“Lovely B&B, hostile management” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dos Casas Viejas
You added Dos Casas Viejas to your Saves list
610 Agua Fria St., Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Historic District)   |
Ranked #36 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Vancouver, CA
“Lovely B&B, hostile management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2004

When I read the negative reviews about the owners of this beautiful B&B (most of which seem to have been deleted now), I assumed they were written by cranks. But the management of Dos Casas was so markedly cold and rude that I felt compelled to confirm what had been said. Although our room was charming and the location couldn't have been better, my husband and I felt so unwelcomed that it colored our whole experience. I don't mind that co-owner Susan and employee Kelley showed no interest in conversation or pleasantries, but they made every minor request seem like a huge burden--things like refilling the empty hot water at breakfast, or storing a suitcase for a couple of hours after checkout. We left there feeling that we'd given a lot of money to people we didn't like and had no desire to support. Next time, we'll look elsewhere.

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2004

My stay at Dos Casas was a great time... The owners were some of the nicest and most people I have ever met while on vacation. The really made my trip to NM a great one - something I will always remember. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a nice place to stay and a friendly experience...

I am not sure about the review above being accurate - did we stay at the same place?

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2003

Visited in December of 2003 and was overwhelmed with the hospitality and service. The breakfasts were above average. The room and atmosphere were very relaxing. I found the innkeepers to be very polite and helpful with dinner reservations and activities. We will absolutely return

Almost in Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2003

The place is nice, quiet and close to the town center...but - for every question we asked we got laughed at. E.g where can we raft? - Here in New Mexico! Haha! - Turns out the town has 3 outfitters and yes a river is nearby too. - when we used the common rooms we always got stared at (did the really think try to steal something)- the breakfast seem to be a wee bit small for what you pay for the room, - "everyone only one bagel half and one piece of fruit"- the rooms didn't have A/C only a humidifier - yeah - trade the dry hot air for humid hot air- when we checked out - we got grunted at as a good bye - c'mon they can at least pretend after we left there over $1500- it seemed really like they didn't wanted us there - but the first thing they ask you upon check in is your creadit card - not "How are you?"All in all this place the sum of the Santa Fe spirit: We only want your money - NOT YOU.

Been to Dos Casas Viejas? Share your experiences!