“Massage at Absolute Nirvana” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 76 activities in Santa Fe
Type: Spas, Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Experience sublime bliss in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. Featuring traditional Asian spa rituals and luxurious rose petal baths, we are dedicated to the ancient healing art of using plants, herbs and spices for inner and outer beauty. In addition, we offer therapeutic, hot stone and Thai massage, as well as a selection of rejuvenating and anti-aging facials. Our staff of Master-level therapists, all with 17 to 30 years of experience, will nourish your body and soul.
Calgary, Canada
“Massage at Absolute Nirvana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This wonderful little spa is so quiet, relaxing & grounded. Just the ticket to de-stress and ground. I was staying at the Madelaine Inn so it seemed natural to book a treatment. IMagine my delight to discover a first rate spa! My massage & scrub was so great I booked a Thai Massage the next day. Both were tremendous treats & added immensely to my enjoyment of my trip. Thank-you Lauren for wonderful treatments.

Visited June 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write of your enjoyment of Absolute Nirvana Spa. Lauren, along with the rest of the staff of Master Level Therapists, do a phenomenal job. Lauren is especially great at her Hot Stone and Thai Massage work, so I am glad you had the opportunity to work with her. I hope you got all the rest and relaxation you were seeking while staying at The Madeleine Inn, and that the bodywork at Absolute Nivana was exactly what you needed after a week of camping.

Carolyn Lee
Owner
The Madeleine Inn & Absolute Nirvana Spa

New Castle, Indiana
“Totally Nurturing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

During my visit I had a massage, salt scrub, yogurt & honey mask & a facial at Absolute Nirvana. The spa is small, but simply beautiful. The minute you enter, there is a calm and positive energy instantly relaxes you. The staff is gentle and kind. The thing that I will remember most is how sensual of an experience this was...the feeling of the salts being poured over my body and the warm mask that instantly cooled. There were so many wonderful smells and sensations. I highly recommend this spa!

Visited June 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your time at Absolute Nirvana Spa. It is our intention to offer a complete feast for all the senses, and I am delighted that you got this. A spa experience really ought to appeal to all the senses: touch as well as visual, auditory, taste and aromatic.

We certainly hope you are able to return for more nurturing on all levels.
Sunset, South Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Delightful treatments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was able to get an appointment with very short notice. I had the summer special with Lauren. She was a wonderful therapist and I have had treatments in many top rated spa's across the US. The surroundings are laid back and pleasant. I can recommend the messages and body scrub however I did not have a facial here. The only thing I would add would e conditioner in the showers.

Visited May 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review of your experience at Absolute Nirvana. Lauren is a fantastic therapist, and has been with us ever since we opened the spa 8 years ago. We are fortunate to have her on our staff, along with our other Master Level therapists, all of whom have 10-28 years of experience.

I regret that the conditioner did not come out of the dispenser in your shower. All of our amenities are made by the local company, Aromaland, with natural and plant-based ingredients. The company changed their conditioner to a much thicker consistency, and we discovered it has been getting clogged in our dispensers from time to time. Aromaland is going back to the older formula for our spa so we do not have this problem again. Thank you for your comments on this matter - please know that we will have the new conditioner will be ready this coming week.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Absolutely wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This spa and gardens is a little treasure in the middle of Santa Fe, New Mexico. The place is beautiful and relaxing - you feel transported to another spot when you are there. The staff is first class and very nurturing. I went for a massage, and it was amazing - thank you Elenya! You are the first concern, and it shows. For locals or anyone visiting the area, I highly, highly recommend this spa. I love the Balinese accents, and the rose petal baths with chocolate and fruit are amazing (I've had this one at a previous visit)! They are doing things right at this spa...

Visited May 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for writing of your treatment with Elenya - she is a phenomenal therapist, along with the rest of the therapists at Absolute Nirvana. It is certainly our mission to transport clients to a state of total bliss and relaxation, and to provide a feast for the senses. Thank you for coming back for a second visit. I hope you are able to come back again this summer, as the gardens only get better as the season progresses.
DENVER
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife booked a 60-minute treatment for each of us. She had a deep tissue massage and I had just a regular massage. Boy, was she jealous. Lauren was my therapist and she was outstanding! I've had many treatments but never one that left me feeling this relaxed. I truly felt like I was transported somewhere else. Lauren focused on my problem area (lower back) and was able to work out the stress there and in my shoulders. Anyone reading this review - if you're ever in Santa Fe, go to Absolute Nirvana and ask for Lauren. She - as well as everyone else we encountered - was great. It's not cheap - but it is so worth it!

Visited April 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your massage with Lauren so very much. While all of our staff are Master-Level therapists, with a minimum of ten years experience each, Lauren is one of our senior therapists. She has been with the spa since its inception in 2005, and has almost 25 years of experience. Not only does she do exceptional massage work, she is a stellar human being with a heart of gold. We are fortunate to have her on our team. You are correct in saying that we are "not cheap", and we not trying to compete with places like Massage Envy. On the other hand, $105 for a 60 minute Master-Level treatment is a good deal less expensive than most of Santa Fe's other big spas. We are happy to know you feel you got your money's worth and look forward to seeing you once again.