“A place that feels like home complete with a daily tasty bfst!” 5 of 5 stars

Alexander's Inn
529 E Palace, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth
“A place that feels like home complete with a daily tasty bfst!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My friend, her daughter and I recently visited Alexander's Inn in Santa Fe and were so thrilled with our selection. Our stay in the Cottage was perfect for 3 complete with a cute kitchen, great location and delicious daily breakfast. Carolyn and the friendly staff were helpful with restaurant suggestions and local happenings...we will be back!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gary, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed two nights in the Cottage. It was perfect. The staff was wonderful, the cottage was perfect and the cookies delicious! The location is excellent for those wanting to explore the Plaza area. We had a wonderful stay. Very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My recent stay at the Cottage was superb. I went to Santa Fe with the goal of a week's long "time out" from the stresses of daily life. I wanted calm, quiet and peaceful. I was not disappointed. The Cottage is a soothing space with its cozy interior decor, a kitchen and at the top of a spiral staircase a lovely bedroom with natural light (sun and moon) pouring in through a wall of windows along one side. I spent hours reading on the patio surrounded by the quiet and well tended garden off the patio.

The Innkeeper Carolyn and her family have the gift of making one feel welcome without being overbearing. I loved my stay and am looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our weekend getaway was harried with family issues, but Alexander's Inn was just the right counterpoint to all the drama. The Cottage was quiet and secluded, with well-kept landscaping, a shady porch for relaxing and reading, a kiva fireplace and a fun sleeping loft atop a spiral staircase. Owner/Innkeeper Carolyn and her staff were ever so helpful, and they made every effort to assure our stay was memorable. Breakfast was cooked to order, healthy (if you wanted) and delicious (special shout-out to Saturday's Mexican egg bake with chipotle salsa. Sabroso!) Perhaps best of all, our dog, Brody, had a playmate for the weekend with Brady, the family's friendly and exuberant yellow lab. More often now, I find I suffer from what Richard Bradford called 'acute Land-of-Enchantment deprivation.' The only cure is a New Mexico sky and lots of red chile. When this magical place tugs at our hearts again, you can bet we'll head south, and Alexander's Inn will be on our list.

Room Tip: Vacation rentals at Alexander's Inn are about a three-block walk from the breakfast spot at Haci...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bainbridge Island, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Pinon which is operated by the same management group that handles Madeleine's and Alexander's Inn B & Bs. The location was very close to the town center, convenient for exploring the many attractions nearby. It was spacious and clean.
When we got there in the evening, the neighbor's dogs started barking as soon as we turned the lights on. You can't use the balcony because the dogs will bark continuously. There are three dogs tied to trees and they are left outside day and night. Every time we are in the house, the dogs bark, even in the middle of the night. If only the dogs were not noisy...???

Room Tip: NOT Pinon or Juniper
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
washingotn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The inn itself is very nice and within walking distance to the plaza. However, the neighborhood has barking dogs galore. there is one dog that sounds like he is right on top of the roof. very difficult to get peace and quiet. they really need to address the barking dog issue.

Room Tip: close your window.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Alexander's Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am so very sorry to read that you were disturbed by barking dogs while staying at one of our vacation rentals. Having lived in that neighborhood myself, I too experienced that problem a few times a year. Alas, we had the same issue when we moved out to the country as well. There are sometimes packs of coyotes prowling around the foothills, and they set the dogs to barking. My only option to deal with this problem is to call Animal Control when the barking is happening, which is why we have my phone number posted for guests to call in case of any nighttime problems or disturbances. Animal Control would then come and make sure the dogs are put inside their respect homes, or are picked up and brought to the shelter. I am sorry I wasn't aware of this problem, as I could have called Animal Control right away. I wish there was a permanent solution to this intermittent problem, but thankfully, it is a rare occurrence.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

From the incredible breakfast (granola -- yummy! I make it to give as Christmas presents) to the unfailingly helpful staff and great accommodations, Alexander's Inn was my favorite part of my stay in Santa Fe. We rented a casita and it was perfect. Actually got pizza delivered one night (from a place recommended by the fabulous staff) and hands down it was the best pizza I have ever had. If I ever head back to Santa Fe I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Loved, loved, loved our casita though the neighbors had dog that barked -- a lot and early in the mo...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Alexander's Inn? Share your experiences!