“OMG! Incredible Thai food. Felt like I was in Bangkok enjoying pad Thai again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Cafe

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I have had Thai food all over the world and I typically don't write reviews, yet I had to say something. My wife loves Thai food, therefore I thought what the heck. Let's try this place. But, I was skeptical as this is SWestsrn food heaven. Well, I was wrong about my judgement. Simply put Thai Cafe is the best Thai food I have ever had and I'd put it again any of the Thai food I've had in Thailand. Service was warm and friend. Not overbearing and if your simply looking for REAL good food and comfortable servcice and value. Try it. Great job Thai Cafe team. Kelly, Marcus and I wish you all the success in the world. Continue to share your passion for serving great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Hays, Kansas
“Food was fair, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This restaurant uses the "authentic" spicy levels. Beware of what you order if you are not used to hot food. I love spicy food and can handle all kinds of spicy cuisines fairly well. At Thai Cafe, I ordered the drunken spicy noodle at the "mild plus" level after consulting the server. However, after having about 5 bites, my stomach was burning and eyes watering. I asked the server what I could do -- order some bread? The server smiled and said "I recommended it. I will take care of it." He replaced my order with a non-spicy plate with no additional charge. My sister ordered curry and rice and she had no problem at all. Among the dozens of Thai restaurants I have visited, I cannot say that this restaurant is on the top of the chart. But the food is good and the service is decent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Very Very tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Came in late - almost closing. Very courteous. Shared three dishes between us. One was the 57. The spices were spot on! Fast service. Had a nice chat with the server. Would definitely go again. I compared the taste to a Thai restaurant we love in Sedona.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“would have been 3 stars, BUT...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food was fairly good, and I enjoyed my Thai fried rice. Prices seemed reasonable. Decor was nice. Really there were no problems with the food. The service was fair, a bit spottty. Anyway, I received my bill, $60.15 for our dinner. Gave them my credit card, and was handed a credit card bill to sign for $6,075.40!!! I had to have the transaction cancelled, and then call the credit card company to verify. This ruined the dining experience for me. Anyway, decide for yourself.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elgin, Texas
“Below Average Tom Ka Goong Soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Service was slow although the Thai Cafe wasn't crowded at all. $13.65 (tip included) for Tom Ka Shrimp Soup was more expensive than other similar Thai restaurants where I've dined.

• Visited May 2012