“A Unique, Luxurious and Private Place to Stay in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Estrellas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de Estrellas
Save Saved
You added Casa de Estrellas to your Saves list
310 East Marcy Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, CA
“A Unique, Luxurious and Private Place to Stay in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Our villa was a unique combination of Southwestern and Indonesian design influences, with contemporary art thrown in for good measure. Truly a one of a kind luxurious environment in which to stay in Santa Fe. Just a short walk to the Plaza and the Downtown art galleries and restaurants, and also a short walk to Canyon Road. Outstanding personalized service as well, and great spa treatments available.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Our Cas de Estrellas cottage was beautiful, convenient, and fun. We walked to the Plaza in less than 10 minutes. The elegant kitchen allowed us to prepare local food from the farmer's market. It set a high bar for other establishments. Book some nights here, we predict you will be very pleased.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

This is a off-beat story. On the last day of our vacation, we are rolling into Santa Fe and looking for a nice, clean, comfortable room... something in the range of $100 - $150. I boot up the laptop with wireless Internet connection in the van and decide to check out Expedia. I find a cassita that incredibly lists at $99.00 for one night at Case de Estrellas Moroccan Spa - a four star property. It is too good to be true. So, we decide to park and just walk over there. The manager is showing someone to their room and says he will be with us in 10 minutes. Okay, but why does it take that long to show someone to their room? We wait inside and check out the adjoining art gallery and finally the manager returns. We first ask about a room and he says he can give us a "deal" since it is the last night of a holiday weekend and they are a four star property - $300.00 or something like that. I've forgotten by now (this review is long overdue). We state we found a $99 deal on the Internet on Expedia. He says no way. Well, we boot up the laptop which we carried with us and show him. He says he has to honor the rate. The owner was not one bit happy. And, then later we find out that they've had some issues with Expedia and decide to see if they post a ridiculously low rate, will anyone ever find them on Expedia? Yes, is the correct answer. We register for the room and he takes us there. Wow. It's more like a garage apartment above a carriage house. Beautiful. Rather European, but updated. It takes a while to show us all the amenities including an Espresso machine, all kitchen amenities, stereo, balcony, etc. I stay in four and five star hotels through my job as a conference planner, but on personal trips, we can't afford these types of rooms except perhaps once a year.... and we had already stayed at a historical hotel in California in May. Anyway, the room was gorgeous. Yes, the bedroom is very small and the bathroom even tinier (perhaps to accommodate the huge shower large enough for 2 or 3 people). There virtually was no closet space. But, it did have a full kitchen with dishes and silverware, a dining area, a large living room with a couch and a big-screen TV with a great sound system, and a small balcony. Beautiful tile and carved wooden doors and treatments. The property was not filled. They had a hot tub outside of the spa that we used around midnight. That was nice because every other hotel where I've stayed (including resorts) close the pools and hot tubs at 10:00 pm. Would I stay there again? Probably not but only due to the cost. Do I recommend the property? Absolutely. It was a perfect ending to our road trip where we camped out a few nights, stayed in a different hotel every night, etc. An amazing trip. The only downside to Case de Estrellas is that is far from the plaza and I did not particularly care for the walk in the evening. I told John the Manager I'd write a review and we never got around to it. Here it is. He was a nice guy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Gibsonburg,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We as a family,really enjoyed our stay here.Service was out standing.Couldn't have asked for anything more.Villas also have kitchens where you can cook there or It's location is not far,all in walking distance,to Santa fe Plaza,where you'll find many art galleries of all kinds,and resturants avaiable

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed here with my family in Kama Sutra, as this was their first time to Santa Fe. Every detail was thought out- We had our own garage for our car- which proved to be helpful as there was a hailstorm!!!!!

Immaculately clean; and the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

I can't recommend this place enough- it's like walking into a dream.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

My husband and I just experienced one of the most wonderful get-aways we've had recently. When we first arrived at Casa de Estrellas in Santa Fe. The manager, John was professional yet made us feel very welcomed and special. He walked us through the main office, which is also a fine art gallery, (Casa Contemporary Fine Art). Since we are both artists and own a fine art gallery on the Oregon Coast - we felt right at home.

Our villa was a cozy, warm and elegant, with hardwoood floors throughout. A well appointed kitchen with a Miele automatic espresso machine, goodies (juice, assorted cheeses, fresh fruit and milk) were stocked in the refrigerator. Tea and coffee was also provided.

The bedroom was inviting with warm tapestries covering the windows and a nice comfortable bed. The bedroom was situated in the corner of the villa - so there was some road noise, however we traveled with a small fan and heard nothing once it was turned on low. The bathroom was fun, decorated with colorful mosaic tile, heated floors, heated towel rack, plush, thick towels and Moulton Brown amenities. It only had a shower (I'm a bath girl) but it was spotless. The living room had a beautiful, REAL stone fireplace complete with plenty of wood to create big, crackling fires with. The fireplace can be seen from the bed too.

John made dinner reservations both nights at popular restaurants that I am sure we wouldn't have been able to obtain on our own.

We look forward to the next time we visit Santa Fe as we will most definitely be staying at Casa de Estrellas.

• Liked — Cleanliness, attention to detail and made us feel like they were happy we were there.
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed hear in late August. We originally booked 4 nights and extended 2 more. After seeing pictures of Kama Sutra villa on the website we were excited about staying here. The pictures don't really show how wonderful this propery really is. The staff is attentive and we used the hot tub several times. I really appreciate the non chlorine and very clean water in the tub. I suggest using the spa services. I had the oil drop and my friend had a facial and used the steam room. We just loved staying here and will return.

• Liked — Spacious living space
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Casa de Estrellas? Share your experiences!