaza when my wife noticed that the proprietor of the store we were in was eating the most interesting looking dish. She asked what it was, and he said that it was called a "Buddha Bowl" and was from the best restaurant in Santa Fe -- Annapurna. The food looked so good that we decided that we had to try it (Annapurna is about a 10 minute drive from the plaza).

Neither my wife or I, nor our eight year old daughter, are vegetarians, and the menu items frankly sounded a little weird, but we all dove in and tried something. The food was so fresh and flavorful that we immediately began planning a return visit (which we happily made a few days later).

A majority of the dishes are Indian (such as Sambhar and various masalas), but it isn't an Indian restaurant per say. Some of the food is spicy but much of it isn't. The food is fresh, tasty, and also gives you the feeling that you are doing something good for your body. If we had a restaurant like this in our hometown, we feel like we'd eat there weekly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

taos
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I ate here for lunch recently and ordered from the specials on the wall--we both had a variation on vegetables with garbanzos, different sauces, etc.--pretty simple fare. It was horrible--the vegetables were almost mush and the sauces were tasteless--quite a surprise considering the other reviews. Possibly a bad day for the cook, but I don't think we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I could eat here every day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Annapurna's is a vegan's paradise. The menu is entirely vegetarian with most of it being either vegan or can be made vegan. The menu is awesome, it's full of delicious nutritious real food. The atmosphere is very comfortable, they have free wifi, the service is always outstanding.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Marcos, California
“My #1 Vegan Choice in Santa Fe, NM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I always enjoy a meal here with friends! The healing kitchari is really tasty and the environment relaxed. A couple of days ago I met up with a friend at Annapurnas for lunch. Along with the requisite cup of kitchari I ordered the sampler Thaali Plate (tri doshic) and loved the veggies along with the dosa. The service was great! I'll certainly be returning for another vegan, ayurvedic epicurean experience in the very near future!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“WOW! What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went here after several people had recommended it. I was not disappointed! I got the Indian Sampler which was fresh and perfectly seasoned and not too salty. I will return here.

Visited June 2013