“I would return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Paradero Bed and Breakfast Inn

You added El Paradero Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
El Paradero Bed and Breakfast Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   220 W Manhattan Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Walldorf, Germany
“I would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in quite a few B&Bs so far and this was by far the largest one. It feels a little less personal and more hotel-like but this is nothing negative. Our room (11) was very nice and clean, staff was really friendly, breakfast was good and the location is excellent.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MilagroSantaFe, Owner at El Paradero Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
We're happy you enjoyed your visit to El Paradero.
I see you are from Germany, if you visit the USA again please come and see us!
Paul and Sue: Owners

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great--really enjoyed the blue corn pancakes. Our room was small but clean and comfortable. According to the interesting history of the B&B, our room had once been a stable. I would love to come back and stay here again. I forgot to mention the tea and goodies in the afternoon. Also later on there's a big jar filled with home made cookies. You can walk to the square and many restaurants very easily.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 1. The room is small, but has everything you need.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind words!
Hope to see you again.
Paul and Sue: owners
Central Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

El Paradero has a great location. Convenient to downtown square and railroad area for dining and shopping. The breakfasts are southwestern. If you want a fried egg or bowl of oatmeal, they will prepare that for you. Some of the food was a little Spicey for my 87 year old mother. I found it yummy. The owner and staff are very helpful and friendly. The beds were comfortable and well made. I saw maids ironing bed linens! They have a large binder of restaurants' menus which helps decide where and what for dinner. They have a loyal following so when I booked the only room available for two separate beds was room 2. It had twin beds. The beds were firm comfortable. There were two chairs that were suitable for decor, but not comfortable for sitting more than a few minutes. The vanity was really small and room lighting was dim. I saw other rooms that were much better suited for our needs. I think the main house would be best. There is an apt. Fridge in dining area for communal use and I put a couple of cokes in it. No one else ever used the fridge. This is a historic site and shows its age. I met one couple who booked last minute and had a room with private bath across the hall. They didn't like stepping across the hall and using the bath. They moved to our twin bed room the day we checked out. There is parking behind the building. It is gravel (as are many parking lots in Santa Fe). A caveat for little ladies who have trouble seeing over steering wheels in rental cars....the parking is divided by large railroad ties that are higher than most front bumpers. I had booked another room for a relative. She couldn't make it and cancelled the night before arrival. I would have lost $$$ but because it is a popular place they were able to rebook and returned my deposit. I understand B&Bs have a limited number of rooms and don't operate like Hilton Hotels so that was a very nice gesture to give me a refund. I met guest there from London, Australia, Switzerland, several from Oregon and Colerado. Would I stay there again? MAYBE .. If I can have a larger room and double beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Glad you enjoyed your stay!
It's true one should always check the cancellation policy, as a small private bed and breakfast, we need the cancellation notice which is 14 days prior to arrival. As we are popular we can frequently re- book the room, as we did in this instance. All the rooms are unique, so please check the website when booking. There are 2 rooms that are the least expensive and they have a private bath across the hall.
We look forward to your return!
Paul and Sue : Owners
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The El Paradero B&B Inn is just about perfect. Great location, great staff, great breakfast and the most charming courtyard. Our hosts, Sue and Paul, were warm and welcoming and provided wonderful suggestions for places to visit and delicious places for lunch and dinner. Of course, with the generous, excellent breakfasts each morning, lunch was almost an impossibility....the breakfast plates shown on the El Paradero website depict what we were served perfectly. Our room was well appointed...comfortable beds, nice linens and a couple of good chairs for relaxing. However, we did most of our relaxing in the beautiful flower filled courtyard....and, one rainy evening we spent time in the charming living room with a warm fire. The public spaces are all very nice.
Hope, the Innkeeper, was very helpful getting us settled and Kim who served us breakfast each morning was a wealth of knowledge about local places to visit.
No question, when I return to Santa Fe, El Paradero is the place I will stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. From the warm welcome we received when we checked in, to the spotless and tasteful room, to the fabulous breakfast, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this comfortable B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am here with a group, so it's not the same kind of experience as if I were here with my husband. I am sitting in my room at El Paradero right now, with a little gas fireplace burning. It is very pleasant. The B&B is run very efficiently and well - the owners have thought about just about everything. The rooms are cosy and well-kept. Fresh towels and cleaning every day. The beds are very comfortable. Our breakfast in the morning is something scrumptious like chiliquillas with a fried egg on top, fruit and black beans with cojita cheese. Way above average. We are several blocks from the town square - maybe a 6-8 minute walk. I'm glad we're blocks away from the main square because we are on a very quiet street and yet so close to all of the restaurants and shops. There are many restaurants within 1-2 blocks of where we are. They lock up at 6:00 but you can get in with your key; I like the security measures. I have wifi in my room. I recommend this B&B if you like cosy, quiet and well-run establishments.

Room Tip: You can view every room online! Some have fireplaces, some don't.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our weekend getaway was a last minute decision so it was a little difficult finding availability with such short notice. We could not have been more lucky to discover El Paradero! Value was one of the best we found and location is great, walking distance to the center plaza and very close to the Railyard & Saturday Farmer's Market. The B&B is full of charm and authentic touches. One gloomy afternoon was passed drinking tea and enjoying the midday snack by the main houses's fireplace. It was very cozy. We were 2 friends traveling together so needed separate beds, which proved hard to find in Santa Fe, but El Paradero had a room that worked. The bathroom was across the hall, but private so not a problem at all for us. The breakfast was probably my favorite meal that we had in Santa Fe. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The room next door to ours had it's own fireplace!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends