“Great Location -- its best ammenity” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Territorial Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Territorial Inn
Save Saved
You added Territorial Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   215 Washington Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #34 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Location -- its best ammenity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

This stay was for one night only and we made a reservation just hours before arriving securing their last room. The property has a great location just off the Plaza area of Santa Fe. Upon arriving, we had a note on the door giving us directions to our room and where our key was located.

Our room was a single queen room -- their most basic -- but we were not concerned as we needed only an overnight stay. The room was very tired and in need of a fresh update. The size of the room and bathroom were fine but the mauve and green decor was very tired and depressing.

We did not eat their breakfast but did see a couple of people drinking coffee. If you are trying to save a dollar then eat there but there are other more appealing breakfast spots in Santa Fe.

Parking was free which is a plus in Santa Fe. Parking was available on the property and we were allowed to leave our car there after check-out which was very nice as daily parking can run $10 in a garage or parking lot IF you can find a space.

It does appear they are trying to update the hotel and the manager appologized for giving me that room as he doesn't normally book it. But, we needed a room.

Overall, it was an inexpensive location close to the plaza but not a place we would choose unless our budget required it.

• Liked — Location! and Free Parking
  • Disliked — Very tired room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

I stayed at this inn for 3 nights in April 2007. The location is great - one and a half blocks from the Plaza, restaurants, etc. I had a small sitting room, bedroom and bath. Both the sitting room and bedroom had TV's. Both rooms were small but with two rooms it was more than adequate. Since the sitting room opened onto the hall that surrounds the breakfast room, it had no windows; the bedroom had two windows which looked out onto a narrow alley and these windows had blinds and curtains over them. Therefore the rooms were definitely NOT light and airy! It was cold when I was there but I appreciated the fact that the windows did open. It was VERY quiet at night and in the a.m. I had been concerned re possible noise in the a.m. from the breakfast room but this was not a problem, in part b/c I shut the door of the bedroom at night. The room was very clean. One thing that bothered me was the fact that the lights beside the bed has only 60 watt bulbs (I like to read in bed) and when I asked the front desk to have one of the bulbs replaced with a brighter one, he said the lamps would only take 60 watt bulbs.
I dealt with the problem by moving the desk lamp (from the living room) onto the bedside table (thus having two lamps there).

Breakfast was the same each a.m. but that was fine with me - the fruit was very fresh and that along with cereal and yogurt made a good breakfast. I was happy to not have to chat with people in the a.m. if I didn't wish to.

The best part of this inn is the location; I used my car only one day, to drive to Museum Hill. The rest of the time I walked everywhere. The front desk was helpful when I asked for information re museums, tours, etc.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — lack of light in the room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

It was our second wedding anniversary, and needless to say I wanted a to find very romantic and memorable stay for the night. My wife and I are big Bed & Breakfasts (B&B) fans, and I can’t remember the last time we stayed in a ordinary hotel, with the single exception of lengthy vacations on a budget. We really appreciate the distinctive and specialized service you foster from a B&B and it’s caretakers.

My wife requested a location close the Old Town section of Santa Fe, and the Inn was just a couple block’s from the square and with in easy walking distance. The Inn has a private parking lot, and an exclusive Spa for your convenience. There is also a hot tub located on the roof. (Note: reservation are required for the Spa and tub, and the tub closes at 8:00pm)

The rooms are nice, and decorated in a antique colonial fashion, with rod & iron head boards and traditional wooden furniture pieces. Not your standard “Santa Fe Style” with all the bright and sometimes overwhelming colors schemes common to this area.

Overall, the Inn was everything we had hoped for with only one exception.

Being it was our anniversary night, we stayed up a bit late and wanted to sleep in the next morning. The breakfast layout is basically like any continental breakfast you’ll find in standard motel, with the exception of fresh cut fruit for your cereal or waffles and nice silverware and plate settings.

The breakfast is served from 7:00am - 10:00am, and we didn’t arrive until about 9:15am. The eggs and bacon platter was empty, so we asked the attendant if we could have more, and were told “No”, with not even a sorry or explanation. We have never been told no at any of the dozens of B&B’s we have stayed at, and my wife and I were disappointed with his sharp response.

Still, my wife and I would recommend Territorial Inn and Spa if you’re looking for a comfortable stay close to all the amenities of the Santa Fe Old town district, and at a reasonable price as well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast Service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

Our stay at the Inn was wonderful. We were upgraded to a suite when we arrived which was a plus. The room was beautiful and the service was excellent. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. Take a few minutes to chat with AJ during breakfast. He was not only friendly and a wealth of loca info, he made breakfast an unexpected pleasure every morning. If I ever go back to Santa Fe, I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

We just returned from Santa Fe where we were staying over the weekend. This hotel located just 3 walking blocks from "Plaza", or 3-4 minutes to walk to it. We arrived late and there was a letter in the envelope with keys to the entrance and to the room waiting for us at the entrance. The room is of average size, clean and tacky, with high raised bed with poles and grandma type curtains. There were few inconveniences: a sink in the the room, and separate bathroom with a tub and toilet, absence of thick window curtains and only light shades, room door opens into breakfast patio and in the morning you hear people talking and staff collecting glasses and utensils. We slept late, so we don't have an opinion on breakfast. Other than those issues, boredom and unprecented prices in the restaurants of Santa Fe, in general, Territorial Inn was a good place to stay. If you stay there, visit a next door reaturant El Meson, Spanish cousine, with excellent food and artificially inflated prices.

• Liked — Proximity to the Plaza
  • Disliked — The city it is located in.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lucas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

Wanting to be near downtown Santa Fe, but not wanting the steep prices of most of the hotels, we opted for The Territorial Inn at the Marcy, sight unseen! How delighted we were to find it all we could have wished for: one block from the Plaza, free parking for our car, lovely room with lots of light, newly redecorated, comfortable chairs as well as bed, friendly service, fresh cookies in the snack room each afternoon, plus Brandy in the evening; more than ample continental breakfast (included with the room) with lots of fresh fruit (cut and ready to add to waffle or cereal), Danish, whole grain breads, juices and good, dark roast coffee! The snack room was airy and inviting. When we return to Santa Fe, we won't bother looking anywhere else!

Stayed June 2006
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

The best thing the Territorial Inn has is it's terrific location, both walking and driving around Santa Fe. The room was large (king/non-smoking), clean, and comfy. One window on a shady alley made the room dark and not a place you would want to spend much awake time. The morning breakfast was pretty basic, and boring after a two days or more, granola yogurt, tired fruit, and waffles. There was always ample parking, easy access to all roads leading around and out of the center of town. Nice sized bathroom, plenty of closet and drawer space, and offered everything needed, but not much more. The staff was very pleasant, and served nice cookies at tea time and brandy and chocolates at night. It was the best priced accomodation for a two and half star inn.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Territorial Inn? Share your experiences!