“Dissappointing Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Estrellas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de Estrellas
You added Casa de Estrellas to your Saves list
310 East Marcy Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #32 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
western wisconsin
“Dissappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My recent experience at Casa de Estrellas - very disappointing. My mother and I were having a spa weekend in northern New Mexico and using a package deal at this locale. The package included 1 night stay in luxury villa w/firewood for fireplace, custom massage w/ hot oil & facial, complimentary espresso and cheese/fruit plate w/sparkling beverage, steam room and dry sauna.
When attempting to make reservations we were given the run around for available dates and the man on the phone acted like he didn’t know what package we were using.
We were not welcomed upon arrival; the mood was very somber and unfriendly. We were rushed to a casita above the garage, not getting the luxury villa we were supposed to - looked it was given to another guest even though we had reserved it 1 month prior to arrival. After quickly seeing the room we were rushed into our massages – supposedly behind schedule. There was no offer for assistance w/luggage.
Both experiences w/ massages and facials were wonderful (the best thing about the stay) but we didn’t get the hot oil offered in the package - no comp offered. Unfortunately the steam room was closed for repair - no compensation for the inconvenience. The outdoor hot tub was covered and not offered for use.
Upon returning to the room there was a small plate which included non fresh strawberries, grapes, a cream cheese roll covered in craisins and Gruet Blanc de Nois “sparkling beverage.” No espresso beans available.
The office closes at 6pm sharp, nobody available for after hour assistance, questions, etc

Maintenance issues – numerous light bulbs out all over indoor & outdoor. It was difficult to see after dark on outdoor stairs. Balcony – shaky, bedroom door doesn’t close.
The location is fantastic if interested in downtown area, however there is constant traffic noise from the busy street.

Overall, this place is beautifully decorated, quaint, unique, one of a kind. However, the hospitality is sorely lacking. I will not be returning, will not hold my wedding here and will not recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

our stay here was better than pethe casa was large and comfortable
it is walking distance to the plaza and very safe to walk after dark
hot tub was clean and large and hot :0
a great place to stay
thanks "casa de Esstrellas"

Room Tip: the high note
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I used to live in Santa Fe and returned to get married. Santa Fe is such a a unique and special place, and Casa De Estrellas is really a fabulous example of that. The casita has everything you could need from an espresso machine to a trash compactor & dishwasher, all built into the amazing carved wood and custom tile kitchen & bath. You truly feel like a star in your robes and fantastically comfortable bed. The casita also has a private garage parking space (unheard of downtown Santa Fe), and everything about the space's design was personal, and special.

Do not be in a hurry when you visit, as the staff shares combination of spa zen & the laid back Santa Fe attitude, which I love, but others who are in a rush may not.

We scheduled the romantic escape package which included champagne, a couples massage & the most amazing cheese plate. We added steam time before the massage, which was the perfect way to relax and prepare for our massage. The massage was the best I have ever had.

Prior to arrival, I was concerned about our reservation and other details, but the staff had everything right, and were not invasive to our trip, but always helpful. We do not want to stay anywhere else in Santa Fe ever again! I highly recommend this for the traveler who would like a private and incredible environment for their stay in the Land of Enchantment!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Accommodations exceeded our expecations and the price/value was outstanding. Ambience of decor and furnishings were spectacular. Full kitchen alongwith washer/dryer made our 7-day stay very comfortable (and affordable!). The proximity to shopping at the Plaza and Canyon Road was also a big "plus"!

Room Tip: Concerto #1 is recommended -
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We scheduled a couple's massage for our anniversary..worst experience I've ever had. Very very unprofessional from the second we walked in the door. Our appt was at 2 and the massage didn't begin until 245. The man working at the front desk was very unwelcoming. I was shocked that the guy who gave me a massage was wearing jeans and a backward ball cap, unprofessional again. It was far from a Massage I
got. Maybe a rub?? Maybe if that.
He was disgusting and smelled like
bad cologne. I should have asked if
he was certified because i KNOW he
was not. The other persons
massage was decent but not good. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed March 2011
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

What an amazing place! My husband and I spent 4 days at Casa de Estrellas with a group of our friends. We each had our own unique and beautifully decorated casita with a modern kitchen including an espresso maker. A very cozy living and dining room with a fireplace and in the bedroom the bed itself was like heaven- a great plus on Valentine's night. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

-This is a review of the spa, not the hotel. We did not stay at this hotel.
Wonderful and exotic spa experience. The atmosphere downstairs is perfect. Quiet and secluded. The therapists, Mary and Joanne, are fabulous, good techniques and very friendly and professional!. My mother and I had the Royal Hammam treatment which included a steam (nice!), massage, body scrub, body wrap and facial. The only critique is that the body mud wrap should be done a bit differently. For my mom the mud was cold when applied and both of us thought the mud could have been applied with a brush or something for more even or complete application vs. being applied by hand.
Another issue was that the scheduling should have been handled differently. Mom and I showed up together and had scheduled appts. together, but somewhere in the process they put another customer in front of her (although the person came in well after we did) and mom had to wait for about half an hour for her massage and then I ended up waiting on her for us to leave.
The results were great. My skin felt wonderful and we were both very relaxed.
So if some tweaks can be made I think this is a wonderful spa choice of the many choiced in Santa Fe.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Casa de Estrellas? Share your experiences!