“Suites are small, but otherwise good.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe to your Saves list
Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 East Palace Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Suites are small, but otherwise good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Drury opened this summer in Santa Fe. It went into the old hospital building. The renovation of the hospital is impressive. The lobby and public areas are nicely designed. The staff is pleasant and professional. I stayed in a king suite, the largest room the hotel offers excepting the presidential suite. The king suite is small. It really seemed like a regular hotel room with a wall dividing the sitting and sleeping area. It would have been tight for 2 people. I probably would not return, but if you aren't particular about room size, this hotel would be fine.

Room Tip: No point upgrading to a suite, the suites are small.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went here for my anniversary and for lack of a better word it was weak! I had a room with a terrace and the view was very disappointing I felt like I wasted my money. The staff was nice and the hotel was clean and very new in appearance which I know to be true because there was still construction in progress. I expected a lot more from this hotel because the San Antonio River Walk Location was so fabulous I was expecting the same experience not just a place to spend the night. Also the TV was dark so I couldn't even enjoy my favorite show while I was there :( But on the plus side the drinks were nice and good and still FREE! But I want be back.

Room Tip: no views so don't bother picking a room with a terrace
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A high quality experience for a mid-quality price. Close to the plaza and great value. The hot breakfast and kickback meals really help on the budget. Fresh, clean and friendly. Be prepared, valet parking only and there are not good parking options close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off, the location of the hotel in relation to downtown, could not get any better! Right in the heart. Once we valeted our car, we didn't need it again, until we checked out. Secondly, this hotel is gorgeous! I would give the service 5 stars alone! Our room wasn't ready, upon check-in (5pm), not only did they comp off some $$, but we received several apologies from management and staff. The manager gave us his card and told us that if we needed anything, give him a call. He scored huge points! When our key didn't work, the sweet staff escorted us to our room with the master key just in case it didn't work & we wouldn't have to walk back to the front desk again. The 2 room deluxe room was huge! Beautiful fireplace, spotless bathrooms, comfy beds. Worth the 30 minute wait. It is perfect for families! With our room we got tickets for 3 drinks each & 5:30 kickback included chili, baked potatoes, mac & cheese, hot dogs, & salad. It was pretty good! We weren't terribly hungry, so we considered it dinner. The free breakfast in the morning was great! Here's a tip though, the cafe across the Palace Ave from the hotel, Palacio Cafe, serves AWESOME lattes! The best one that we tried throughout the downtown area. We grabbed a cup Sunday morning and took a stroll. We will be back again for sure!

Room Tip: For families, get the 2 room deluxe room! Very spacious!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 10-31-14 for 3 nights. I booked hotel on there online website & when making reservation
there was a space for " requests " I put in specific requests and was very happy to see that right
after checking into hotel and getting into room that I was accommodated perfectly. The staff was
great from valet & front desk to food & beverage servers. All staff extremely friendly. The room was a very good size, very clean and comfortable beds. The Hotel is a perfect location in proximity to the downtown plaza square. Was on the plaza within a few short minutes walk. Checked out the pool and hot tub & exercise gym on top floor and found all exceptional with beautiful views. Curious to stay in the same building where I was born and wanting to know if
would be a hotel that I would recommend to friends,family and incoming visitors I definetely would and will.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Winston Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were here 10/28 - 11/1. This hotel is new & is only a short walk to the square/plaza. There are many restaurants within walking distance. There is a beautiful outdoor pool on the roof, and a gym - my husband used it & said there was never anyone in there. We were in a King room for 2 nights which was very nice, the bath had a wonderful DEEP soaking tub plus nicely tiled shower. Then we switched to a suite - Thank you Sir! Anyway, it was huge w/an enormous bathroom, sep LR, 3 flat screens, gas log FP. My constructive criticism for this hotel is PLEASE add more towel bars. How can you reuse a towel if there is nowhere to hang it up to dry? And it would have been nice to have better lighting in the room - especially in the bath. Showers have very dark tile & the shower is like a cave. I will definitely seek out Drury Plaza properties again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 458 (Suite) only has one window so it is kind of dark.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is about five minutes walk from the town centre, so very convenient. It is modern, with marble halls and high quality fittings - it is obvious that a lot of money has been spent on it. We were there in early October and it was very quiet and, I have to say, somewhat soulless. We had room 407 - a beautiful large room furnished with top quality materials. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning was the quietest we've ever heard. Excellent wi-fi connection. The buffet breakfast was not as good as it should have been for the price per night which we were paying. I question whether valet parking is really necessary - the car park was not that far away. We would have been happy to park ourselves.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe? Share your experiences!