“Elopement perfection! Romantic and beautiful at Casa de Estrellas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Estrellas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de Estrellas
You added Casa de Estrellas to your Saves list
310 East Marcy Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #32 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Elopement perfection! Romantic and beautiful at Casa de Estrellas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Casa de Estrellas was the absolute perfect place for my husband and I to spend our stay in Santa Fe, New Mexico and their wedding garden was a beautiful location for our ceremony. We stayed in the Celeste Villa for 6 nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. First of all, I think it's important to make the distinction that this is less of a hotel and more of a rent your own villa experience. We loved that it allowed us a private honeymoon and a place that felt like a home away from home. They have many amenities that hotels don't have, such as a personal garage, a full kitchen with stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, personal espresso machine and dishes, as well as a washer and dryer. There are some things that you have to ask for that some travelers might expect, such as cleaning or towel service. If you desire it during your stay you just have to ask and it will be provided, but they will leave you alone and not enter your villa unless you request it, we personally didn't mind that at all. The service was casual and relaxed, just like us, and in the the pace of Santa Fe. They are a small business, so if you are expecting a large hotel type service with daily room service and a front desk that is staffed at all hours you may not be at home here, but with that said, If you need something you just have to ask and they are attentive to your needs. The manager, Mary, is so great. She was very warm and accommodating, and she helped me to create the beautiful, romantic and simple ceremony that my husband and I envisioned. They offer a great basic elopement package at a good price in my opinion, which you can build upon at extra cost if desired to create the wedding that you would like. We only eloped with the two of us and they provided all of our needs. We also chose to have a breakfast basket delivered the morning after we were married and it was delicious and relaxing to eat on the sunny balcony patio. The artwork and design throughout the villa and the garden was beautiful and delivered the artistic flavor of Santa Fe. Being spiritual but non-religious people, we loved the flower of life design on the cupboards and zen feeling of the garden. The mosaic tiling throughout the Celeste Villa was also gorgeous. They also have a spa that looked lovely and offered an assortment of treatments, however we didn't take advantage of it during our stay, hopefully next time we will! Additionally, the location is perfect for exploring Santa Fe! It is a stone's throw to shops, restaurants, galleries, and cathedrals around downtown and the Plaza area, as well as the galleries along Canyon Road, and a beautiful park across the street where you can walk up to the Cross of the Martyrs to view spectacular sunsets. All in all, everything was perfect and our stay here was a very big part of the great time that we had in Santa Fe. I highly recommend and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

From start to finish we had a wonderful stay. The casita was better than the pictures with built in expresso so we could make our own latte's. The spa is an oasis of luxury, peace and harmony right in the hustle bustle of downtown Santa Fe. Top notch Santa Fe lodging The onsite gallery was featuring local artists and since I golf the original art painted on drivers by Long Drives was unique.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

They were so disfunfuctional in every way. Not friendly to me on the phone or in person. I made a reservation over the phone and the woman I spoke with was very grouchy. So I go to the appointment at the scheduled time with my husband and our newborn and we waited and waited in the little office/shop space and there was NO ONE anywhere to help us. Finally some man who looked half asleep at 11 in the morning came out and rudely asked how he could help us. We told him we had a massage appt and he said someone should have called us to tell us that our appt was cancelled. It was beyond ridiculous. We live a good 30 minutes away from the spa, got our newborn out in the middle of winter, received terrible service, waited and waited. The Guy told us they would call us to reschedule, did they? Nope.
Worst experience at a spa ever.

• Stayed May 2010
mtbSantaFe, Manager at Casa de Estrellas, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience. We would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you. We have made adjustments to our spa reception area and scheduling organization. We know this will address your experience and we will not allow anything like that to happen again. Our goal is to provide a beautiful spa experience to New Mexico residents and visitors. I'm sure your experience was a very unfortunate mishap that has been corrected.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Our villa was a unique combination of Southwestern and Indonesian design influences, with contemporary art thrown in for good measure. Truly a one of a kind luxurious environment in which to stay in Santa Fe. Just a short walk to the Plaza and the Downtown art galleries and restaurants, and also a short walk to Canyon Road. Outstanding personalized service as well, and great spa treatments available.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Our Cas de Estrellas cottage was beautiful, convenient, and fun. We walked to the Plaza in less than 10 minutes. The elegant kitchen allowed us to prepare local food from the farmer's market. It set a high bar for other establishments. Book some nights here, we predict you will be very pleased.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

This is a off-beat story. On the last day of our vacation, we are rolling into Santa Fe and looking for a nice, clean, comfortable room... something in the range of $100 - $150. I boot up the laptop with wireless Internet connection in the van and decide to check out Expedia. I find a cassita that incredibly lists at $99.00 for one night at Case de Estrellas Moroccan Spa - a four star property. It is too good to be true. So, we decide to park and just walk over there. The manager is showing someone to their room and says he will be with us in 10 minutes. Okay, but why does it take that long to show someone to their room? We wait inside and check out the adjoining art gallery and finally the manager returns. We first ask about a room and he says he can give us a "deal" since it is the last night of a holiday weekend and they are a four star property - $300.00 or something like that. I've forgotten by now (this review is long overdue). We state we found a $99 deal on the Internet on Expedia. He says no way. Well, we boot up the laptop which we carried with us and show him. He says he has to honor the rate. The owner was not one bit happy. And, then later we find out that they've had some issues with Expedia and decide to see if they post a ridiculously low rate, will anyone ever find them on Expedia? Yes, is the correct answer. We register for the room and he takes us there. Wow. It's more like a garage apartment above a carriage house. Beautiful. Rather European, but updated. It takes a while to show us all the amenities including an Espresso machine, all kitchen amenities, stereo, balcony, etc. I stay in four and five star hotels through my job as a conference planner, but on personal trips, we can't afford these types of rooms except perhaps once a year.... and we had already stayed at a historical hotel in California in May. Anyway, the room was gorgeous. Yes, the bedroom is very small and the bathroom even tinier (perhaps to accommodate the huge shower large enough for 2 or 3 people). There virtually was no closet space. But, it did have a full kitchen with dishes and silverware, a dining area, a large living room with a couch and a big-screen TV with a great sound system, and a small balcony. Beautiful tile and carved wooden doors and treatments. The property was not filled. They had a hot tub outside of the spa that we used around midnight. That was nice because every other hotel where I've stayed (including resorts) close the pools and hot tubs at 10:00 pm. Would I stay there again? Probably not but only due to the cost. Do I recommend the property? Absolutely. It was a perfect ending to our road trip where we camped out a few nights, stayed in a different hotel every night, etc. An amazing trip. The only downside to Case de Estrellas is that is far from the plaza and I did not particularly care for the walk in the evening. I told John the Manager I'd write a review and we never got around to it. Here it is. He was a nice guy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Gibsonburg,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We as a family,really enjoyed our stay here.Service was out standing.Couldn't have asked for anything more.Villas also have kitchens where you can cook there or It's location is not far,all in walking distance,to Santa fe Plaza,where you'll find many art galleries of all kinds,and resturants avaiable

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Casa de Estrellas? Share your experiences!