“more botel than B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Territorial Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Territorial Inn
You added Territorial Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   215 Washington Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #34 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
dillingen germany
“more botel than B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

The hotel is perfectly located, just a few steps from the down town plaza. It is nice and comfortable but we think it is more a small hotel without restaurant than a B&B.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I loved this place. It was quaint and cozy. The room was nice and clean and with character. The location is perfect-- a block from the plaza. And I had a great breakfast experience, with the local staff chit-chatting with the locals and giving great advice and knowledge about the area.

• Liked — The friendly and interesting staff.
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

The Territorial Inn B&B is only a block and a half walk off the center of the plaza square making it extremely convenient and nice not to have to worry about parking since they have their own lot. The staff was very helpful in making suggestions on what to do around town. The rooms are decorated in a simple classic style and are very comfortable without being lavish or in a cheesy southwest style. The breakfast is a self-serve buffet that provides a nice morning boost with your basic staples. There are so many great restaurants around town that you will want to save your appetite for a fantastic lunch at Cafe Pasquals or decadent dinner at Coyote Cafe. I would highly recommend The Territorial Inn for it's fantastic value and location that can't be beat!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

Such a nice little place with very friendly owners and staff.
My sister and I went for a little holiday just to see the sites. I really was not to impressed with the Plaza area. If you've been to Mexico you.ve been to Santa Fee at triple the price for the same items. I f you love Artsie stuff you'll like the Plaza area.
I did love this little Inn. Nice breakfast with fresh fruits and blueberries . Fresh breads and wonderful waffles. Big cookies in the afternoon. At 7pm there is a bottle of brandy and snifters in the eating area. The room looked just like the picture in expedia and the beds were very confortable. I never heard a sound after 9pm. Could of been the brandy. The room was small two twins and a small bathroom but just fine for us. If you like to get a big bang for your buck , stay here.

• Liked — Cute, quiet, friendly, great value
  • Disliked — cute
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

This stay was for one night only and we made a reservation just hours before arriving securing their last room. The property has a great location just off the Plaza area of Santa Fe. Upon arriving, we had a note on the door giving us directions to our room and where our key was located.

Our room was a single queen room -- their most basic -- but we were not concerned as we needed only an overnight stay. The room was very tired and in need of a fresh update. The size of the room and bathroom were fine but the mauve and green decor was very tired and depressing.

We did not eat their breakfast but did see a couple of people drinking coffee. If you are trying to save a dollar then eat there but there are other more appealing breakfast spots in Santa Fe.

Parking was free which is a plus in Santa Fe. Parking was available on the property and we were allowed to leave our car there after check-out which was very nice as daily parking can run $10 in a garage or parking lot IF you can find a space.

It does appear they are trying to update the hotel and the manager appologized for giving me that room as he doesn't normally book it. But, we needed a room.

Overall, it was an inexpensive location close to the plaza but not a place we would choose unless our budget required it.

• Liked — Location! and Free Parking
  • Disliked — Very tired room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

I stayed at this inn for 3 nights in April 2007. The location is great - one and a half blocks from the Plaza, restaurants, etc. I had a small sitting room, bedroom and bath. Both the sitting room and bedroom had TV's. Both rooms were small but with two rooms it was more than adequate. Since the sitting room opened onto the hall that surrounds the breakfast room, it had no windows; the bedroom had two windows which looked out onto a narrow alley and these windows had blinds and curtains over them. Therefore the rooms were definitely NOT light and airy! It was cold when I was there but I appreciated the fact that the windows did open. It was VERY quiet at night and in the a.m. I had been concerned re possible noise in the a.m. from the breakfast room but this was not a problem, in part b/c I shut the door of the bedroom at night. The room was very clean. One thing that bothered me was the fact that the lights beside the bed has only 60 watt bulbs (I like to read in bed) and when I asked the front desk to have one of the bulbs replaced with a brighter one, he said the lamps would only take 60 watt bulbs.
I dealt with the problem by moving the desk lamp (from the living room) onto the bedside table (thus having two lamps there).

Breakfast was the same each a.m. but that was fine with me - the fruit was very fresh and that along with cereal and yogurt made a good breakfast. I was happy to not have to chat with people in the a.m. if I didn't wish to.

The best part of this inn is the location; I used my car only one day, to drive to Museum Hill. The rest of the time I walked everywhere. The front desk was helpful when I asked for information re museums, tours, etc.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — lack of light in the room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

It was our second wedding anniversary, and needless to say I wanted a to find very romantic and memorable stay for the night. My wife and I are big Bed & Breakfasts (B&B) fans, and I can’t remember the last time we stayed in a ordinary hotel, with the single exception of lengthy vacations on a budget. We really appreciate the distinctive and specialized service you foster from a B&B and it’s caretakers.

My wife requested a location close the Old Town section of Santa Fe, and the Inn was just a couple block’s from the square and with in easy walking distance. The Inn has a private parking lot, and an exclusive Spa for your convenience. There is also a hot tub located on the roof. (Note: reservation are required for the Spa and tub, and the tub closes at 8:00pm)

The rooms are nice, and decorated in a antique colonial fashion, with rod & iron head boards and traditional wooden furniture pieces. Not your standard “Santa Fe Style” with all the bright and sometimes overwhelming colors schemes common to this area.

Overall, the Inn was everything we had hoped for with only one exception.

Being it was our anniversary night, we stayed up a bit late and wanted to sleep in the next morning. The breakfast layout is basically like any continental breakfast you’ll find in standard motel, with the exception of fresh cut fruit for your cereal or waffles and nice silverware and plate settings.

The breakfast is served from 7:00am - 10:00am, and we didn’t arrive until about 9:15am. The eggs and bacon platter was empty, so we asked the attendant if we could have more, and were told “No”, with not even a sorry or explanation. We have never been told no at any of the dozens of B&B’s we have stayed at, and my wife and I were disappointed with his sharp response.

Still, my wife and I would recommend Territorial Inn and Spa if you’re looking for a comfortable stay close to all the amenities of the Santa Fe Old town district, and at a reasonable price as well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast Service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Territorial Inn? Share your experiences!